Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Does Niacin supplementation improve skin tone ,texture?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I have been taking 1000mg of niacin for cholesterol control and will be increasing to 1500 mg soon. After suffering through weeks of really strong flushing, I have noticed that my skin is much smoother, the pores smaller, my melasma has improved, and 99.9% of my wrinkles are gone (not that I had that many to begin with though). Am I seeing things or does niacin actually improve skin tone and texture this much?
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it improves skin. It is used in creams because of this, and works taken as a supplement too. I started taking it because I had it recommended for eczema, and I think it is helping my skin generally. I can't pinpoint my skin looking better just to the niacin though as I started taking Borage oil supplement at the same time and some linseed/flaxseed oil with my breakfast!

Here are some links with a bit of information about the skin benefits.

http://www.enjoyclearskin.com/blog/niacin-improves-skin-tone/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/461488-skin-benefits-of-niacin/

Is it the only different thing you have been "taking/doing" and seen skin improvement? Interesting. And pleased your skin has improved that much!! Very Happy
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
I have been taking 1000mg of niacin for cholesterol control and will be increasing to 1500 mg soon. After suffering through weeks of really strong flushing, I have noticed that my skin is much smoother, the pores smaller, my melasma has improved, and 99.9% of my wrinkles are gone (not that I had that many to begin with though). Am I seeing things or does niacin actually improve skin tone and texture this much?

Ok you have my attention! How old are you, may I ask?
bullet875
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
49 next month-yeesh! lol Also I don't smoke

I don't know if this is doing it alone because I also take a lot of antioxidants and vitamins , but I have certainly noticed that my skin seems to have improved the most after starting the niacin. I wonder if increased blood flow is the culprit?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
49 next month-yeesh! lol Also I don't smoke

I don't know if this is doing it alone because I also take a lot of antioxidants and vitamins , but I have certainly noticed that my skin seems to have improved the most after starting the niacin. I wonder if increased blood flow is the culprit?

well was this the only new thing you've done? And increased blood flow would make sense.!! I am 49 too. How long were you taking these before noticing the difference?

thanks
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am also interested in trying this out. I take so many supplements and Im not really noticing any significant difference from them.
I think the only thing that made a difference to my skin was accutane. People commented that my skin looked better.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've only been taking it for a month and I noticed the difference last week. You do have to be careful with niacin because high doses can cause liver problems (so you should consult with a doctor). Also, non-flushing niacin doesn't work te same way and I've heard that the time released stuff might not work as well as the regular stuff.

I decided to try niacin instead of taking a statin...not only better for your skin, but I've read that statins can depleted the brain of CoQ10.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
bullet875 wrote:
You do have to be careful with niacin because high doses can cause liver problems (so you should consult with a doctor).

I thought that niacin was water-soluble so the excess is excreted in urine. But are you saying that even though the excess is excreted, it can still cause liver damage? What doses are considered too high and what doses are considered good? Thanks so much Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:31 am      Reply with quote
If you all are looking for a supplement, I believe that Innate Response makes some good supplements.

Here's one of my favorites: http://www.innateresponse.com/product-p/40044.htm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |