Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
desperately seeking advice..........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I have finally taken the plunge after reading lots on the forums and being wowed by the amazing information posted and the kind help and suggestions that are given.
I would appreciate very much some of that help now - I am 40 and have had a battle with my skin since my teens - seraching for that 'magic formula'! There seem to be so many issues to deal with and not enough hours in the day to deal with all of them separately! Also, I am lost among the thousands of products out there!
My concerns now are:-
very dehydrated cheeks and forehead,slighty oily around chin and nose with occasional minor breakouts and some slight scarring around chin area from teen spots; some redness on cheeks, nose and chin (although capillaries not visible) which I am wary of aggravating.
Oh, almost forgot crows feet and first signs of sagging Sad
Desperately need advice re skin care routine please - thats if anyone is still awake reading this book!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
wave Hi Shivvie, welcome to the fold. Im sure you will get lots of advice on here. Im not really qualified enough to give any real advice, I havent experienced many of the problems you have, you poor thing. It must be a nightmare for you. As you will have read, everyone is great on here, Im sure mabsy, who seems to have tried every product under the sun will know what best for you Wink

Carry on enjoying the forum and of course happy spending...... Laughing
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:39 am      Reply with quote
hee hee....new blood and a blank canvas...oh joy! Very Happy

Seriously welcome!

A good basic routine is exfoliation, C serum, agireline serum and sunblock.
Exfoliation: Depends on skin type and preference. I use a microdermabrasion flannel and find that is fine (I am also trying to limit the number of products as my family will take the pee!). If you have very sensitive skin, you may prefer a aha/bha exfoliant. Cellular skin have one which sounds nice, but you have ones by dermalogica etc. Enzyme peels are good too...very gentle but effective, I the papaya and pineapple one by Jasons.
There are aslo manual scrubs, some which are pretty superficial like the apri type Shock or deeper ones like epidermx which a lot of members really rate.

C serum: evens tone and thickens skin. I think everyone should use it! Skinceuticals make a good one but it is very £££! I have come back to the cellular skin one. Couldn't handle the 'slip' it has at first, but I must confess to being impressed and it is cheap! That said Vivier has lots of fans too! Avoid the one from dianayvonne though...not good! Keep it cool and dark and if it's coulour changes to orange, bin it!

Agireline serum: My fave is relaxaline from cellular skin, but ADCE also has a good following and also has stiff like dmea which promotes firmness. Esthers secret is really nice as well and they do an awesome lifting mask! The agireline (acetyl hexapeptide) is a muscle relaxant that smooths fine lines. It isn't botox, but it is close (and better, unless you want to look like a stand in for the Mask!).

Moisturisers are very personal. I'm personally getting more basic each time, but if it doesn't have a sun block in it, make sure you have at least spf15 suc block over the top. If you wear foundation, you could try bare escentuals, which has spf of 15 naturally.

There you go...that should get you sorted:D
Liz Cool

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum shivvie Smile

I fully agree with the help you got from Guapagirl. In general you want to make sure that you exfoliate on a regular basis in order to get rid of dull-looking dead skincells and also to help absorption of products you put on your face. A vitamin C serum is a must in my books as it helps fix some of the environmental damage already done to your skin and protects you (to an extent) from future sun damage. Having said that, it's very important that you wear a good SPF during the day - and that inlcudes around the eye area as well. I would also suggest wearing sunglasses during the day whenever out in the sun so that you don't squint (thereby continually wrinkling up the area around the outer corner of your eye). Products with 10% argireline would also be a good choice - not just to help with wrinkles but with firmness as well. My mum is currently using JB Skin Prep gel, Vivier 20% vit C serum and Alphaderma over the top, Okusil around the eye area. She has dry skin in general but this seems sufficient and her skin looks miles better! She's also using Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads at the moment as the exfoliator.

If you find that part of your skin are oily and parts are dry, I would suggest that you get a moisturiser that will be fine for the oily parts of your face and get a moisture booster like the Skinceuticals B5 gel for example to put under the moisturiser just in the places that are usually dry.

HTH
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou everyone for the welcome Very Happy !
Thankyou also to Guapogirl and Mabsy for the advice!
Am going to start checking out my Argireline options!
Have previously tried vit c serum (cellex), but found it made my cheeks look even more dehydrated , despite using the recommended cellex c hyaluronic acid gel. Is the CSRX vit c serum less drying? And is stability a problem?
Also wondering how important it is to use retinoids ?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shivvie - welcome!
If you experienced drying effects with Cellex C (I used to use it too!) then you will very likely appreciate the texture of the Vivier C serum...it's glorious! It has no oil in it but has a wonderful "slip" (only way I can describe it) and it doesn't leave my skin screaming for the B5!! The dropper too, is superior to that of the Cellex C - which I really appreciate! I've heard through this Forum as well, that Vivier gets really high marks in terms of stability.
Good Luck! Pudoodles
Mabsy

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
shivvie wrote:

Have previously tried vit c serum (cellex), but found it made my cheeks look even more dehydrated , despite using the recommended cellex c hyaluronic acid gel. Is the CSRX vit c serum less drying? And is stability a problem?

I found the CSRx a bit too oily-feeling for me (though it's not actually oily) so this would be good for someone with really dry skin. I only had a sample but didn't notice any issues with stability. I'm using Vivier at the moment, the texture is between that of Cellex-C and CSRx. It is not drying at all, has enough slip to make it comfortable on your skin but not too mush slip to make it feel oily (I have normal skin).
shivvie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Pudoodles and Mabsy Smile
I am going to order the vivier vit c today!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |