Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

7 Degrees of Stem Cell Separation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Riley this might help you it was an email DM got on a different post:

DarkMoon wrote:
Response to my email from Invitrx:

Diem Vo diem@invitrx.com

Hi XXXX,

Lacey brings up a very apt concern. I would like to reassure her and others which may have the same feelings towards our skin care line. Our anti-aging serum has been on the market for about 10 years now and sold close to 500,000 units. Our product will not stimulate hair growth in undesirable locations and here's why: Our product's growth factors and cytokines present in the stem cell conditioned media stimulates further cell signalling specific to the target area (ie dermal skin cells when applied topically to the skin). Furthermore, hair growth will only occur where active hair follicles exist such as applying the hair product to the scalp. Our products do all have the same underlying active ingredient and they differ slightly with other ingredients to create our various products in our skin care and hair care line.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Diem

It answers another question but gives the amount of sales.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
The same argument for a certain groups beloved Kinetin, only Kinerase uses it (as far as I see so far) I do not see raves about it in magazines or beauty blogs and only one DIY supplier even bothers to sell it? Yet I see a few on forums rave at what a miracle ingredient it is?

Very true and good point! You are right. I hear nothing about Kinerase any more, but I do see where a lot of DIYer's use and love it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
The same argument for a certain groups beloved Kinetin, only Kinerase uses it (as far as I see so far) I do not see raves about it in magazines or beauty blogs and only one DIY supplier even bothers to sell it? Yet I see a few on forums rave at what a miracle ingredient it is?

Very true and good point! You are right. I hear nothing about Kinerase any more, but I do see where a lot of DIYer's use and love it!

I am sure we can find other examples, not every product pays to be on those glossy pages.

I think Invitrx made itself known more through PS and derms offices?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
My eye surgeon is world renown, he discovered that those that botox "doesn't work on" was really a vit deficiency, if you take this vit for 4 days prior, its takes, and it also lasts longer.

Wow, this is very interesting! I tried Botox once, maybe 5-6 years ago? At any rate, it did not take for me. I had to go back and get it again a week or 2 later, and it still did not take. Do you happen to know what vitamin deficiency?

He developed a zinc based vit. Not sure why one can't just take zinc, but apparently this is a spec mix. I know when I tried botox last year, they offered me that (diff doctor btw), but this was my surgeons discovery. But the trick is 4 days prior, no more is needed after. Its the build up that makes it work.

http://plasticeyesurgery.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:

But don't we have to factor in that the ReLuma product has been on the market for ten years? ..... Where are the unhappy users?

maybe using AQ??

from truthinaging.com/face/aq-skin-solutions-activeserum-reviewed-and-recommended#
(didn't get the whole link, sorry)
"Lisa D says:
Marta, I'm glad to see that you found this effective, too. I purchased the [AQ]Active serum from their website a couple of months ago, and I found that it has worked better for me than the ReLuma, which I tried last year....
Posted on May 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Joan says:
...In the last year or so, I've tried Reluma Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Serum, Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer and E'shee Serum Cellular Repair (over $370 for the 3 different products) and the results were minimal at best. Nothing special, nothing visible. I'm glad to see that AQ has brought their price point down a little closer to earth. I'm definitely going back to [AQ]Skin Solutions.
Posted on May 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm"
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:
My eye surgeon is world renown, he discovered that those that botox "doesn't work on" was really a vit deficiency, if you take this vit for 4 days prior, its takes, and it also lasts longer.

Wow, this is very interesting! I tried Botox once, maybe 5-6 years ago? At any rate, it did not take for me. I had to go back and get it again a week or 2 later, and it still did not take. Do you happen to know what vitamin deficiency?

He developed a zinc based vit. Not sure why one can't just take zinc, but apparently this is a spec mix. I know when I tried botox last year, they offered me that (diff doctor btw), but this was my surgeons discovery. But the trick is 4 days prior, no more is needed after. Its the build up that makes it work.

Botox doesn't work for me, so I may have to give this a shot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

But don't we have to factor in that the ReLuma product has been on the market for ten years? ..... Where are the unhappy users?

maybe using AQ??

from truthinaging.com/face/aq-skin-solutions-activeserum-reviewed-and-recommended#
(didn't get the whole link, sorry)
"Lisa D says:
Marta, I'm glad to see that you found this effective, too. I purchased the [AQ]Active serum from their website a couple of months ago, and I found that it has worked better for me than the ReLuma, which I tried last year....
Posted on May 2, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Joan says:
...In the last year or so, I've tried Reluma Skin Illuminating Anti-Aging Serum, Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer and E'shee Serum Cellular Repair (over $370 for the 3 different products) and the results were minimal at best. Nothing special, nothing visible. I'm glad to see that AQ has brought their price point down a little closer to earth. I'm definitely going back to [AQ]Skin Solutions.
Posted on May 2, 2012 at 11:22 pm"

Just as some AA users are now ReLuma and LifeLine Users and some AA users are now LifeLine users.....Nothing works for everyone and people switch until they fine the one that works for them and then some people never seem to settle on any line/brand?

You are still using AA and plan on continuing or no?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

Bethany I think a lot of Dr.'s offer this now, I know when I tried botox a year ago the Dr. had this as well. I did not take it and I should of just gone to my old Dr. Rolling Eyes not sure what I was thinking. But call around and you want to take it 4 days prior to your appointment, NOT after.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just heard on the news, the VERY thing they've thought cured CANCER, they are now discovering chemo might infact SPREAD IT!!! I just had a freind once "cured" of breast cancer, a year later came up with other cancers, then more stuff and on it went until she passed away. So perhaps this "new" study is correct.

So here's what I've been saying, we read this study, that study and those studies and decide you know exactly what does what, then turn around and wham, oops our NEW study now shows xxxx.

So I think some common sense trumps science data (for me), which can also be swayed by whoever is searching for which side of the coin one wants to land on.

So long story short, science changes Daily, hourly, monthly and yearly!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

wow, this is very interesting. I always get drooping from botox, no matter how few units or how skilled the injector, the results are the same. I would try this if it worked!

Jackie xx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but as far as I can tell, Lifeline has the only patent out of the cultured media products, and this is the only product where we truly know all the ingredients in the product.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/WO2012018865A2.html
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted here or not, but as far as I can tell, Lifeline has the only patent out of the cultured media products, and this is the only product where we truly know all the ingredients in the product.

Last I can find on a fast search Invitrx (ReLuma) is patent pending which I believe means they would have divulged the full ingredients to the Patent office?

Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Recaptures the youthful luminosity and smoothness of skin
Avoid unpleasant side-effects associated with more aggresive cosmetic procedures or therapies
Formulated with patent-pending technology

http://invitrxtherapeutics.squarespace.com/reluma/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:33 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I think your right, but I am curious, what is the diff when its patent pending. Does that mean they can still not divulge all their ingredients (ie. keep them protected). I do get why, in this small pocket of skincare, there are a lot of thieves lmao! Or any product for that matter, other makers steal right and left.

I ask this because RL sent me the ingredients for each product, so do you now feel we don't have them all?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Last I can find on a fast search Invitrx (ReLuma) is patent pending which I believe means they would have divulged the full ingredients to the Patent office?

Yes, I did see that they say that on their website. Wonder why Lifeline has a patent out already, yet the Reluma that has been around a lot longer does not yet? ETA: I do not see anything on Reluma when I search for patents. Do you?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

I ask this because RL sent me the ingredients for each product, so do you now feel we don't have them all?

We do not know what is in the conditioned media for the Reluma product. If you read the Lifeline patent, we know what theirs consists of.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:12 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yes, I did see that they say that on their website. Wonder why Lifeline has a patent out already, yet the Reluma that has been around a lot longer does not yet? ETA: I do not see anything on Reluma when I search for patents. Do you?

I am not really sure which to even search patents under Riley Invitrx the parent company or ReLuma?

I do not wish to sound like a crybaby but I have been ill for the last (almost) month and have not had the energy to look up patents? I did notice that the patent pending I posted was from 2010?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I am not really sure which to even search patents under Riley Invitrx the parent company or ReLuma?

I do not wish to sound like a crybaby but I have been ill for the last (almost) month and have not had the energy to look up patents? I did notice that the patent pending I posted was from 2010?

Good point, I only looked under Reluma!

Understand, I also have been sick, and just looked up the Lifeline patent this morning. (I know nothing about patents, to be honest with you, and don't have a clue how long it takes to actually get the patent.)
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tiny wrote:

We do not know what is in the conditioned media for the Reluma product. If you read the Lifeline patent, we know what theirs consists of.

I've have not searched. For me its not that important, I do understand it is for others. But DM did make a good point the parent company is prob what the patent is under, not RL. I do think RL goes into great detail on how they get the "conditioned media", does that not explain whats in it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Good point, I only looked under Reluma!

Understand, I also have been sick, and just looked up the Lifeline patent this morning. (I know nothing about patents, to be honest with you, and don't have a clue how long it takes to actually get the patent.)

Sorry to hear you have been unwell also Riley!
It sounds as though we are in the same boat with having been ill and I do not know how long it takes to get through the patent process, or what name theirs would be under? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Pertinent article on stem cells in cosmetics:

http://drleng.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/aesthetic-products-claiming-to-contain.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

http://drleng.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/aesthetic-products-claiming-to-contain.html

Quote:

A small study of 20 patients age 37 to 64 demonstrated the impact of a Swiss apple stem cell extract on skin wrinkling. The test cream contained 2 percent Swiss apple stem cell extract, and subjects applied the cream twice daily to their crow's feet for 28 days. The test cream reduced wrinkle depth by 8 percent in two weeks and 15 percent in four weeks over baseline.

What is interesting is that they can share this info for apple stem cell product results, but where is it for the human stem cell products? Maybe the stats just aren't good enough to share? Visia is cheap and accessible (I have posted my own stats here on EDS in the past), so where are the numbers from the pros?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Quote:

A small study of 20 patients age 37 to 64 demonstrated the impact of a Swiss apple stem cell extract on skin wrinkling. The test cream contained 2 percent Swiss apple stem cell extract, and subjects applied the cream twice daily to their crow's feet for 28 days. The test cream reduced wrinkle depth by 8 percent in two weeks and 15 percent in four weeks over baseline.

What is interesting is that they can share this info for apple stem cell product results, but where is it for the human stem cell products? Maybe the stats just aren't good enough to share? Visia is cheap and accessible (I have posted my own stats here on EDS in the past), so where are the numbers from the pros?

I've asked this question a number of times. DrJ's response concerning AA testing was that they couldn't afford the testing equipment - but then I asked why they couldn't use the Visia equipment owned by their stockists. Didn't receive a response to that.

Bethany - I'm interested in the whole question on plant stem cells. There appears to be quite a few reputable people discussing the research - and FutureDerm posted some images of collagen stimulation on her blog. However, DrJ is adamant that this is all bunkum. I think we need to delve into this issue more thoroughly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Bethany - I'm interested in the whole question on plant stem cells. There appears to be quite a few reputable people discussing the research - and FutureDerm posted some images of collagen stimulation on her blog. However, DrJ is adamant that this is all bunkum. I think we need to delve into this issue more thoroughly.

I am interested in the plant stem cells also but don't really understand how plants cells could have that much in common with human skin. Maybe they function more like antioxidants were they are good for the skin and make it look better but there is not a skin cell/plant cell connection. In other words they aren't really the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
This is interesting:

Stem Cells Plant Seeds to New Potential in Anti-Aging Skincare[i]

http://gscos.com/blog/stem-cells-plant-seeds-to-new-potential-in-anti-aging-skincare

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering why the plant stem cells would not work? I know we are not plants, but look how many of our medications come from just that - plants? However, I think Cookie maybe on to something with the antioxidant comment.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |