Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
eyeshadow always cakes on my creases!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
How can I prevent this from happening? I've used the MAC primer/base before applying my eyeshadows...but it doesn't work. Any tips?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite eyeshadow primer is Trish McEvoy's Eye Base Essentials but it is very expensive and you get a tiny amount. I never had my shadow crease, my shadow always looked fresh. And her base is great because it neutralizes any darkness on your lids and I have lots! In an effort to find something that was less expensive, I've been using Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Eden. It works pretty well but isn't as good at neutralizing darkness. So you might want to get a sample at Sephora or try it at Ulta.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:25 am      Reply with quote
One of the forum member suggested Urban Decay primer in my other thread. I have combination skin so I have to try this. She said her eyeshadows stay on much better. I myself have not tried it but I will. Have to buy first.

Here is the link.

http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-original-P284716#BVRRWidgetID

BCgirl wrote:
How can I prevent this from happening? I've used the MAC primer/base before applying my eyeshadows...but it doesn't work. Any tips?
Starlite

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I also have combination skin and have tried Urban Decay primer and it works very well an lasts for hours. It's my favorite primer.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
The thing that helped me the most was buying baked eye shadows. There are lots of brands that do this (weirdly enough, some drug store brands even have these.) They shape the shadows onto terra cotta tiles and actually bake them. It makes a shadow that stays where you put it, but somehow isn't impossible to wash off. Win/win.

My eye lids like to switch between greasy and desert dry, so I needed something that offered consistency in extremes. I've never tried one with a primer underneath it. I bet that would be even better.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I think I must have tried baked eyeshadows in the past and when I sweat a lot, it just creases on me... But everyone is different I guess. And also for the fact that I do have a combination skin especially with T-zone of my face.......

Chlorophyll wrote:
The thing that helped me the most was buying baked eye shadows. There are lots of brands that do this (weirdly enough, some drug store brands even have these.) They shape the shadows onto terra cotta tiles and actually bake them. It makes a shadow that stays where you put it, but somehow isn't impossible to wash off. Win/win.

My eye lids like to switch between greasy and desert dry, so I needed something that offered consistency in extremes. I've never tried one with a primer underneath it. I bet that would be even better.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think the less you have on your eyelids the better, so I would just take a tissue or one of those cosmetic blotting sheets and blot....several times a day if need be. Thats it. And re-apply your eyeshadow. Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to say. I think Revlon Color Stay eyeshadows are fabulous for oily lids. Keep your eye creams off the crease area before applying.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I do agree with SusieQ that less is more. The more eyeshadows, the more it will crease on the eyelids. But with blotting tissue, it will help diminish the creasing of the eyeshadows...
I also have tried cream eyeshadows and I find that with cream eyeshadows, it tend to crease more. However, if I put a powder eyeshadows on top of the cream eyeshadows, it helps stop the creasing. Also, applying an eye primer as a base will tend to hold whatever powder eyeshadows I am applying on top of it. It works for me and maybe it may work (or not) for you.

SusieQ wrote:
I think the less you have on your eyelids the better, so I would just take a tissue or one of those cosmetic blotting sheets and blot....several times a day if need be. Thats it. And re-apply your eyeshadow. Smile
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I prefer to use the NYX eye primer. I believe it comes in two or three different base colors. I just use the white and it works so well. It's a thick cream base so it works almost like a glue for your eye color. You should try it ;)
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Update: I bought the Urban Decay primer and it works like a charm!! Absolutely zero eyeshadow crease and lasts all day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Great! Smile I'm glad that it solve your problem BCgirl Smile

BCgirl wrote:
Update: I bought the Urban Decay primer and it works like a charm!! Absolutely zero eyeshadow crease and lasts all day.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |