Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Retin A and pregnancy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone here has used retin a during pregnancy or knows anyone that has?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:18 am      Reply with quote
You SHOULD NOT use Retin-A whilst pregnant.

http://www.otispregnancy.org/files/tretinoin.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Keliu. My partner and I are discussing having another baby and am currently on retin a. Have been researching how long after stopping retin a should we wait to try but the info out there is so mixed up about it. I was def not thinking of using it through the pregnancy but have come across websites where people have said they have used it - some until they new they were pregnant and others all the way through!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Moon I wouldn't even dream of risking it to be honest! Retin A is a prescription medicine and if your trying to create a baby you don't want anything thats going to upset your body or your baby's body do you.
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Don't do it. Who would risk their babies well being for smooth skin? Start back up after you are done nursing ( if you breast feed). When it comes to pregnancy and babies, better safe than sorry. I know that if I did something to Benicia myself that harmed my baby, I would never be able to forgive myself. Even if nothing had happens, it is just an unnessacary risk.
If this post came off as sounding rude I am very sorry, that is not my intention. I just don't want you tO do something you may regret later.
Good luck on the pregnancy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Not at all Kmrmv8. I totally understand the strong feeling from you, TheresaMary and Keliu. And please don't get me wrong. I would never prioritise skin over the wellbeing of another human soul Smile

Actually I have just read through the whole article that you sent me Keliu and it has cleared things up for me. A lot of people including a dermatologist have been quoting an extract from that very article to show that it is safe to use retin a right up to pregnancy and beyond. However the article then goes on to say that 4 babies have been born with birth defects when their mothers have been on retin a and that the birth defects have been similar to what you might find on a child whose mother has been on accutane. Sounds way too risky to me. Also the article suggests a 1 month break from retin a before conception so think I have found my answer. Very helpful thank you Keliu Smile
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Awesome! I'm glad you found what you where looking for. I am on RA and would like to start having children in a few years, after I graduate college and find a job as a teacher. I am only 21 now, so I still have a while but it is good to know how long one should be off RA before trying to conceive.
Hopefully this thread will be helpful for hose wondering the same thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Those who consider getting pregnant should also read up on TCA PEELS. TCA can cause birth defects.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
My daughter is pregnant at the moment and when I had my IPL recently, I enquired about her getting a peel. The nurse said that some peels actually have Vitamin A in them - so a peel is out too.

IMO it's best to avoid everything you can - you might feel like you're being over-cautious, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
You can not use products including Retin A.

It's better not using whitening products either.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just know you will all be thrilled as this is so exciting, but that bundle of joy will be! I put it together a while back. Smile

Pregnancy Safe Skin Care

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=45240

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I just know you will all be thrilled as this is so exciting, but that bundle of joy will be! I put it together a while back.

Pregnancy Safe Skin Care

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=45240

Ah wonderful thanks Dark Moon. Will read up now Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |