Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
problem after a facial
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I went for a facial a few days ago and now all my face is broken out Sad
My chin and cheeks are bombarded with red spots.

Is there anything I can use to help my skin clear of the spots and also help heal all the recent ones?
I have dry skin so I dunno if its ok to use antibacterial cleanser.

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:10 am      Reply with quote
a facial brings impurities out of the skin so a breakout a few days later is fairily normal. I usually use green tea oil, witch hazel...but they might be a bit drying for you. If you have any glycolic samples around give them a try!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Thats so unfair Aga, you pay for a lovely facial, enjoy it and relax and then you pay a higher price later. I think you had better buy yourself something as a comfort Laughing
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
hehe, yes I DO need to buy something to make myself feel better Very Happy

I actually didnt think I would break out as much. It's been a while since I had a facial so I didint expect all the side effects Wink

Aga
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
If it doesn't go away soon get yourself to a dermatologist. My mom had a strange breakout (after a facial) that lasted way too long, one doc said it was rosacia but the treatment for that did nothing. When she finally saw a dermatologist they said it was bacterial, put her on an antibiotic and it cleared up right away.
Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that sounds scary! Shock
I didnt know one can have these problems after a facial!

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
eck Liz, where'd she have it done? I'll make sure I never go there!!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Aga, think you could handle a night of a polysporin cream or ointment? Would probably soothe and clear it right up. Sometimes I wonder about the facial hygiene thing....so many people talk about breaking out in rashes/acne etc post-facial....thought they were supposed to make you look BETTER not worse. As far as bringing stuff to the surface, maybe that's possible but then I think they should have two-step facials. One step to bring it up, and a second step so they can clean up the mess they made. Smile
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40,
It does seem kind of pointless to go for facials in the end doesnt it?

I will put some neosporin on the brokenout parts and hopefully in a week it will be better Wink Thanks for the suggestion!

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Back to the treat you were going to buy for yourself Aga....... If it was me, it would be a huge carrier full of smarties, or as its almost Easter, and the shops are full of eggs, smartie mini eggs, especially the orange ones Razz On and then lots of delicius products from EDS. Sod the consequences of paying the credit card - its an emergency Laughing
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, I don't know where she had that facial. All she told me was that the aesthetician spent a ton of time doing extractions. She left there feeling kind of raw. I don't think she's had one since.
I've heard horror stories about bacterial infections picked up during pedicures too.
Not that that has ever stopped me from having them, even in filthy Cozumel.
scary pedicure

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |