Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Medik8 Growth Factor Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I received this serum today. Dr. Setterfield of the Concise Guide to Dermarolling fame was one of the developing doctors. The back of the box shows a picture of a dermaroller and the serum is recommended to be used with a home-use roller. I have a .25mm on order but tonight used it with a 0.5mm. The serum is a light gel and sinks right in - it is to be applied twice daily.

I don't intend to do a review on this because I've also ordered Reluma and will be using that at the same time. I don't do things by half, "Less is More" is NOT my motto I'm afraid. So if I do get some results, I won't know what's doing what.

Note that this serum is comprised of plant stem cells.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:37 am      Reply with quote
oh interesting!

I did have a look at that Medik8 when you mentioned it in your laser thread, it looks good but expensive!

I have been trying to resist the Reluma, but I can feel myself wavering..lol.

Where did you order it from Keliu? how much was postage? It seems to have good reviews. I am on the lookout for a good derma roller serum. I did another 1.5mm last week and my skin recovered much quicker from this one (think this was my 3rd or 4th) I used Skin Signals after and Infadolan. I have a .25mm also and am going to start using that a couple of times a week. I am just using CP's with it and Amino Genesis Photolagen?

Would love to know how you go even though you are using both!

5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu. I know you won't do this BUT it would be fascinating to do a split face on Medik8 and Reluma.

As I understand Medik8 GFS is based on transgenic barley-derived EGF (i.e. a biomimic of human EGF) same stuff as in Bioeffect EGF. So I'm very curious how a single, artificially derived factor (Medik8) would compare to a cocktail of factors derived originially from human source (Reluma). I've heard good things about both of them...did not know until I read your post that Dr Setterfield was involved in Medik8 development though, very interesting.

p.s. I have never understood how anyone could have the patience to do a split-face test for anything Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 am      Reply with quote
felixia wrote:
p.s. I have never understood how anyone could have the patience to do a split-face test for anything Laughing

The problem is I use so many things I'd have to divide my face into about eight sections!!

I've been using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for a while now and don't want to give that up either. If you buy the 100ml bottle it works out to be quite inexpensive - it lasts me around 7 months.

Bermie - I bought it from here: www.activeskin.com.au postage was free. Adorebeauty also sell it with free postage.

I've really lashed out on the Reluma and Medik8 and don't imagine that I'll keep on purchasing both of them. I'll re-access the situation after I've used them for a while.

Maybe what I could do is use one on my neck and one on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Keep us posted on results, I do not think anyone has to just use one product! In fact the more we learn, the more a combo might be the best ticket. I am all for adding anything that helps that process. I won't care on your review which is doing what, I would take it as the combo working not any one.
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I meant the Reluma. Where did you order from, trying to find the best price for us in Oz, thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, do you dermaroll first and then apply the Medik8 or the opposite?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Keliu, I meant the Reluma. Where did you order from, trying to find the best price for us in Oz, thanks.

Bernie, she may have ordered it from TIA because they were having 15% off and she let everyone know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Bermie2 wrote:

Bernie, she may have ordered it from TIA because they were having 15% off and she let everyone know.

Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to correct the misinformation in this thread and elsewhere on this forum about Dr. Setterfield. Dr. Setterfield has absolutely no association with the Medik8 product. I'm not sure who suggested that he does, but it is incorrect information, as he does not. Just for the record. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
I just want to correct the misinformation in this thread and elsewhere on this forum about Dr. Setterfield. Dr. Setterfield has absolutely no association with the Medik8 product. I'm not sure who suggested that he does, but it is incorrect information, as he does not. Just for the record. Smile

EthelM, the info on Dr. Setterfield is written about here: http://digitalv.vogue.com.au/vogueau/2012nsg?pg=3#pg3 (It states that Medik8 is the "baby of a team of doctors and Lance Setterfield.)
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well then the information in the article is incorrect. I am 100% certain that Dr. Setterfield is not associated with the Medik8 product. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
Well then the information in the article is incorrect. I am 100% certain that Dr. Setterfield is not associated with the Medik8 product. Smile

Ethel, are you holding out on us? Are you associated with Medik or Dr. Setterfield? That would be so cool!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Ethel, are you holding out on us? Are you associated with Medik or Dr. Setterfield? That would be so cool!

Nope, I'm not. In fact, as I just posted in another thread, I'm not even going to use growth factor products...just Environ C-Quence, topical estriol cream and dermarolling. But I am certain that Dr Setterfield is not associated with Medik8.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
EthelM wrote:
bethany wrote:
EthelM wrote:

Nope, I'm not. In fact, as I just posted in another thread, I'm not even going to use growth factor products...just Environ C-Quence, topical estriol cream and dermarolling. But I am certain that Dr Setterfield is not associated with Medik8.

Ok...we'll take your word for it!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I got the info on Dr. Setterfield's involvement from Vogue Magazine - if that's not correct, no matter. I still like that it is intended for use with a roller.

Bermie - Bethany's correct, I got the Reluma from TIA. Postage was $12.95 which is reasonable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Sorry Riley, I missed your question! I'm going to roll first, then apply the serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Sorry Riley, I missed your question! I'm going to roll first, then apply the serum.

Thanks, Keliu!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |