Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Pigment spot gone! [pictures]
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
So - recently when looking through some old photos I suddenly realised I had a pigment spot under one eye (visible in all photos from 2001 to 2006), which suddenly disappeared from all my photos 2007 onwards - and certainly nothing there now when I look in the mirror.

This photo was taken in 2003:

and this in 2009:

Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it! I'm going to hunt through all my old shopping receipts, but at this moment I *think* it was around my TCA peels and copper/emu oil phase. I'm also a consistent Retin-A user, and had been on Roaccutane for acne previously (I think this is why I never noticed this pigment spot, whenever I looked in the mirror, I only saw my chin acne! Which is all gone now.)

I will return to this thread if I can find any purchase receipts - the last time it appeared in a photo was new year 2006/7, and the next batch of photos taken in May 2007, it was absent!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
it must have been painless and easy for you to not even remember! Very nice!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just read on another review of yours that you were digging thru your skincare purchase receipts, OMG I am impressed, I destroy mine, if DH ever found them ....well I'll leave it at that. Shock

lets just say I don't even have them from last month. Laughing
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Karenlee

what a difference that 2nd pic is no more little lines either Very Happy

Tiny, I always get rid of my receipts , if I really knew how much Ive spent, I'D chop my cc up for him(he wouldn't even get a look in). Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Your little pigment spot is gone and your whole eye area looks brighter.

What do you use for an eye cream?

I log my skin care, but I really don't want to know what I spend on skin care, mineral makeup, regular MU, hair care, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Shew, that was hard work trying to track down what I used. I don't keep actual receipts, but I almost always shop online, so I keep all my old emails in an archive folder. Wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find a thing from Jan 2007 to May 2007 - the period when the spot disappeared. I couldn't even find any photos to see if it faded gently over that time period!

Anyway, I did further digging and found an old rave review I did on Makeup Alley around October 2006 for Estee Lauder Recreation day and night creams (at a whopping £600). I would have bought that OTC rather than online, which explains why I had no further shopping receipts! LOL.

Usage would have lasted until January 2007 (spot was still visible). I think, after that, my hubby brought me Prevage when he came back from Singapore, so it is quite possible Prevage that faded the spot.

Autumn, I have never used a separate eye cream, can't be bothered. Honestly, I believe eye creams are a marketing gimmick. I just use whatever I'm using on my face, and the 'after' photo was taken in 2009, at which time I was using Skinceuticals (which I still love).
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations, OP.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I think, after that, my hubby brought me Prevage when he came back from Singapore, so it is quite possible Prevage that faded the spot.

Autumn, I have never used a separate eye cream, can't be bothered. Honestly, I believe eye creams are a marketing gimmick. I just use whatever I'm using on my face, and the 'after' photo was taken in 2009, at which time I was using Skinceuticals (which I still love).

Karenlee, what skincare product(s) are you using on your skin now?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
You look gorgeous, so not to take anything away from the strides you've made, but you don't look to be smiling in the 2nd picture, so it looks like there's the faintest trace of the scar lower down than in the first pic.

I LOVE your laissez-faire approach to keeping track of your products & expenditures!
600 pounds though, oy..

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Karenlee, what skincare product(s) are you using on your skin now?

I am currently using ISCO Lifeline and Reluma. Usually LL at night so I don't go to sleep with a sticky face, and Reluma in the morning.

In the morning, I sometimes use Skinceuticals Phloretine under the Reluma. At night, I sometimes use Retin-A on top of LL. This weekend, I bought EL Global Anti-Ageing cream to put on top of LL as it does not supply enough moisture on its own. (I was planning to buy some Valmont cream, but was given a sample of the EL cream and rather liked it over the LL).

After seeing these pictures, though, I was a bit tempted to give Prevage another go. I did rather like it at the time, but I am very disloyal, as soon as something new comes up, I switch.

I loved the EL Recreation, but at £600 (£300 for day and £300 for night), I got really miffed when they later introduced serums and eye creams. When the creams first hit the shelves, the marketing campaign was big on 'no more serums or eye creams, you only a day and night, which do everything'. They later they say, oh no, you need to pay us MORE money for these extra products. Ha. Their greed lost them a customer.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
You look gorgeous, so not to take anything away from the strides you've made, but you don't look to be smiling in the 2nd picture, so it looks like there's the faintest trace of the scar lower down than in the first pic.

I LOVE your laissez-faire approach to keeping track of your products & expenditures!
600 pounds though, oy..

LoriA, you are right - I was smiling slightly in the first pic, and there is a faint shadow there if you look really hard. In all photos prior to Jan 2007 that mark really stands out though. You can't see it (without blowing the photo up) in any picture from June 2007 onwards.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Karenlee

what a difference that 2nd pic is no more little lines either Very Happy

Sadly, the little lines are always there. When I am unsmiling, they don't look like much, but when I smile my whole face sort of folds up, and if I spend an evening laughing with friends for hours, when I get home the lines are etched down my face Crying or Very sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:

I am currently using ISCO Lifeline and Reluma. Usually LL at night so I don't go to sleep with a sticky face, and Reluma in the morning.

In the morning, I sometimes use Skinceuticals Phloretine under the Reluma. At night, I sometimes use Retin-A on top of LL. This weekend, I bought EL Global Anti-Ageing cream to put on top of LL as it does not supply enough moisture on its own. (I was planning to buy some Valmont cream, but was given a sample of the EL cream and rather liked it over the LL).

After seeing these pictures, though, I was a bit tempted to give Prevage another go. I did rather like it at the time, but I am very disloyal, as soon as something new comes up, I switch.

I loved the EL Recreation, but at £600 (£300 for day and £300 for night), I got really miffed when they later introduced serums and eye creams. When the creams first hit the shelves, the marketing campaign was big on 'no more serums or eye creams, you only a day and night, which do everything'. They later they say, oh no, you need to pay us MORE money for these extra products. Ha. Their greed lost them a customer.

Thanks, Karenlee. I remembered about the Lifeline/Reluma after I asked that question, so sorry about that. I actually was curious if you were tempted to try the Prevage again after seeing that the spot had vanished! I also am disloyal to products (except for EL ANRC). I will have to look into the Global anti-aging cream. I have never heard of that!
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't be too concerned about going back to the Prevage. The key ingredient in that product is idebenone (a synthetic version of CoQ10) and Ubiquinone (another name for CoQ10) is pretty heavily loaded in the Lifeline product, so I think you are getting plenty from Lifeline. Your pictures are very impressive!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Very impressive. Your skin looks younger and fresher in the second picture. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
How did I miss this thread? You look wonderful. Thanks for posting these pictures!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Yup, it's a remarkable change in just 6 months. I'd be scrambling to figure out what I'd been doing differently as well.

And there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with those lines karenlee, they're smile lines and honestly, I think they're lovely on you. I'm not of the opinion that lines are automatically terribly aging or unattractive.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I wouldn't be too concerned about going back to the Prevage. The key ingredient in that product is idebenone (a synthetic version of CoQ10) and Ubiquinone (another name for CoQ10) is pretty heavily loaded in the Lifeline product, so I think you are getting plenty from Lifeline. Your pictures are very impressive!

Panda1, thanks very much for that tidbit!! You just saved me some money, I was seriously considering going to get some Prevage today. I'll keep my money for my next bottle of LifeLine rather!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:52 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Yup, it's a remarkable change in just 6 months. I'd be scrambling to figure out what I'd been doing differently as well.

And there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with those lines karenlee, they're smile lines and honestly, I think they're lovely on you. I'm not of the opinion that lines are automatically terribly aging or unattractive.

LoriA, in general I agree, I've never been that wound up about lines, the issue I'm trying to address is sag. But, having said that, I do hate those 'etched in' lines after a day of laughing. They make my face look very tired (even when I'm not feeling that way). I have just started doing the Ageless face exercises, hoping that I can build some kind of 'bouce-back' into my skin.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to those who have complimented me, that's very kind. However. (There's always an 'however' Laughing )

The first photo was taken with a better quality camera that the second. You can tell by looking at how clear each eyelash is in the first pic. In the second pic, my eyelashes - and the rest of my face - is slightly soft focus due to a poorer quality camera.

Although the spot had disappeared in 6 months, this is not the six-month-after picture. The second photo was taken 6 years after the first, and 10 years after moving to (a very rainy) UK. Thus, the tan I had in pic 1 had completely faded by pic 2, giving the illusion of a clearer complexion.

All I'm saying, the only comparison worth making between the two shots is the absence of the pigment spot under my eye.

Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:35 am      Reply with quote
LOL. I love your honesty, Karenlee. You look like you have great skin in both photos, regardless of either lines or the spot. What I think is a great sign is you saying the photos are 6 years apart and your skin doesn't look like it has aged at all. So, whatever you were and/or are doing, it is working!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Thanks to those who have complimented me, that's very kind. However. (There's always an 'however' Laughing )

The first photo was taken with a better quality camera that the second. You can tell by looking at how clear each eyelash is in the first pic. In the second pic, my eyelashes - and the rest of my face - is slightly soft focus due to a poorer quality camera.

Although the spot had disappeared in 6 months, this is not the six-month-after picture. The second photo was taken 6 years after the first, and 10 years after moving to (a very rainy) UK. Thus, the tan I had in pic 1 had completely faded by pic 2, giving the illusion of a clearer complexion.

All I'm saying, the only comparison worth making between the two shots is the absence of the pigment spot under my eye.

Very Happy

Shhhhh...you are not supposed to point those things out, Ms. Honest! Very Happy

And I totally agree with Rileygirl; softer-focus camera or not...you look wonderful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Agree...if you hadn't posted the dates I would think the second picture was the oldest!
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Karen just lovely! Your eye area is my inspiration...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I enjoyed your 2 pictures. I think you look 10years younger. If you happen to remember, don't forget to share with us here as we are all anxious to hear all about it! Smile

karenlee wrote:
So - recently when looking through some old photos I suddenly realised I had a pigment spot under one eye (visible in all photos from 2001 to 2006), which suddenly disappeared from all my photos 2007 onwards - and certainly nothing there now when I look in the mirror.

This photo was taken in 2003:

and this in 2009:

Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did to get rid of it! I'm going to hunt through all my old shopping receipts, but at this moment I *think* it was around my TCA peels and copper/emu oil phase. I'm also a consistent Retin-A user, and had been on Roaccutane for acne previously (I think this is why I never noticed this pigment spot, whenever I looked in the mirror, I only saw my chin acne! Which is all gone now.)

I will return to this thread if I can find any purchase receipts - the last time it appeared in a photo was new year 2006/7, and the next batch of photos taken in May 2007, it was absent!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |