Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Strech Mark Help Please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zee

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone! This is my first post. I'm very embarrassed about my stretch marks. I have some old ones on my breasts and sides from a growth spurt when I was in my teens. They are the silver/white color now but I've never worn any type of revealing clothes because of them. I am getting married in June and we will be in Costa Rica and I would really love to actually wear a bikini! I also have a few new red ones that showed up out of nowhere and I am very upset about it.

I only searched a little through the threads here so if there is already one that I haven't seen, I apologize. Embarassed A few months ago, I gained a few pounds but I have since lost it and I'm afraid this is where the new ones came from. Please help, I have no idea what works and what doesn't. Sad
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Zoe,

From what I know most products that claim to get rid of strech marks dont really do anything other than make them smoother to the touch but they do not remove them.
As far as I know, the only thing that WILL remove them is Laser treatments at a dermatologist office.

I wonder if anyone know about sopmething that might work other than Laser Wink

HTH & Good Luck!
Aga
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can definitely recommend to you NOT wasting your money on a product called Mederma. I had several people, including dermatologists, recommend this to me for some slight white-ish stretch marks on my hips from a teenage growth spurt, too, and it did nothing except make my skin silky soft. Other friends of mine have had the same experience, too. I REEEEEALLY wanted it to work since it's the main product out there for this in the mainstream market, but alas... ~sigh~

Unfortunately, now I know how to prevent them, but I don't know what to do after the fact. Confused Best of luck to you!! I'm eager to see what kinds of suggestions surface.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi zee, welcome to the forum wave

Dont be embarrassed about your stretch marks, we all have things we arent happy about. Im not sure but I was under the impression that Decleors Tonilastil was good for stratch marks, though Im not sure if it supposed to be applied prior to getting them, or during the period of growth if you know what I mean. its worth checking out. StriVectin SD is also labelled as helping to erase stretch marks. There are a few threads on the StriVectin already on this site. Im not knowledgeable about it so I cant really say. Check it out in the Spa Shop. You never know, I hope this will help you Wink
zee

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, guys. I read through some of the StriVectin SD threads, seems like mixed results. Thank you for the suggestions. I would just really like to not be so self consious. I mean, I don't have pregnancy to blame, I'm not heavy, and I'm only 23! Mad Sad I will look into Decleors Tonilastil. Wink Hopefully I can find something to at least help them.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I didnt realise how expensive it was for the StriVectin. It wold definately have to work before I could afford to purchase that.......

If you arent heavy maybe you should see you GP. He may be able to explain why you have them and give you a prescription for something.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I'd start using cocoa butter on them, I've heard that it helps them heal faster and prevents new ones. I also heard once about retin-a being good for them.

A great fix for disguising them is self-tanner. Since they remain lighter when you tan naturally, using self-tanner really really helps them disappear!

And congrats on getting married!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on getting married! ...oh, and welcome!
I think chimera is right about using self tan to help disguise them, because one thing is sure, if they are old, then you are stuck with them (short of laser surgery .. has anyone actually had real results with lasers on old marks?). If you are still developing them or they are red, you can help them by dry brushing to improve circulation and massaging epo or wheatgerm oil in. Mini -me is testing an elancyl pregnancy stretch mark cream on her growth spurt bits, but she reckons that it is no more effective than epo.
Either way, all women have them, even the kate mosses of this world, it is just that they get airbrushed out of photos along with the cellulite etc.
I feel for you having them on the bust, I was a 38E when I was 14 and I am now a 36B, so you can imagine what mine are like! Shock I go the sunless route and you can't see them so much now as I am glowing white! Laughing , But before they went silver I use fake tan and that was effective.
I've just stopped being self-concious about them I guess. One of the advantages of age Very Happy
Liz Cool

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Wow, great info. Thank you for your replies. Smile I guess I should really not be so embarrassed. My fiance doesn't care about them(thank god, but I will try some of your suggestions. About the sunless tanning, I hear the foam ones are the best, is that right?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the mousse ones for body parts, but not tan coloured ones cause they are harder to get the colour right. For face and neck I use a spray - clear, that develops in a few hours. Its so easy to do...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
unfortunately the white/silver coloured ones aren't really treatable. When they are still dark the laser therapy can get rid of them, but once they are white there's not much you can do. You can smooth out the appearance, but you can't get the pigmentation back.

Perhaps spray tan or sunless tanning products will be able to hide them well enough to wear your bikini? I have them all over my breasts too Crying or Very sad
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
If your stretch marks are reddened, (newer) they should respond favorably to tretinoin. (Rx retinoid, see your doctor) Don't expect anything, dermtalogic or surgical to erase them. The technology isn't there.

Tretinoin has been shown to be somewhat effective for white (older) stretch marks, but it's best to catch them while they are reddened.

Results depend on the severity of the marks of course. Laser treatments help both white and red marks, (the latter, again, more sucessfully treated) but it's very expensive and complete clearing is rare.

Don't waste money on shea butter, mederma, you name it. They will do nothing but moisturize, and stretch marks have nothing to do with how much moisture you are, or aren't getting.

hths
PS, welcome to the forum Smile
tigereyes

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Zee,
I just finished posting a reply to Aga's topic about acne scars about a product called Bio-Oil. The recommendation is not from my own experiences, but I work in a pharmacy and women are flocking to this product. I have had ladies come in and show me their stretch marks(right around torso)and how they've faded with the use of this product (women never, never, never offer to show strech marks, but they come back and are sooooo happy these do). Apparently the vit A does something to get the skin in repair mode??? My customers are asking for it, usually not through any advertising seen but from people they now getting results.

As for cocoa butter, that's basically to moisturise beforehand for prevention. And Mederma I'm not convinced either way (I think its designed more for acne scars), we have lots and lots stolen though, so it must be doing something for someone. Get yourself all fake tanned up, and you'll feel better if noting else!!

**edited by Mabsy to remove stray 'ntsearch' HTML/URLS
TerrionLI
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I think I want to try this for my stretch marks.

Is bio oil available in the usa - if so where?

Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |