Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I heard Turmeric is good as a face mask and...?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 am      Reply with quote
to fade marks and make skin smooth and soft but I'm a bit concerned about turmeric as a hair removal as well, I'm afraid that my hair around my hair line will eventually fall if I keep using it regularly as a face mask?

Could someone please clear this?

I'm a bit afraid because of that.

Thank You!
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard of this! Off to research.....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I can't imagine anything in turmeric would actual remove hair. I need to look into this, too.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I did a search on Makeup Alley. Some people use turmeric as a face mask (mixed in with various kitchen products - yogurt,etc.)

link to search

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID=7&brandname=Unlisted+Brand&Brand=999&title=turmeric&submit=Find+Products

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Girls, I searched on google and I found it can be used as a hair removal. Not sure how potent can be or if it only have that property when mixed with other ingredients.

I like the turmeric mask, I mix it with castor oil, leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then remove with a hot/warm wash cloth but I'm really concerned about that second effect, IF there's one and if it's really true, I don't want to keep applying it every other day and eventually find that my edges are no longer growing! lol! Still nervous though...
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
turmeric is quite fragrant. Do you think that it could irritate your skin?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I like the smell, and doubt that there's much risk of irritation, just staining!

And as far as hair removal, I bet that's part of an old wives tale. Turmeric is one of those age old beauty recipes handed down over generations which people don't question or test, they just say "its good" like its common knowledge. With things like that they usually go on about it correcting every beauty problem under the sun, half of which makes no sense whatsoever.
But how can it correct a big nose, gramma?

While it might make for a nice soothing, maybe brightening mask, and is probably good for acne, scars, wounds, etc I doubt its able to remove hair.
It seems to be big in south asian communities, where with darker skintones, the orangey colour is less noticeable, and helps to create that brightening effect.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Why do some fragrant ingredients irritate skin while others don't?

I've always been wary of fragrant ingredients because of the fear of irritation.
morocha
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Why do some fragrant ingredients irritate skin while others don't?

I've always been wary of fragrant ingredients because of the fear of irritation.

Maybe because of the strong and harsh components.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't sure where to put this (and the search is still acting a bit strange) so I just grabbed the nearest turmeric thread.

I wanted to try using a face scrub again, and my cousin suggested I use a 50/50 mix of turmeric and ginger. She mixes it with grapeseed oil and uses it as a scrub in the mornings. So I tried it with a few drops of my ocm and it works like a charm.

I was initially worried that the ginger would be irritating, but no negative effects yet. Turmeric is 2-8% actives by dry weight and it's being investigated as antiglycation so I'm hopeful it will help a bit in the long term. I'm still doing research on the ginger, but I know ginger extracts are good for wrinkles. The first batch I made was straight herbs. The one I'm using now is mostly ginger/turmeric with a tiny bit of salicylic acid and edta. If you use a toner afterwards it will come back yellow, for obvious reasons. You can leave it on as a mask but keep it away from your hairline.

Just trying to throw out ideas in case it helps anybody else out.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Oh good ol' turmeric! Very Happy Do I remember you!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43735
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
You are probably better off sprinkling it on your eggs or fish because it is an anti-inflammatory and very good for the heart. They also sell capsules. I just buy mine at the Indian store since I use it in cooking. It is commonly used in curries and give them that yellow orange color.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Nonie aka AD wrote:

Oh, Nonie, how funny!!! After reading that, I tried a turmeric scrub (opened a capsule and put it in my Trader Joe's Lavender salt scrub) but not on my face. It turned out that I did not get all the yellow off, but could not tell until several hours later.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 am      Reply with quote
MarieIG wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:

Oh, Nonie, how funny!!! After reading that, I tried a turmeric scrub (opened a capsule and put it in my Trader Joe's Lavender salt scrub) but not on my face. It turned out that I did not get all the yellow off, but could not tell until several hours later.

Haha Laughing you know MarielG I was tickled to bits to learn you too were oblivious to looking like a carrot. Laughing I am just mad this wasn't on your face. Why must I be alone in this? Neutral

Oh but wait... I am not alone after all: I see CarolineP's oh-so-kind/polite hubby told her she looked tanned. Laughing Laughing Laughing Love it!
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I tried a a turmeric facial with ground oats and almond milk. It was amazing. My skin felt really great afterwards.

No discoloration on my face... but my white basin is a bright yellow.

I'll have to pick up some bleach later today Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |