Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Brightwell beauty camera
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking for a way to more scientifically track my progress with different products I am using. Below is some information on a gadget I thought might help me. I would be interested in anyone's opinion on this camera. I know there are machines at the doctors that can give you a skin baseline to go by but I'm more interested in being able to track my progress at home. Also I am not very good with a computer or camera so does anyone think I would have a problem using this machine/software.
I am a little concerned because I couldn't find any reviews on this machine online but it is pretty cheap so if it wasn't to hard to operate I would be willing to give it a try. I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness. Thanks for any help.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skin-Analyzer-Skin-Scanner-Skin-Diagnosis-Camera-USB-/130648649450?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1e6b442eea#ht_2611wt_802

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyWmQPR4U4


http://www.brightwell.com.tw/product_detail.php?tb=0&lang=eng&id=84

http://www.homeworldbusiness.com/links/news/news.php?ID=19036

http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/brightwell/products-detail/en_US/618856/skin_care,_beauty_skin_care,_hair_care_products,_home_care_camera,_
hair_camera,_facial_analysis,_final_camera/

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3438
Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any opinion on the camera but wanted to say, what a great idea! Smile I'll be interested to hear what others have to say also...
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 1312
Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness.


Very interesting, CookieD! What does the device measure (quantify)? From looking at the pages, it looks like it is a high magnification camera, but I couldn't tell: does it do more than that? Because I got the impression that it gives you a subjective impression of the things you mentioned above via magnification, but that it does not measure them.

_________________
34 y.o. FlexEffect and massage. Love experimenting with DIY and botanical skin care products. Appreciate both hard science and natural approaches. Eat green smoothies + lots of raw fruit and veggies.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
CookieD wrote:
I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness.


Very interesting, CookieD! What does the device measure (quantify)? From looking at the pages, it looks like it is a high magnification camera, but I couldn't tell: does it do more than that? Because I got the impression that it gives you a subjective impression of the things you mentioned above via magnification, but that it does not measure them.


Hi CM, if you look at the YouTube video it looks like there is some software that comes with it that measures and tracks all the items on the left side of the screen(skin color,pigmentation,grease, pore density/size and skin flatness) There is a scale on the right side of the video with a rating number and a high/low rating scale. Also a summary page later in the video that can be kept and exported to word where you could keep track of your progress or lack of. It also looks like it can keep a high definition photographic record of skin changes.

The video is kind of confusing and I'm not sure how to "read" the summary report but it does look like it can capture your skin information and track it over a period of time. To me it looks like it maybe more accurate then the guessing I'm trying to do. I did find another product made by kc technology under www.kcscopes.com it looks more expensive but I was not able to find a price.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 1312
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
CookieD wrote:
I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness.


Very interesting, CookieD! What does the device measure (quantify)? From looking at the pages, it looks like it is a high magnification camera, but I couldn't tell: does it do more than that? Because I got the impression that it gives you a subjective impression of the things you mentioned above via magnification, but that it does not measure them.


Hi CM, if you look at the YouTube video it looks like there is some software that comes with it that measures and tracks all the items on the left side of the screen(skin color,pigmentation,grease, pore density/size and skin flatness) There is a scale on the right side of the video with a rating number and a high/low rating scale. Also a summary page later in the video that can be kept and exported to word where you could keep track of your progress or lack of. It also looks like it can keep a high definition photographic record of skin changes.

The video is kind of confusing and I'm not sure how to "read" the summary report but it does look like it can capture your skin information and track it over a period of time. To me it looks like it maybe more accurate then the guessing I'm trying to do. I did find another product made by kc technology under www.kcscopes.com it looks more expensive but I was not able to find a price.


Ah, I didn't look at the video (husband was still sleeping so I didn't want to wake him up). Very interesting. So it does measure and rate these things. I, too, am curious how accurate it is. Let me know if you decide to buy it, CookieD Smile

_________________
34 y.o. FlexEffect and massage. Love experimenting with DIY and botanical skin care products. Appreciate both hard science and natural approaches. Eat green smoothies + lots of raw fruit and veggies.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Will do CM. It would be nice if I could find some reviews but since it isn't that expensive I might buy it anyway and see. If it could tell me that a $20 serum works as good as a $200 serum it would be well worth it.
Hope someone chimes in who might have seen or used it before.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Maybe this should be a mandatory purchase for everyone at EDS!!

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Maybe this should be a mandatory purchase for everyone at EDS!!

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.


Yes, we should negotiate a bulk buying discount and equip everyone with one of these! Laughing

It really would come in useful for those products where your skin just looks somehow better but you can't quite put your finger on the change. At least, this might allow some degree of measurement of the changes and prove to the user that the subtle good effects they are seeing are not just wishful thinking.

As you say, the price is actually pretty inexpensive. I thought it would cost more than that.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 3396
Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Maybe this should be a mandatory purchase for everyone at EDS!!

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.


Yes, we should negotiate a bulk buying discount and equip everyone with one of these! Laughing

It really would come in useful for those products where your skin just looks somehow better but you can't quite put your finger on the change. At least, this might allow some degree of measurement of the changes and prove to the user that the subtle good effects they are seeing are not just wishful thinking - or otherwise.

As you say, the price is actually pretty inexpensive. I thought it would cost more than that.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Maybe this should be a mandatory purchase for everyone at EDS!!

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.


There are skin scopes that measure collagen and elasticy but they are a least $350 dollars and I haven't been able to actually see the software in action(like a YouTube video etc). So I not real comfortable in knowing exactly what they are capable of. Here is a link. You can look at it and see what you think. This particular model can come with an eye,skin or hair scope. It says it does 3D skin images which is kind of cool. It is a lot more expensive though.



http://www.iridology-camera.com/sdp/556049/4/pd-2886912/9961747-1549608/NEW_5_0_MP_High_Resolution_USB_Skin_Scope_Analysis.html

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 771
Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
If we did a bulk buy on this more inexpensive one, I'd definitely be in!

I'd like to see at least a couple of reliable reviews first though. It seems too good to be true for such a low price.

_________________
Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 1312
Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
It seems too good to be true for such a low price.


That was my reaction, too. That's why I thought that it did more of a subjective assessment of skin, because I haven't seen anything yet that quantifies multiple measures of skin health in that price range. Even my scalar moisture checker (measures only skin hydration) cost over $100 and that was deeply on sale.

_________________
34 y.o. FlexEffect and massage. Love experimenting with DIY and botanical skin care products. Appreciate both hard science and natural approaches. Eat green smoothies + lots of raw fruit and veggies.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - did you end up buying this?

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Jun 2011
Posts: 1362
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Cookie - did you end up buying this?


No, I kind of forgot about it.

_________________
Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz)