Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tua Trend Microcurrent
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
shorney100
5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have noticed that some people have been comparing the Tua Trend to Nuface Trinity. I was getting concerned as I use the Tua Trend and didn't want to see any long term damage with a reduction in ATP. I emailed Tina's company for clarification and it turns out that we are not comparing like with like here. I will past her email reply:

"It is of course only natural to be concerned about the details you read about in the article you provided.

I can assure you that Tua Tre'nd is very safe to use. Microcurrent technology has been used in hospitals for many years, especially to help patients with Bells Palsy (facial muscle collapse).

Mostly in these reports they refer to continuous current (sometimes bi-directional) supplied continuously and the values are generally always around 500 microAmperes.

It creates a muscular contraction and any higher value is not recommended. EMS equipment has to contract the muscular fibres through impulse currents, it means that the current supplied is through a wave train, meaning pulses separated by pauses. The value of Tua Trend is max 60 milliAmpere, it is a peak value and is only on the pulse, it is not continuous. The resultant RMS current, calculated on a period of time, is a low value and will not deplete ATP levels.

So you would be right in saying that a higher value of current (more than 500 micro Amp) is not recommended, however there is a difference between the two treatments, microcurrents and EMS currents. This could be likened to that of a Tens machine which Tua Tre'nd is not.

The workouts with Tua Tre'nd are also short being 2 minutes per zone. Also bear in mind that these type of treatments have been used in salons and hospitals for over 40 years. If it was evident that the facial muscles became worse there would be much backlash in relation to these facial devices.

As mentioned Tua Tre'nd current is only 60mA which is much lower than micro-current salon treatment machines and is designed for everyday home use.

In addition Tua Tre'nd has been developed with leading clinical dermatologist, Dr. Andrea Paolorosso and has been approved by many governing bodies to further support its safe use.

Tua Tre’nd bears the CE mark and the German TUV GS quality mark. The product has also passed the thorough and strict QVC Quality Assurance testing.

The Tua Tre’nd complies with the following EC Directives:

RoHS 2002/95/EEC
EMC 89/336/EEC
LVD 2006/95/EEC

Tua Tre’nd has been designed and manufactured in conformity with the requirements of the company quality system certified according to UNI EN ISO 9001:2000 and UNI EN ISO 13485:2004 standards.

When muscle tissue is contracted and released it is exercised and this increases its tone. It cannot "atrophy" as a result no more than your body muscles can when you exercise them.

When muscles are not used they atrophy which could be a concern for continuous Botox users for instance."

I have both the Tua Trend and Tua Spa which also has a microcurrent programme which I can only assume is similar to the Nuface (it doesn't contract the muscles) and I've had great results using both. I'm just pleased I'm not causing any long term damage
MarthaB
5% products discount

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Shorney100-
Thank you for your detailed review and information. I've been thinking about getting one of the microcurrent devices and there are so many out there. Sounds like you are happy with your Tua.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Yes, very happy. I used to have the Tua Viso but never really got on with it. I have been using the Tua Trend with two wands so the time is cut right down (makes it very quick to do) and can easily catch up on some of my fav tv shows whilst I do it. I haven't taken any before or afters and am in the process of trying to lose about 100lbs so am not sure if the improvement is from weight loss or the gadget. But my face is more lifted and if I can keep it that way during the weight loss I'll be very happy. Smile
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:52 am      Reply with quote
[quoteMostly in these reports they refer to continuous current (sometimes bi-directional) supplied continuously and the values are generally always around 500 microAmperes.

It creates a muscular contraction and any higher value is not recommended. EMS equipment has to contract the muscular fibres through impulse currents, it means that the current supplied is through a wave train, meaning pulses separated by pauses. The value of Tua Trend is max 60 milliAmpere, it is a peak value and is only on the pulse, it is not continuous. The resultant RMS current, calculated on a period of time, is a low value and will not deplete ATP levels.

So you would be right in saying that a higher value of current (more than 500 micro Amp) is not recommended, however there is a difference between the two treatments, microcurrents and EMS currents. This could be likened to that of a Tens machine which Tua Tre'nd is not.
[/quote]

can anyone who knows about micro currents explain this - I'm very confused I'm not really sure what its saying. I also received an email today saying that the Tua Trend increases collagen and elastin which I thought only true microcurrent did.

Thanks

don't really know how to quote but its from the above post!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |