Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Morning Cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have somewhat sensitive skin and use Tazorac at night (results are great) and I am wondering what you'd suggest for morning cleansing.

I currently use Pevonia Sensitive Skin Cleanser and while it works, I sometimes wonder if there are other products worth looking into. Does anyone else use a retinoid at night? What do you use?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just splash with cool water.
My skin is also sensitive and dry - this has made a huge difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey Organics Vegecol sensitive skin cleanser

I'm currently using Eminence Organics Coconut Milk clranser, which is nice.

Finally, Paula Begoun allegedly makes gentle, fragrance-free cleansers
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 am      Reply with quote
In the morning, I use water only.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Do you really think that water can adequately clean your skin?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I usually use Paula's Choice resist cleanser in the morning. I also use tazorac.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Speaking from my experience, I do not feel that my skin does not get "dirty" overnight. I certainly do not want to scrub away or cleanse off any of the oils my skin has produced because my skin is dry. Very occasionally (if I applied a heavy anti-aging treatment) I will use a cleanser. But omitting this as a regular part of my routine has made a huge difference in my skin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Don't we sweat out toxins during the night? Isn't morning cleansing the most important?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Don't we sweat out toxins during the night? Isn't morning cleansing the most important?

I tend to agree with this notion. Skin sweats during the night, excretes stuff and personally I'd also like to remove the products that were applied before going to bed.
However, I'm convinced that tap water aggravates my skin and I try to avoid it. Still I cleanse twice a day (or sometimes a third time depending on workout schedule) with water-less cleanser and skin is better than ever, more resilient, less erratic, and I'm a retinoid user as well. Cream, lotion, milk or micellar cleansers are the way to go for me.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am      Reply with quote
While I know it is backwards, I do my heavy cleaning in the AM. I use either a glycolic cleasner with my clarisonic or a glycolic/salycilic cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 am      Reply with quote
jazzi wrote:
personally I'd also like to remove the products that were applied before going to bed.

This is how I feel, as well. I have tried just splashing my face with water or using a wet cloth, and I always end up feeling that I am applying my morning products right on top of what I used the night before.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid the retin A would do damage if the sun got thru the sunscreen...don't know if this happens but I have lots of sun damage on my neck and I wondered if it might be due to the fact that I wouldn't cleanse my neck in the morning like I did my face.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate knowing.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree with what the previous poster said--it would feel like I'm layering products. However, to each his own.

rileygirl,

Out of curiosity, what cleanser do you use?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

rileygirl,

Out of curiosity, what cleanser do you use?

Right now I am using the Joanna Vargas cleanser and the Osea Cleansing Milk. I alternate between these 2.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I only use Obagi foaming gel/cleanser in the morning and at night. Works for me. I don't want to use another product as I am quite happy using this product. Obagi foaming/cleanser is very light with aloe vera and keeping my skin in check.. No acne, no blackheads, no whiteheads and small pores.....

Lightshox wrote:
I have somewhat sensitive skin and use Tazorac at night (results are great) and I am wondering what you'd suggest for morning cleansing.

I currently use Pevonia Sensitive Skin Cleanser and while it works, I sometimes wonder if there are other products worth looking into. Does anyone else use a retinoid at night? What do you use?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |