Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

clarisonic Mia or Mia2?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luckylady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my clarisonic pro for year and absolutely loved it, but it has now died on me. Unfortunately, clarisonic doesn't make their machines battery replaceable, so my only option is to buy a new one. I'm reluctant to spend another $200 + on a pro so was thinking of buying either a Mia or Mia 2.

When using my pro, I often used speed 4. I know that Mia has one speed and Mia 2 has two speeds, but I was wondering if anyone new what speeds they were compared to the Pro?
dermamuse

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm a licensed profesionaln esthetician and sell the Clarisonics Pro model. If you have a Pro model and only have had it for one year, it should still be under warranty. I think the Pro model has at least a 2 year warranty. Have you tried contacting Clarisonic directly? I have found that they are w wonderful company to deal with and truly stand behind their products.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
sfong wrote:
Can someone give me comments on Clarisonic mia and mia 2?
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
They have great customer service and should UPS a new one to you within a day of you calling.

The Pro has a 3 year warranty.

The Mia 2 has 2 speeds, 1 year warranty, a pause to tell you to move. The Mia doesn't pause and has only 1 speed.

The newest one retails for $199, has a super cool charger, 3 speeds, and an easy to use speed/time adjuster. The name is either Airel or something like that. I believe they just launched it on Thursday.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have the clarisonic mia 2 and it works great, but like everyone else already said you should get a replacement for your pro since it's still under warranty.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
What do you think of Clarisonic Pro model, as compared to Mia1 or Mia2? I am aiming at buying a Clarisonic but have not made up my mind yet which one. Any feedback from our forum members? I know they are all good, but which one? There are so many to choose from and I am very confused right now....

dermamuse wrote:
Hello,
I'm a licensed profesionaln esthetician and sell the Clarisonics Pro model. If you have a Pro model and only have had it for one year, it should still be under warranty. I think the Pro model has at least a 2 year warranty. Have you tried contacting Clarisonic directly? I have found that they are w wonderful company to deal with and truly stand behind their products.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on how you like to use yours. The Pro is now only available in the Face and Body kit and retails for $225 so that might make your decision easier! This comes with the body brush and the long handle for doing your back. It still has the 4 speeds plus 2 for the body brush.

The Mia and Mia 2 can't use the body brush. Only you know if that matters to you.

By price:
Pro F&B $225, 4 speeds + 2 body speeds
Aria $199, 3 speeds, no body brush allowed
Mia 2 $149, 2 speeds, no body brush allowed
Mia (not sure since my spa doesn't sell it)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi LauraLizzie Smile Comparing different models, in your own experience, what is the maximum speed you use for the face (or body)? Is it necessary to go to a higher speed so it cleans better? Or it does not matter?

LauraLizzie wrote:
It depends on how you like to use yours. The Pro is now only available in the Face and Body kit and retails for $225 so that might make your decision easier! This comes with the body brush and the long handle for doing your back. It still has the 4 speeds plus 2 for the body brush.

The Mia and Mia 2 can't use the body brush. Only you know if that matters to you.

By price:
Pro F&B $225, 4 speeds + 2 body speeds
Aria $199, 3 speeds, no body brush allowed
Mia 2 $149, 2 speeds, no body brush allowed
Mia (not sure since my spa doesn't sell it)
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I am an esthetician so I am always tweaking things! I rarely use the "pro" (4th) speed on my face because I use a glycolic cleanser and if I mix the two, it is a little too much. Speeds 1-3 are enough for me. But if I used a basic cleanser like Cerave, my skin could handle the 4th speed.

I don't use the body brush too often because it takes me 4-5 mins to do the whole body and I don't have that kind of time in the shower very often. The 2 body speeds are normal and pulsing. If I didn't have kids, 3 dogs and a full time job I would have a better exfoliated body!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello LauraLizzie Smile In your own expert advice, how does it feel on the face for 2nd or 3rd speed? Do you like the 3rd speed better, or it does not matter? I'm sorry for asking all these questions to you. I am deciding right now which one to get. Thanks Smile

LauraLizzie wrote:
I am an esthetician so I am always tweaking things! I rarely use the "pro" (4th) speed on my face because I use a glycolic cleanser and if I mix the two, it is a little too much. Speeds 1-3 are enough for me. But if I used a basic cleanser like Cerave, my skin could handle the 4th speed.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
After your questions this morning, I used mine on the 4th speed and it was fantastic! I feel extra smooth and silky.

I don't think I would ever get one with just one speed. So I would say anything 3 or higher would be best. If you can find a Pro unit (just face) for $199, I would get it, but if you can't find one, an Aria ($199) would be just as good if you don't plan to use it on the body.

Unless you decide, $199 and $225 are just too darn close to make a big deal about!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello there LauraLizzie Smile This is what I like about this forum, you get unbiaised opinion from people using it.... I know now what to get for Christmas! Thanks a lot Smile Smile Smile

LauraLizzie wrote:
After your questions this morning, I used mine on the 4th speed and it was fantastic! I feel extra smooth and silky.

I don't think I would ever get one with just one speed. So I would say anything 3 or higher would be best. If you can find a Pro unit (just face) for $199, I would get it, but if you can't find one, an Aria ($199) would be just as good if you don't plan to use it on the body.

Unless you decide, $199 and $225 are just too darn close to make a big deal about!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of the Clarisonic! Plus I love to help other people shop. Smile Enjoy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Clarisonic that I am thinking of buying is not cheap, but I think it would be worth the investment in the long term. One of the things I read is that after Clarisonic usage, the skin-care products penetrate better, is it not?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |