Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brightwell beauty camera
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been looking for a way to more scientifically track my progress with different products I am using. Below is some information on a gadget I thought might help me. I would be interested in anyone's opinion on this camera. I know there are machines at the doctors that can give you a skin baseline to go by but I'm more interested in being able to track my progress at home. Also I am not very good with a computer or camera so does anyone think I would have a problem using this machine/software.
I am a little concerned because I couldn't find any reviews on this machine online but it is pretty cheap so if it wasn't to hard to operate I would be willing to give it a try. I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness. Thanks for any help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skin-Analyzer-Skin-Scanner-Skin-Diagnosis-Camera-USB-/130648649450?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item1e6b442eea#ht_2611wt_802
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxyWmQPR4U4

http://www.brightwell.com.tw/product_detail.php?tb=0&lang=eng&id=84

http://www.homeworldbusiness.com/links/news/news.php?ID=19036

http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/brightwell/products-detail/en_US/618856/skin_care,_beauty_skin_care,_hair_care_products,_home_care_camera,_
hair_camera,_facial_analysis,_final_camera/

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any opinion on the camera but wanted to say, what a great idea! Smile I'll be interested to hear what others have to say also...
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness.

Very interesting, CookieD! What does the device measure (quantify)? From looking at the pages, it looks like it is a high magnification camera, but I couldn't tell: does it do more than that? Because I got the impression that it gives you a subjective impression of the things you mentioned above via magnification, but that it does not measure them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
CookieD wrote:
I like that it looks like it measure pore size/density, pigmentation, keratin and skin flatness.

Very interesting, CookieD! What does the device measure (quantify)? From looking at the pages, it looks like it is a high magnification camera, but I couldn't tell: does it do more than that? Because I got the impression that it gives you a subjective impression of the things you mentioned above via magnification, but that it does not measure them.

Hi CM, if you look at the YouTube video it looks like there is some software that comes with it that measures and tracks all the items on the left side of the screen(skin color,pigmentation,grease, pore density/size and skin flatness) There is a scale on the right side of the video with a rating number and a high/low rating scale. Also a summary page later in the video that can be kept and exported to word where you could keep track of your progress or lack of. It also looks like it can keep a high definition photographic record of skin changes.

The video is kind of confusing and I'm not sure how to "read" the summary report but it does look like it can capture your skin information and track it over a period of time. To me it looks like it maybe more accurate then the guessing I'm trying to do. I did find another product made by kc technology underwww.kcscopes.com it looks more expensive but I was not able to find a price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Hi CM, if you look at the YouTube video it looks like there is some software that comes with it that measures and tracks all the items on the left side of the screen(skin color,pigmentation,grease, pore density/size and skin flatness) There is a scale on the right side of the video with a rating number and a high/low rating scale. Also a summary page later in the video that can be kept and exported to word where you could keep track of your progress or lack of. It also looks like it can keep a high definition photographic record of skin changes.

The video is kind of confusing and I'm not sure how to "read" the summary report but it does look like it can capture your skin information and track it over a period of time. To me it looks like it maybe more accurate then the guessing I'm trying to do. I did find another product made by kc technology underwww.kcscopes.com it looks more expensive but I was not able to find a price.

Ah, I didn't look at the video (husband was still sleeping so I didn't want to wake him up). Very interesting. So it does measure and rate these things. I, too, am curious how accurate it is. Let me know if you decide to buy it, CookieD Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Will do CM. It would be nice if I could find some reviews but since it isn't that expensive I might buy it anyway and see. If it could tell me that a $20 serum works as good as a $200 serum it would be well worth it.
Hope someone chimes in who might have seen or used it before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Maybe this should be a mandatory purchase for everyone at EDS!!

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

The only thing is, it seems to just give an analysis of the surface of the skin - so it's not measuring collagen and elastin. But it's so cheap it's probably worth getting. Maybe it would help figure out if something is actually making a difference to the skin.

Yes, we should negotiate a bulk buying discount and equip everyone with one of these! Laughing

It really would come in useful for those products where your skin just looks somehow better but you can't quite put your finger on the change. At least, this might allow some degree of measurement of the changes and prove to the user that the subtle good effects they are seeing are not just wishful thinking.

As you say, the price is actually pretty inexpensive. I thought it would cost more than that.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Yes, we should negotiate a bulk buying discount and equip everyone with one of these! Laughing

It really would come in useful for those products where your skin just looks somehow better but you can't quite put your finger on the change. At least, this might allow some degree of measurement of the changes and prove to the user that the subtle good effects they are seeing are not just wishful thinking - or otherwise.

As you say, the price is actually pretty inexpensive. I thought it would cost more than that.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

There are skin scopes that measure collagen and elasticy but they are a least $350 dollars and I haven't been able to actually see the software in action(like a YouTube video etc). So I not real comfortable in knowing exactly what they are capable of. Here is a link. You can look at it and see what you think. This particular model can come with an eye,skin or hair scope. It says it does 3D skin images which is kind of cool. It is a lot more expensive though.

http://www.iridology-camera.com/sdp/556049/4/pd-2886912/9961747-1549608/NEW_5_0_MP_High_Resolution_USB_Skin_Scope_Analysis.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
If we did a bulk buy on this more inexpensive one, I'd definitely be in!

I'd like to see at least a couple of reliable reviews first though. It seems too good to be true for such a low price.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
It seems too good to be true for such a low price.

That was my reaction, too. That's why I thought that it did more of a subjective assessment of skin, because I haven't seen anything yet that quantifies multiple measures of skin health in that price range. Even my scalar moisture checker (measures only skin hydration) cost over $100 and that was deeply on sale.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - did you end up buying this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Cookie - did you end up buying this?

No, I kind of forgot about it.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |