Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz)
When Do You Usually Wash Your Face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Do you usually wash your face early in the evening--for example right after work?

Or do you wash it later in the evening--such as right before bed?

Why did you choose to wash your face at the time that you chose?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Do you usually wash your face early in the evening--for example right after work?

No

Quote:

Yes

Quote:

Convenience, habit, just feels right to me to do it then.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back, Nonie.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I wash my face in the morning before going to work, after which I apply moisturizer and whatever on my face. My face has to be clean first before I put any make-up, otherwise, I will clog pores which is also not good for my skin.

In between or during the time, I don't do nothing.

In the evening, I wash my face because I need to remove my make-up. I would like my skin to breathe because at night time, this is the time that the skin renew itself. I put whatever cream I need to put on my face before bedtime.
If I don't clean my face at night, I will break-out in the morning for sure. My skin will be dull and very oily from the day before which is not good for my skin...

VeronicaM wrote:

Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
On days that I work, I wash it slightly closer to bedtime. On days when I'm off (and don't have anywhere to be) I do it earlier.

Why? I have no idea. That's just the way I've always done it. Laughing

As far as mornings go, I
-wake up
-do a little yoga
-cleanse my face with OCM+Tanaka massage before hoping in the shower

So in the mornings, it's pretty immediate. I guess because it's my routine. Idk.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Twice a day, usually. At night I use OCM before showering, and soap on an exfoliating cloth. I sometimes take another shower later in the day, around noon, and if I've worn makeup or done something sweaty, I wash my face again, otherwise just rinse with water and reapply moisturiser.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

This is something I wonder about as well. I wash in the morning, before I wake up, and about 1-2 hours before I go to bed (so I can work in all those topicals that require me to wait 30 minutes before layering). sometimes i worry about too much washing throwing the oil balance off. But I usually use a gentle cleanser and I tend to believe it's better to risk drying out my skin than risk breaking out from leaving makeup on too long.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wash my face way too much Sad.
I wash my face in the morning (to wash off all the retin-a) then put my cream and my sunblock. Then I'm off to the pool and after swimming I wash my face again to get rid of the chlorine, and then I put my cream, sunblock, and makeup. After that (hours later), I'll wash my face again for yoga, and after yoga, I'll wash my face again when I get home.
So in total, I wash my face almost 4 times a day (this does not include swishing my face in the pool for 1 hr)....:S
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
syndi222 wrote:
I wash my face in the morning (to wash off all the retin-a) then put my cream and my sunblock. Then I'm off to the pool and after swimming I wash my face again to get rid of the chlorine, and then I put my cream, sunblock, and makeup. After that (hours later), I'll wash my face again for yoga, and after yoga, I'll wash my face again when I get home.
So in total, I wash my face almost 4 times a day (this does not include swishing my face in the pool for 1 hr)....:S

So, do you swim professionally?
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I don't swim professionally but I do enjoy swimming -- was on the swim team back when I was in highschool. My L5/S1 joint disc space is severely narrowed so my GP recommended me to swim and swimming has helped my back a lot. I now swim one hour non-stop each morning in a lap-pool before work. As much as I love the pool and swimming, it's really taking a toll on my skin. But it's either breaking out or suffering from back pain... *sigh

VeronicaM wrote:
syndi222 wrote:

So, do you swim professionally?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
syndi2222,

It sounds like it's the chlorine.

Have you tried swimming in shallow lakes/ponds?
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Canada and the closest lake for me is lake Ontario Sad. Whenever I do get the chance to go up north I do swim in smaller lakes.
I used to live beside the beaches in the tropics and would surf/swim/dive/snorkel A LOT. That killed my skin the most :S But it was amazing!
But yeah... the chlorine is definitely not helping. I can smell chlorine on my skin (even after showering) for several hours till I do hot yoga where I'm sweating out of every pore in my body. This is a lose lose situation for me... *facepalm

VeronicaM wrote:
syndi2222,

It sounds like it's the chlorine.

Have you tried swimming in shallow lakes/ponds?
twinka
5% products discount

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 am      Reply with quote
If I used a night cream or oil I wash my face in the morning because it's oily, otherwise I do it in the evening)
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I wash my face with water only in the morning.

At night, I wash my face just before I go to
sleep.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wash in the morning (in the shower) with my Clarisonic and Image Total cleanser. I wash at night with a warm wet baby wash cloth and warm water. I only wear Jane Iredale powder makeup, Jane eyeshadow, eye liner and mascara so there isn't much to take off.

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)