Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best kiss-proof lipstick
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I usually wear a strong lip all day and it gets a little annoying when I want to kiss or smooch my husband. I just really dislike getting my lipstick all over him and I can tell he's not too happy, either. I really don't like my face without lipstick, though.
I picked up this lipstick in Spain that is basically 2 coats - one color and one gloss. It's called Manhattan Lips 2 Last.

http://www.manhattan.de/en/products/lips/product/Productline/details/lips2last/3607340821066/

The concept is excellent but I chose the wrong color (I need stark, cold colors) and am now back in the States and have never come across this brand here.

What's a lipstick you can recommend that doesn't come off when you eat/smooch/kiss?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
In spite of the fact that it does not have the best ingredients I really like Maybelline Superstay. I think they have recently reformulated it to Superstay 24, but if you can find the old one Superstay 16, that's the one I have used for quite a while. The lipcolour is applied with a little wand, and the gloss is just an ordinary solid lipsticky thing on the other end. Recently I got quite a few both at my local drugstore and a dollar store for about $2 as the 16 hour is discontinued. Try Makeup Alley for reviews of long wearing lipsticks. This is the one I like, tho.

What fun you will have testing . . .
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Revlon and Covergirl also make a lipstick like this. I have both brands, and they are the only lipsticks I wear. The color stays on all day unless I eat something really oily, which is rarely. You do have to reapply the gloss a couple times a day, but the color does stay on for anywhere from 12-20 hours depending on how much kissing you do or what you eat. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you find these get yucky after a bit, drying or balling up?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Good call, tiny! All of these options sound awesome and promising but I do get dry lips and the drying up and sticking to dry patches on my lips is a bit gross.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Good call, tiny! All of these options sound awesome and promising but I do get dry lips and the drying up and sticking to dry patches on my lips is a bit gross.

Glad I am not alone in that!!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Penta wrote:

Glad I am not alone in that!!!

I have had two brands from TV shopping a while back one Jerome Alexander an other I can't recall the name but along with your complaints I also found anything with acids or oils (salad dressing) and off it came in clumpy yucky globs! I prefer my stains and gloss! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lips to Kiss stains and gloss is nice my lips get very dry and peel, and the gloss really helps.
She (Kandis) says to reapply after eating and drinking to clean lips, but I haven't been religious to her instructions and it still manages to stay on me longer.

As Ive got older, I find lipsticks quite nasty on my lips , they seem to be really drying and not at all moisterising. So I am sticking with the stain /gloss combo for now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
So I picked up the Maybelline superstay 24 in endless ruby yesterday. Mismis, people have been saying that the ingredients used in this are awful but how exactly? what's bad about them? Seems fine to me. i've been wearing it for about 2 hours now and will wear it all night, will report back if anything awful happens. So far I have to say it's really nice, does not feel drying or yucky at all, especially once the gloss is applied. It feels really moisturizing actually.

Also, I like a strong lip and this is VERY pigmented. My lips are so super red right now. Love it. But I'm also going to see if their other colors are more subdued so I can use this for a day at the beach or the library without looking overly made-up. I might not be applying it right, though. I'm not used to wands and maybe applied too much. It took me several times to just get my lipshape right and in the end I just used lipliner and applied the color on top of it. I hope it's not going to come off.

So far I really like it. Thanks for the tip, mismis!!
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
lip stains from ELF - they stay on all day, and don't come off on coffee cups or anything else. i have three of the ones that look like pens. you can add a gloss on top, or just use them as a stain.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Along the lines of lip stains, as I am looking for something similar (either a long lasting lipstick that doesn't start flaking, or a lip stain):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

5% products discount

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Go for Maybeline, i think it will solve your problem
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Why not try PUR MINERAL MAKE-UP (Pure Rocks / Hot Rocks / Hot Lava)? It can be use as a brush and lips too. Apply a little or more depending on preference. Tried it, liked it.

EDS sells this product too.

Penta wrote:
I usually wear a strong lip all day and it gets a little annoying when I want to kiss or smooch my husband. I just really dislike getting my lipstick all over him and I can tell he's not too happy, either. I really don't like my face without lipstick, though.
I picked up this lipstick in Spain that is basically 2 coats - one color and one gloss. It's called Manhattan Lips 2 Last.

http://www.manhattan.de/en/products/lips/product/Productline/details/lips2last/3607340821066/

The concept is excellent but I chose the wrong color (I need stark, cold colors) and am now back in the States and have never come across this brand here.

What's a lipstick you can recommend that doesn't come off when you eat/smooch/kiss?
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lipsense by Senegence has been the best product I've found, stays on all day regardless. First you apply the color on clean, dry lips - the rep that sold it to me said the color contains surgical glue - once the color is dry you apply the gloss, which you'll want to reapply after eating or kissing if your lips get dry. here's more info:

http://www.senegence.com/senegenceweb/publicweb/SeneGence-Products/LipSense-Long-Lasting-Lipstick.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stains, and I really like them. My question is, what happens when I get close to the plastic part, can I use a pencil sharpener to sharpen it? Otherwise it's pretty expensive for less than 1/2 inch of product...
Here's what it looks like:

http://www.target.com/OpenZoomLayer?template=scene7-image&image=Target/14081215_is&&omniZoomPartNumber=14081215&swCellSpacing=10,10&swHighlightThickness=1&swBorderThickness=0&itemTitle=Revlon+Just+Bitten+Kissable+Balm+Stain&omniImageCount=1

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm... never mind... I just did a little googling and apparently it's a retractable crayon, not sure how I haven't figured that out yet. Embarassed

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |