Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Obagi progress!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Firefly22

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I just wanted to post about my Obagi experience so far! Tomorrow I will be on Week 4 of Obagi Nu Derm and tbh I'm not finding it that bad. Don't get me wrong, I am peeling but it's not awful! I think it's because I was expecting the worst.

I started to peel on day 3 and I felt awful about it for a couple of days and then I got over it! I only had mild stinging and soreness after applying the products for the first week. I was quite red in the begging (I have very pale skin) but now I'm more my normal colour and only go pinky/red if I'm hot or if it's later on in the day (around 5pm).

The pigmentation on my chin (left from acne) hasn't improved much yet, but overall the rest of my skin is lovely! I actually don't feel insecure about not wearing foundation, and my skin is really smooth. I haven't worn foundation at all since starting Obagi, I did buy mineral makeup at the start but IMO it makes the peeling look worse.

I actually like applying the products, If I miss the morning routine (only done this 2-3 times) to go out, I don't like how my skin feels! It feels really tight, but if I have all of the products on, my skin doesn't feel tight at all.

At the minute I am using the 0.05 Tretinoin, but because I am doing so well, the doctor is thinking about putting me onto 0.1 when I go for my next appointment!

If your thinking about starting Obagi.......DO IT. Very Happy
Firefly22

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say, that I am still having breakouts on my chin (problem area) but I've had a lot less than normal and I've only had two spots on my forehead. It's been a HUGE improvement.
Chauberry
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi! Have you continued with the system? I am on Day 3 and would love to document my progress with someone on a new thread. Smile
Chauberry
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am on day 4. Very minor discomfort, dryness, light redness. Skipped one night of retin A to ease my skin in.I am early thirties, Asian, oily skin with acne scars, still active acne I can never kick from genetics, frequent sweating (hot climate, gym rat, yoga instructor). Hoping to improve tone, , reduce visibility of pores, scars, any dark spots & improve acne. To not wear makeup would be so amazing! Great skin & complexion makes such a nice impression & I've longed for gorgeous skin all my life. I was ready to do a laser until my derm told me about this system. I have read all of the posts and so motivated to commit to this. I see an improvement already in that white heads are surfacing and so easy to extract. Pro active dried out my skin so pumps got stuck before
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile To all of you using Obagi Nuderm lines for the first time, please make sure that you use a proper sunscreen of at least 30 SPF to protect your skin....

Don't overdo using it, Obagi takes time, but you will get results....
Chauberry
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, Jane! I am through week 1, not too bad of peeling or redness, I feel a difference! But I cut yself in my sleep or one of my dogs scratched me. My skin is quite delicate so the cut is more red and swollen than if i wasn't on Obagi. Hopefully it clears up soon. Smoother tone, old pimples fading away, really loving it so far and want to add vit C serum at some point.
moonshyne
5% products discount

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to skincare and although I've heard Obagi mentioned I'm not sure what it is exactly. Is there a good site I can read up on it? Can you tell me more about it? I'm 37 and looking for something effective to combat lines/few wrinkles plus give my skin a smooth, healthy glow and even out my complexion and get rid of my enlarged pores. Yep, I want it all lol.

I'm intrigued about Obagi. I live near Toronto, Ontario..I wonder if it's available near me? I'll have to find out. In the meantime if you could tell me more about it I'd appreciate it.

So glad your getting the results you wanted from it. Sounds like a great product!
Marilyn33

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Firefly22 wrote:
Hi!

I just wanted to post about my Obagi experience so far! Tomorrow I will be on Week 4 of Obagi Nu Derm and tbh I'm not finding it that bad. Don't get me wrong, I am peeling but it's not awful! I think it's because I was expecting the worst.

I started to peel on day 3 and I felt awful about it for a couple of days and then I got over it! I only had mild stinging and soreness after applying the products for the first week. I was quite red in the begging (I have very pale skin) but now I'm more my normal colour and only go pinky/red if I'm hot or if it's later on in the day (around 5pm).

The pigmentation on my chin (left from acne) hasn't improved much yet, but overall the rest of my skin is lovely! I actually don't feel insecure about not wearing foundation, and my skin is really smooth. I haven't worn foundation at all since starting Obagi, I did buy mineral makeup at the start but IMO it makes the peeling look worse.

I actually like applying the products, If I miss the morning routine (only done this 2-3 times) to go out, I don't like how my skin feels! It feels really tight, but if I have all of the products on, my skin doesn't feel tight at all.

At the minute I am using the 0.05 Tretinoin, but because I am doing so well, the doctor is thinking about putting me onto 0.1 when I go for my next appointment!

If your thinking about starting Obagi.......DO IT. Very Happy

I've always wondered about Obagi. Does anyone have before and after? Or a photojournal. I think a lot of people would be interested!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chauberry Smile I don't use vitamin C (don't know why) but been using Obagi for a while now.
I don't think my skin needs it but maybe some products that I use has vitamin C. I cocktails some other skin-care products with Obagi products.

Hi Moonshyne Smile I live in Toronto too. You can get Obagi products through a dermatologist but it will cost you 2x the price for the whole kit. I suggest you buy at EDS and if you buy a kit, the cost is only approx. $300+tax. free shipping and you get 1 gift for order at least $200. It is really a great deal from EDS.... However, for Retin-A, you can by this at Walmart but you will need a prescription from your general doctor.

moonshyne wrote:

I'm intrigued about Obagi. I live near Toronto, Ontario..I wonder if it's available near me? I'll have to find out. In the meantime if you could tell me more about it I'd appreciate it.
Kittybags
5% products discount

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm on day 4 of 16 weeks of obagi nu derm. Honestly, pretty terrified of what might happen having read stuff on the Internet. So far - nothings happened,just waiting for the peeling to start! Shock
Chauberry
5% products discount

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am almost through with 2 weeks. Only had some peeling on Day 5, nothing like what I had read of other users' experiences. My skintone is evening out and my husband has commented it looks smoother. I have some pimples that still need to surface and clear, and dark spots from previous ones. I will post pix eventually, just kind of embarrassed of my 'before' ones!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
As long as you do it "slowly" and not rushing to get immediate results, your skin will be able to adapt to the change. Make sure that you wear sunscreen when going out. After you get your desired results, you must be on "maintenance" program, otherwise, the skin will revert back to what it used to be.
Chauberry
5% products discount

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Jade! Yes sunscreen at all times. I will do the full 24 weeks, and whatever large pores acne scars I have, I want to try the TCA Cross method. Unless anyone has had experience doing this during the Obagi Process? I need to figure out how long to stop Obagi before and after the healing of the TCA cross and if it is better to do during or before I start maintenance. I have committed to taking care of my skin for life! Thank goodness for this amazing forum and support community Smile
Kittybags
5% products discount

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Day 8 and nothing is happening. Is this unusual? I am using little fingernail sized portions of each product which is what I was advised.Presumably the pigmentation will only go if the skin peels? Any advise please.
Chauberry
5% products discount

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
from what i've read, some don't peel, i am at 16 days and have only had mild peeling 2 of those days. Maybe you should start using the full amount (.5 grams)...
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with TCA cross method but I've read about it to improve acne scars.

However, I would suggest that do one thing at a time i.e. complete your Obagi experience during the treatment first, then, try the TCA cross method, if you want it, not both.

Chauberry wrote:
I want to try the TCA Cross method. Unless anyone has had experience doing this during the Obagi Process?
Chauberry
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, Jade! I will wait after my 24 weeks of Obagi then do the cross, unless my Derm says otherwise and I will let you all know. Just starting Week 3. Skin is smoother! Still have random pimples that come up and I am so bad because I extract them and it makes them look worse, but they heal much faster now and I vow not to touch them from this point on!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't pick those pimples!
You will damage your skin (and you don't want that!). FYI, Retin-A is one cream that helps acne scars, so it is really helping your skin heals itself. And with the help of Obagi products, your skin will renew itself from under the skin layers...

Chauberry wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Jade! I will wait after my 24 weeks of Obagi then do the cross, unless my Derm says otherwise and I will let you all know. Just starting Week 3. Skin is smoother! Still have random pimples that come up and I am so bad because I extract them and it makes them look worse, but they heal much faster now and I vow not to touch them from this point on!
jyount
5% products discount

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 am      Reply with quote
retin a and hydroquionine? Is that what makes the difference? If I have these product already on hand can I try this method without purchasing the Obagi brand products? thanks!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
People use Obagi products for many different reasons.... What improvement do you want to achieve on your skin? Clear of pimples, acne or something else?

jyount wrote:
retin a and hydroquionine? Is that what makes the difference? If I have these product already on hand can I try this method without purchasing the Obagi brand products? thanks!
Chauberry
5% products discount

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
@Jyount: From what I've read, those two products are the active ingredients in the Obagi system, but it is their formula and synergy with their line that allows these products to be even more effective from penetrating deeper.
Sandd

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, glad to have found this forum. I am on my 3rd day and my skin is beginning to peel slightly (hardly noticeable). I’m feeling a bit of roughness on my face and gets a bit itchy during the morning. I am aiming to get rid of hyperpigmentation, acne scar and reduce getting acne in time for my wedding in February!

I got my regimen from a dermatologist, however she has not given me the complete range as she thinks I do not require them all. My concern is, for my PM routine she has outlined these steps for me:

1. Foaming Gel
2. Pea sized Blender
3. Mix of blender and tretinoin (at a certain ratio which I have to adjust every two weeks)

I have not come across anyone with the same routine, so what does pea size blender do? Can I completely get rid of that step and just do the mix with tretinoin?

I also feather apply the remainder of the mix all over my neck and chest. I also have a clarisonic which I love using but haven’t used since I started Obagi as I thought it might not be good to use another tool while in the system. Can anyone advise on this as well?

I am in Australia by the way and as per my dermatologist’s advise, we cannot get Clear in Aus.

Thanks all. Hope to get a feedback soon.
Chauberry
5% products discount

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Congratulations, I bet you will have amazing skin come February. I am in mid week 3 and am loving the results so far. I believe the Blender is to penetrate deep into the skin so that it 'makes a path' so that the retin A can go deeper. Both blender and clear have the HQ, so normally clear goes before the blender/retin A combo, so I guess the pea size blender before is to replicate that effect.

I use Clarisonic during my morning wash to help smooth away any dry skin before makeup application. I have read that others do this when their skin is adjusted and doesn't become sensitive or irritated by the Clarisonic.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sandd: please follow your dermatologist's advice. She/he should know better. As to Obagi products, you can buy the full range here at EDS (Essential Day Spa)....
Sandd

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
@Chauberry - Fingers crossed but so excited to get the end result. That makes sense re the pea-sized blender before the mix. My dermatologist has done a great job explaining the process for an hour - when I sort of got lost somewhere obviously. Will probably set the Clarisonic aside until maybe in 2-3 weeks. Thanks! Appreciate it!

@jade-1234 - I will stick to my prescription, yes! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |