Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Payot Elixir Jeunesse Antiaging Antioxidant Essence (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)
Under eye circles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moser1978
5% products discount

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Im looking for a product for dark under eye circles. I do get plenty of rest. I'm looking for a product under 100.00 that is effective. I'm am using elemis under eye serum now and have been since June 23. I thought I would have seen some improvement by now. Thanks!
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 am      Reply with quote
It is said Hylexin works for dark circles.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/hylexin-paraben-free-seri-p_11372.htm
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I am born with dark circles

Until now no products work for my dark circles Crying or Very sad
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I find eating pineapple on a daily basis, plus inversion therapy, really helps.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Moser1978 wrote:
Im looking for a product for dark under eye circles. I do get plenty of rest. I'm looking for a product under 100.00 that is effective. I'm am using elemis under eye serum now and have been since June 23. I thought I would have seen some improvement by now. Thanks!

You might try SkinActives Bright I cream. It's very inexpensive at $17.50. I also add Vitamin K and coffeeberry to mine (also purchased from SkinActives). Here's a link to the website: http://www.skinactives.com/Bright-I-Cream.html
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
i second the SkinActives Bright I - but i would go with the serum. they are both very good for under eye circles - they helped mine. i also added Green Tea with Caffeine to the serum, which is also from SkinActives, and it only costs five bucks.

good luck!
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
This thread might help:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43073&highlight=dark+circles

I've come to terms with mine...

5% products discount

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Try Garnier eye roll. It really works Smile
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
This thread might help:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43073&highlight=dark+circles

I've come to terms with mine...

Me too, the only thing that works is a good under eye concealer, and for me getting fillers in my eye hollows has helped a bit.

Creams only work if it's a pigmentation,hydration issue, sometimes it goes beyond that, especially if your skin is very thin there. A good diet and plenty of water helps too.

GL
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
no, i really think the creams do more - my dark circles and puffing are due to leaking of the blood vessels in the area because of allergies, especially food allergies which can't be helped with antihistamine. the Bright I helps to strengthen the blood vessels and to stop the pooling of blood. i didn't think it would help - nothing else had - but it really did. it reduced them by about seventy percent. i still wear cover up, but nothing like i used to have to wear. i am going to try Chrysin as well, from SkinActives, because other people suggested it. it is intended for very bad undereye circles.
i will let you know how it goes.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
no, i really think the creams do more - my dark circles and puffing are due to leaking of the blood vessels in the area because of allergies, especially food allergies which can't be helped with antihistamine. the Bright I helps to strengthen the blood vessels and to stop the pooling of blood. i didn't think it would help - nothing else had - but it really did. it reduced them by about seventy percent. i still wear cover up, but nothing like i used to have to wear. i am going to try Chrysin as well, from SkinActives, because other people suggested it. it is intended for very bad undereye circles.
i will let you know how it goes.

70% improvement? That's awesome.

Well I'm always up for trying new things. My under eye circles are more hereditary and always look worse when I'm tired. I've bought lots of skin active products, maybe I'll give this one a try too.
Can I ask with the bright eye serum can you add the Chrysin powder or the Vitamin K as you use it daily (like a pinch of powder in a pump of serum?), or do you add it to the whole tube?
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:52 am      Reply with quote
i mix a small batch in a little pot. i use green tea with caffeine, and butcher's broom. i think it is the green tea with caffeine that has helped with the puffing.
i make a strong batch - stronger than the site recommends for the dose of the caffeine and butcher's broom - and swipe it on at night. it makes a firm little mask that tightens, and i think that stops the puffing over night.
the dark circles were fifty percent better within the first three weeks, and kept getting better after that, until now, i am at about 70% improvement.
i have added Sea Kelp Ultramarine too - it is supposed to help with collagen production. to be honest, i swipe some of the whole mix on whenever i am at home alone, as well as at night.
i still use cover up, but so much less.
it is really cheap too - the bright eye serum is about $17, and the green tea with caffeine and butcher's broom are both about $5.50. they will last you about two months.
not sure if it will help with all dark eye problems, but it did help with mine. really happy about it too - i ended up looking a decade or so older because of the dark circles.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:30 am      Reply with quote
So if I mixed a bit of bright eye serum, with green tea and caffein (I actually have some of this) with some Chrysin in a little pot you think that would be good too? I'll look into the butchers broom too.

If you make a stronger batch how much do you put in the pot, the serum versus powders that is?

Sorry to be a pain Wink
TYIA
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
i use about a half teaspoon of Bright I, and then add about one sixteenth of a teaspoon of caffeine and half of that of the butcher's broom. the mix looks brown on my face. i don't know about the Chrysin - but i am just going to throw it in the mix and see what happens!
Debb3485
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
i second the SkinActives Bright I - but i would go with the serum. they are both very good for under eye circles - they helped mine. i also added Green Tea with Caffeine to the serum, which is also from SkinActives, and it only costs five bucks.

good luck!

Hi Alexes, wondering why you preferred the serum over the cream? I've only tried the cream so far but may want to try the serum when I'm ready to reorder. Both the serum and cream do have caffeine in them but the green tea with caffeine does sound like it would be a great addition.
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:30 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
i use about a half teaspoon of Bright I, and then add about one sixteenth of a teaspoon of caffeine and half of that of the butcher's broom. the mix looks brown on my face. i don't know about the Chrysin - but i am just going to throw it in the mix and see what happens!

Sounds like a good mix. I do prefer serums myself too, so I ordered the bright eye serum. I wish the green tea smelt better though LOL Smile
Moser1978
5% products discount

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I am going to try ordering!
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
i just found this on the SkinActives site, under the Bright I cream, "Novice Details" heading;

"If your dark circles are hereditary and caused by melanin pigmentation, our Bright-I cream will not help you much, but you could try our skin brightening cream."

To see what was said just go to the Bright I cream, not serum, on the SkinActives site, and click the "Novice Details" tab.

just as an update, i bought the Chrysin and it seems to be helping me already. it hasn't magically made the problem disappear, but i can see that it is working. i have had it for about five days now. i will check back in two weeks from now to let you know if it really is stepping things up, or if it was just wishful thinking.

i found something else on the SkinActives site;

"Lecithin is in this formulation to provide lipids your skin needs. Lecithin taken orally seems to help decrease serum cholesterol, but it does not work when injected into lipomas (a benign tumor made of adipose tissue), and it will not make your fatty thighs go thin. However, some Skin Actives clients say it works well on fat deposits under the eyes. Remember that topical application of caffeine can decrease the thickness of subcutaneous fat, so even if lecithin does not work for you, our Bright-I cream may. If you are desperate (it is always a bad idea to feel desperate when making any decision, even buying skin care), try our cellulite cream".

this is in the same place as the first quote - the SkinActives site, under Bright I cream, in the "Novice Details" section.
i added the italics (if they show up)to show where it claims that topical application of caffeine helps to decrease the fatty deposits under the eyes. if anyone has fat bulges under their eye, they might want to check that out. i know that people were talking about lecithin doing that, but i had never heard of caffeine doing it.
and it kind of looks like they are recommending their Cellulite cream for under the eyes if there are fat bags there?
am i reading that wrong?

anyway, though i would pass that on.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Along the same lines, here's a diy approach another forum member (superdogg) took a while ago which looked interesting but didn't receive too much response here on eds:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46483&highlight=coffee+caffeine
Coffee/caffeine pills/milk powder & then lecithin

Hopefully it wasn't already mentioned. she seemed to have experienced great success and came back to eds to share it with us. If it helps you, please thank her for the recipe!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Well, I would try a very good concealer on dark circles, maybe using AMAZING COSMETIC concealer that is available at EDS. If you are getting enough sleep, then continue doing this and also if you are putting some eye cream/serum, this will help too. Please note that we can not totally eliminate the dark circles. I don't think there is a cure for that, but you can diminish the dark circles....

Moser1978 wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Laboratoire Dr Renaud Performance Contours Plus Skin Texture & Firmness Perfector (200 ml / 6.76 floz) Payot Elixir Jeunesse Antiaging Antioxidant Essence (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Age-Defying Hair Mask & Bonnet System