Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review - Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
The long (well only 5 days) awaited arrival of this today made my depressing blood donating session tonight fade into insignificance. I was straight in the bath, washed with my new JB cleanser, see separate review, and then got ready for the cleansing experience of a lifetime - NOT. Shock Boy, I was sooo disapointed with this after the fab reviews its been getting.

The smell in unpleasant, it was an orangy colour and the texture of it was like weetabix. I knew it had to be massaged and not rubbed and Im sure this will take some time to master the art. I rinsed it off and felt nothing, so I had another go. I didnt find the second time any more pleasing. On rinsing my face did feel clean and soft, but Im not sure it was this that achieved that. Of course I will continue to use it. I expected a cream texture and not cereal and I expected it to maybe be stronger.

Disappointed but not defeated. Hopefully in a few days I will report bck with a big Wow!
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindi!

I ordered Dr H cleansing cream as well and I am still waiting for it.

So it dindt make your skin feel any special?

I am kind of scared to try it to be honest. I got Dr H Rose Cream and it seems too oily for me and I am not creazy about the smell either...

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Aga, I dont want to put you off before its arrived. I had read sooo much about this I think I expected too much from it. It really is like massaging fine weetabix grains into the skin - completely not what I was expecting. I didnt think it did anything special but used daily it may just suprise me - Pray
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Let'S both hope for the best, eh? Smile

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know what you think when yours arrives, hopefully soon. Fingers crossed its just me .
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'll give it a week and see how it goes Smile
Will report!

Aga
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I Dr. H's cleansing cream. I also love the smell. Cindi, Dr. H is the kind of cleanser either you love or hate. For me it is a very gentle exfoliant (can be used daily). When I first started using it I had to get special instructions from Mabsy. The rolling technique was totally new to me. If we lived close I would buy it from you as I am out. This is one of my must have products.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi - I actually love the smell but I agree that it is a high-maintenance product. I saw fantastic results after about two weeks of 2x daily use (about 2 minutes each time).

Cindi wrote:
The long (well only 5 days) awaited arrival of this today made my depressing blood donating session tonight fade into insignificance. I was straight in the bath, washed with my new JB cleanser, see separate review, and then got ready for the cleansing experience of a lifetime - NOT. Shock Boy, I was sooo disapointed with this after the fab reviews its been getting.

The smell in unpleasant, it was an orangy colour and the texture of it was like weetabix. I knew it had to be massaged and not rubbed and Im sure this will take some time to master the art. I rinsed it off and felt nothing, so I had another go. I didnt find the second time any more pleasing. On rinsing my face did feel clean and soft, but Im not sure it was this that achieved that. Of course I will continue to use it. I expected a cream texture and not cereal and I expected it to maybe be stronger.

Disappointed but not defeated. Hopefully in a few days I will report bck with a big Wow!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Mabsy"]Cindi - I actually love the smell but I agree that it is a high-maintenance product. I saw fantastic results after about two weeks of 2x daily use (about 2 minutes each time).

Hi Mabsy - when you talk about the maintenance aspect are you talking about the "palm-rolling" thing? It's not that much of a pain in the neck, is it? How much do you use each time you use it? Can you describe the smell? I can't believe how reasonably-priced it is!
Thanks!
Pudoodles
Mabsy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:

when you talk about the maintenance aspect are you talking about the "palm-rolling" thing? It's not that much of a pain in the neck, is it? How much do you use each time you use it? Can you describe the smell? I can't believe how reasonably-priced it is!

It's more troublesome than a scrub that you just quickly massage in and then rinse off. You do need to use it for a few minutes each time. I actually find this quite pleasant but if you're always in a hurry then you may not. I can't really describe the smell of it very well - to me it just has this organic-type rose smell, Thoughtcrime says it has a "yeast and barley malt" smell. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2270

*Edited because it turns out that I can't spell! Embarassed
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I received my sample of cleansing cream a few days ago. Very eager to try it. Hopefully it will cleanout my blackheads/clogged pores like it did for Mabsy Drool
Mabsy

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to hearing your experiences with it mtview! From what I remember the sample is 5ml so unfortunately it probably won't last you for long. I think using it twice daily I use a whole tube (50mL) in about 5 weeks or so.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
My cleansing cream arrived yesterday with my parents. I used the it last night for the first time. The texture and fragrance are unusual but I like it.
Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, your parents are back again so soon? what treats did mom bring this time??
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I understand what you say about the smell, I find it awful, it reminds me of Boddington's Brewery! I can smell the hops going to work every morning and it knocks me sick!!!

I like the cream though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm totally excited! I included the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream in my Valetine's Day order -- I am SO curious - I just can't wait till it gets here!!!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh Pudodles, I hope it doesnt disappoint you....
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
there seems to be two camps about this product - haters and lovers - i can't think of any other product on the forum that cuases quite some much diference in opinion!
*personally i am a lover and couldn't be without it now*

Kiwigirl
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:

Oh, I know, Cindi..... Embarassed but I just couldn't stand it anymore!! I've heard so many distinct opinions about it....I'm totally intrigued since its formulated to accommodate both dry and oily skin...you don't see duality like that in a decongesting formulation...I'm hoping that I love the smell, if not - then I'm going to hope that it is just stinky and effective!! At least I'll know... Very Happy I'll be posting a review for sure!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Cindi wrote:

Oh, I know, Cindi..... Embarassed but I just couldn't stand it anymore!! I've heard so many distinct opinions about it....I'm totally intrigued since its formulated to accommodate both dry and oily skin...you don't see duality like that in a decongesting formulation...I'm hoping that I love the smell, if not - then I'm going to hope that it is just stinky and effective!! At least I'll know... Very Happy I'll be posting a review for sure!
Pudoodles Very Happy

I hope you like the Dr. H Cleanser. Yesterday I ordered 2 of them when I placed my EDS order. I ran out recently and hate that. I am one of those people that like the smell. Can't wait to hear your review.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie! I also ordered my Alpha Derma CE - WUHOO!!!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:24 am      Reply with quote
As the soon-to-be recipient of Cindi's unloved Dr H CC I'm very excited too!

Just in case I haven't said this enough - THANK YOU CINDI

Pudoodles, care to take a bet on whether we like it or not? Laughing
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Lianne, this is my parents' first trip down. I've been talking about it for months and waiting impatiently for their arrival!
They had one huge duffel bag filled with stuff for us.
My EDS order Very Happy , my new digital camera, a dozen cans of tennis balls, 2 lbs of Starbucks decaf espresso beans, 2 big packs of papadams, 2 packs of sushi nori paper, our new Sirius satellite radio system. My sister sent some Honeydrop tops, earrings, soap and a tube of Aveeno Positively Radiant Lip Enhancer. It was like christmas!

I've been using the Cleansing Cream for a few days now along with the sample of Quince Day Cream and I really like it. I just hope I'm using it correctly.

Liz

5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the cleansing cream for a couple of weeks now (ordered it based on Mabsy's terrific reviews Smile ) and I absolutely love it. It's so nice at the end of the day to take a few moments to feel like I'm pampering myself. And I love the smell, though I'm fairly partial to barley & hops in many forms Razz It's hard to tell if it broke me out at first, as I've heard rumours of it doing, since I always seem to be getting a couple of spots, but I can tell a difference now in my pores and the general feel of my skin. All in all, I'm really happy with it so far.
Mabsy

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad you like it jcp! I'm cracking open a new tube of this on the weekend Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |