Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How to do a Kim Kardashian contoured face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hussar01
5% products discount

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
It's how to do a Kim Kardashian contoured face by a professional make up artist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBLHE0ME-GA&feature=youtu.be
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Interesting.

What fascinates me is the vast assortment of brushes, which make up artists use.
carolb
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Huda beauty does a lot of Kim Kardashian looks. She actually kind of looks like her which makes it a little easier! She is on You Tube and has a lot of good makeup videos.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, thats an amazing video. I thought I watched all the videos of that guy, but I missed that one somehow. I would never be able to repeat that. the blending is super professional
Elloitty

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
carolb wrote:
Huda beauty does a lot of Kim Kardashian looks. She actually kind of looks like her which makes it a little easier! She is on You Tube and has a lot of good makeup videos.
thanks, I love maek up videos, never saw any of Huda beauty. She's great
shoeaholic

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
hussar01 wrote:
It's how to do a Kim Kardashian contoured face by a professional make up artist

Thanks so much for posting that! So much fun what you can learn online these days.
hussar01
5% products discount

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks !!
I looked up the Huda videos as well, what a discovery make up video's are for me.
In another Goss video, he says that kind of make up is really only for a young pale flawless skin but for a make up aficionado like me it's still good to see. (He says darker skin needs only highligher, not contour)
I also loved Goss make up artist's magic line video about where to put highlighter and blusher on your face ( ie don't smile and put it on the apples of your cheeks as they droop when you're not smiling, drawing unwanted attention to your nasolabial folds). He explains that the magic line is to put highlighter only on the outer part of your cheekbone from the edge of your eye towards your hairline, and to make an eyebrow sandwich ( my words) of highlighter, ie put highligher below and ABOVE your eyebrows to make them stand out, structurally, adding to a more contoured look. It really works but needs to be well blended in so it's not glaringly obvious. What a discovery make up video's on youtube have been for me. The first night I was up till 5am going through them. I like his best. Another tip he gives is using cream foundation (he recommends Make Up Forever, Kett - and Mudd for darker skins)and buffing it into skin with a big brush. Apparently it gives a better look than liquid foundation. Who knew? I'd always thought that liquid was less heavy-looking, but he says you get a wider range of coverage with a cream foundation as it can be used more thickly where there are marks on the skin. Love it. In another video he says put a layer of mascara on an eyelash comb (just wipe the mascara brush over the top of the comb) and comb the eyelashes with it, it gives the best look. I could go on and on.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I saw all the GOSS videos and some are great and some are not. Most importantly, I got a few tips from GOSS too which I am happy about. I still look-up some GOSS videos because they are entertaining and have some tips to try....

I don't know what is the fuss about Kim Kardarshian. She is not even beautiful and had a lot of plastic surgery (sorry about my words here but this is the honest truth). A beautiful woman don't need tons of makeup, no surgery and is happy with herself inside and out.

There are a lot of videos on YOUTUBE that I also enjoyed. It is Michelle Pham's videos...
Look it up!

hussar01 wrote:
Thanks !!
I looked up the Huda videos as well, what a discovery make up video's are for me.
In another Goss video, he says that kind of make up is really only for a young pale flawless skin but for a make up aficionado like me it's still good to see. (He says darker skin needs only highligher, not contour)
I also loved Goss make up artist's magic line video about where to put highlighter and blusher on your face ( ie don't smile and put it on the apples of your cheeks as they droop when you're not smiling, drawing unwanted attention to your nasolabial folds). He explains that the magic line is to put highlighter only on the outer part of your cheekbone from the edge of your eye towards your hairline, and to make an eyebrow sandwich ( my words) of highlighter, ie put highligher below and ABOVE your eyebrows to make them stand out, structurally, adding to a more contoured look. It really works but needs to be well blended in so it's not glaringly obvious. What a discovery make up video's on youtube have been for me. The first night I was up till 5am going through them. I like his best. Another tip he gives is using cream foundation (he recommends Make Up Forever, Kett - and Mudd for darker skins)and buffing it into skin with a big brush. Apparently it gives a better look than liquid foundation. Who knew? I'd always thought that liquid was less heavy-looking, but he says you get a wider range of coverage with a cream foundation as it can be used more thickly where there are marks on the skin. Love it. In another video he says put a layer of mascara on an eyelash comb (just wipe the mascara brush over the top of the comb) and comb the eyelashes with it, it gives the best look. I could go on and on.
hussar01
5% products discount

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jade-123
yep Kim K isn't all that, pretty yes, stunning natural beauty - well I've seen better. The make up tutorial caught my eye as it was the first time I found one! bit late to the party.
I'll check out your find as well. In another life I'd love to have been a make up artist.
coco22

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of Kim K's public exploits, but I must say she or her makeup artist can work wonders to cover her wrinkles... She's 31 so I'm sure her skin can't look like porcelain.

I noticed she uses NARS products quite often which just so happen to be my favorite brand too! Smile

Does anyone know of any organic makeup products that are similar to NARS?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
You can get the same effect as Kim's makeup if you cover your whole head in wax.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been watching him every day. Thank you so much, hussar01! I love this guy!

I like the videos where he uses himself as the model. It makes it easy to learn how to apply makeup on yourself, by seeing someone else apply to their own face. I just woke up, hope that makes sense.

The mascara video was the best! I have a wire eyelash comb and waterproof black eyeliner in my Amazon shopping cart as we speak! In another video he has a tip for applying mascara on lower lashes - use one of those dental brush/picks that they sell for people with braces. My lower lashes have gotten very skimpy and hard to do with a regular mascara brush, so this idea was genius to me!

5% products discount

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
You can get the same effect as Kim's makeup if you cover your whole head in wax.

Lol, nice.\
dainaleeo2

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Geeze! So much make up! Or it seems like it anyway. I just watched the video & now I know how they get that amazing contoured look (celebrities in general), but...dang. Couldn't even imagine having to do that every day. Doesn't Kim K always have her face done up like that? Like...on a day to day basis? Sheesh.
Sadly, I don't think my face could handle all of this make up without looking like I was punched in the face with flour. I would look like a clown. I don't think my face can handle a lot of make up that well. Shucks. I'd like to try it, but eh. I'd be kind of worried to touch anything & fear half of my face would come off :\
Very cool, though. Very interesting!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 am      Reply with quote
hussar01: Would love to be a make-up artist too Smile LOL There is one muslim girl on Youtube who has beautiful exotic eyes and do excellent smokey eyes. She does it like a pro better than anybody else on Youtube. Can't remember her name. She only shows her eyes and no other portion of her face and she wears a black abaya.... Check that out too.

dainaleo2: If Kim Kadarshian did not have tons of makeup or dolled-up, you will not notice her on the streets at all.

I enjoyed Goss's maskara videos too because he showed how to apply it properly and how to make it stand out. Now with thicker and longer lashes (thanks to Rapidlash), my lashes are better with maskara (thanks to Goss's tips) and it really made it stand out Smile

Immacolata wrote:

The mascara video was the best!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:12 am      Reply with quote
hussar01: now I remembered that muslim girl. It is EyezOnUMakeup. Check her out!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
As a makeup artist, I would only wear that kind of look when wanting a "no makeup" look". It takes a long time to do, even by a professional and a series of light to dark foundations, powders and concealers. Kim wears lots of makeup in several layers and eyelashes extensions on upper and lower eyelashes! I don't know how she sleeps at night lol!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I did not realize till I saw the GOSS make-up video that it is too much make-up and too much contouring needed to do a Kadashian look. But she does look "natural" with that heavy make-up, except the fake eyelashes. She won't be looking like Kim Kadashian without those fake eyelashes for sure Smile
hussar01
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bugaboo

That much work to do her face?? The rich certainly live differently from us, but if it's any consolation watching their show tells us that emotional maturity has to be earnt by every one of us regardless of glam lifestyles
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |