Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Applied Too Much Neosporin Do I have an Infection?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm a guy.

I had a lot of mosquito bites. So i put a ton of neosporin on my face as i read neosporin is good for it however... i went crazy with it. I just put it all over certain areas of my face. As a result of this... those spots i put it on right now have a huge mark on it... like its a brown mark. Also one side of my face around my chin area... its pretty huge and its very red. I read online that this is HIVES? The other thing is when i touch the spot... its VERY ROUGH. I just read online that you are not suppose to put a lot just basically put very little on the spot. But instead i went crazy and put it all over my face like glue. I read online that ppl can be allergic to it and right now i think i have it? Is this what they call hives? I'm really worried right now b/c i probably have an allergic reaction to it. But the thing is i read hives itch a lot and i don't have any itching at all in those spots. So is there a chance it is somethign else? I googled and read ppl mention how after they applied neosporin, they had this as a side effect.

Does anyone know what i can do right now? I am very upset at what I did. At the moment, i'm just putting aloe vera gel on. Would that help? I'm so scared right now. Im going to throw that neosporin bottle in the garbage now because of this. I think this means 100 percent i have an allergic reaction but how long would it take for it to go away? My skin has been rough for like many days already.

Has anyone that gotten this reaction from neosporin please give me some advice? At the moment, I'm pretty sure i have hives but those hives don't itch at all? And each area of my skin is very rough.

Please give me advice Sad
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
OP,

I'm sorry to hear of what happened. I've never heard of someone having an allergic reaction to Neosporin.

Could it be that the Neosporin is clogging your pores? I would try not putting anything else on there, and see how it does. Sometimes, less it more.

I hope that this response was helpful.
quickguide90012
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. I googled and i read many ppl mentioned they had an allergic reaction to neosporin. But i just wanted to know... is what i have it? Also... it actually does itch as well. At first i said it didnt itch but as a few days go by... it does itch and it looks like hives.

I'm just scared what i should do.

The thing is i have a ton of hyperpigmentation and i use glycolic acid 12 percent from alpha hydrox everyday. I used it on those spots but i think thats probably an even worst idea? Last few days i used a glycolic acid cleanser to try to rough these areas up hoping to break the skin off but it doesn't. Now i think i made things so worst now?

Can someone who taken neospirin or know someone who took it and had a similar reaction please comment?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
quickguide90012 wrote:
Hi. I googled and i read many ppl mentioned they had an allergic reaction to neosporin. But i just wanted to know... is what i have it? Also... it actually does itch as well. At first i said it didnt itch but as a few days go by... it does itch and it looks like hives.

I'm just scared what i should do.

The thing is i have a ton of hyperpigmentation and i use glycolic acid 12 percent from alpha hydrox everyday. I used it on those spots but i think thats probably an even worst idea? Last few days i used a glycolic acid cleanser to try to rough these areas up hoping to break the skin off but it doesn't. Now i think i made things so worst now?

Can someone who taken neospirin or know someone who took it and had a similar reaction please comment?

Sorry Quickguide I have never had any problems with neosporin but I do think it's a good idea just to put something like aloe on it and leave it alone. I think any kind of acid product will just irritate it more. I know you want it to go away fast but sometimes doing less not more can help. Did the neosporin that you use have the pain relief in it? I have heard of more people having problems with that one. If it doesn't go away soon you can try to go to a walk in clinic and let them look at it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Its the ointment one. I checked on amazon this is good for cuts and bruises and even bug bites so i purchased it because i thought it would be good for mosquito bites. After first day i used it on the bites and it was great. Then i thought... hey why not just use this on my pimples and the rest of my face and then i later saw i got rough patches of skin in all those spots i put on my face.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I used neosporin when my ear got infected. I used a fake jewelry and it kinda irritated the hole where you put the earrings. I've used it for 1 week and the irritation (it became swollen and so red!) disappeared.

I would not recommend Neosporin for pimples for sure. If you have pimples, you can use ProActiv. I heard great reviews on this. However, I've never use it before as I always have clear skin. Most importantly, check your diet. Maybe you are not eating right. Avoid fried foods for sure. Eat more vegies, fruits and fibre. Drink more water (no colas, softdrinks).... Make sure that you clean your face before bedtime....

quickguide90012 wrote:
I'm a guy.

I had a lot of mosquito bites. So i put a ton of neosporin on my face as i read neosporin is good for it however... i went crazy with it. I just put it all over certain areas of my face. As a result of this... those spots i put it on right now have a huge mark on it... like its a brown mark. Also one side of my face around my chin area... its pretty huge and its very red. I read online that this is HIVES? The other thing is when i touch the spot... its VERY ROUGH. I just read online that you are not suppose to put a lot just basically put very little on the spot. But instead i went crazy and put it all over my face like glue. I read online that ppl can be allergic to it and right now i think i have it? Is this what they call hives? I'm really worried right now b/c i probably have an allergic reaction to it. But the thing is i read hives itch a lot and i don't have any itching at all in those spots. So is there a chance it is somethign else? I googled and read ppl mention how after they applied neosporin, they had this as a side effect.

Does anyone know what i can do right now? I am very upset at what I did. At the moment, i'm just putting aloe vera gel on. Would that help? I'm so scared right now. Im going to throw that neosporin bottle in the garbage now because of this. I think this means 100 percent i have an allergic reaction but how long would it take for it to go away? My skin has been rough for like many days already.

Has anyone that gotten this reaction from neosporin please give me some advice? At the moment, I'm pretty sure i have hives but those hives don't itch at all? And each area of my skin is very rough.

Please give me advice Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |