Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Unwanted facial hair: what to do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I never thought I would ask this question, but nevertheless: what is the best way to get rid of facial hair?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I used to bleach, since waxing was way too irritating for me. But since I started with tretinoin etc, I've been more concerned about putting harsh products on my face.

I tried shaving a couple times, but found that too irritating for my (now thin) skin as well.
I recently got one of those $2 springs off ebay, and I LOVE it! It's still irritating but I don't have much to be concerned with and do a little at a time. And there's no prep or cleanup required so I can just go at it whenever I feel like it, like while I'm watching youtube videos. Smile

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Do you mean stray long hairs or patches? Permanently or temporarily?

I have a bunch of single long hairs on my cheeks and jaw that I pluck. And I pluck my moustache hairs.

I've recently started noticing longer hair along my chin (it's still peach fuzz-y) but noticeable, and a single hair sticks out more than the others.

The problem with plucking is that it does grow back darker and coarser. I think waxing would help with that.

Your options are basically pluck/wax or laser it, which is what I plan to do once I have the money.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
I used to bleach, since waxing was way too irritating for me. But since I started with tretinoin etc, I've been more concerned about putting harsh products on my face.

I tried shaving a couple times, but found that too irritating for my (now thin) skin as well.
I recently got one of those $2 springs off ebay, and I LOVE it! It's still irritating but I don't have much to be concerned with and do a little at a time. And there's no prep or cleanup required so I can just go at it whenever I feel like it, like while I'm watching youtube videos. Smile

what are these springs? Now you have me curious!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Its just a metal spring that catches the hair and pulls it out, exactly like threading! It was actually less than a dollar, so at least worth a try:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/140786135327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And here's a youtube vid about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3tV2-Glv_Q&feature=related

Once you get the hang of it, its quite efficient though like anything that yanks hairs out, not exactly pleasant.
And I've gotta be honest, if it didn't remind me of a slinky & have the prettiest pinky/orange handles, I may not be half as enamoured by it! Laughing

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
The problem with plucking is that it does grow back darker and coarser. I think waxing would help with that.

onmyboat, why would there be a difference between plucking & waxing?
I think someone had explained something similar to me recently, but I guess it didn't quite sink in.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:08 am      Reply with quote
This is being flogged on the TV at the moment - but I've no idea whether it's any good or not:

http://www.amazon.com/e-GLIDE-Roller-Electroysis-System/dp/B003ZT67I2

I've used an epilator in the past - some come with a special attachment for the face, and they work very well.

Now I just shave with a throw away razor - but I only have very fine peach fuzz on my face. Shaving is also a good way of exfoliating.

It is actually a myth that plucked or shaved hair grows back thicker and coarser - this has been medically proven by those in the know!
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2007/12/13/does-shaving-make-hair-grow-back-thicker.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I've seen the eGlider thing on TV too. Googled it and it has terrible reviews.

I am also using a throw away razor but getting a bit worried about it. I don't like the feeling when it is growing in? Think it is irritating my skin (although everything it doing that lately!!) I would love to try threading but it's hard to find anyone near me that does it.

I hate the peach fuzz on the side of my face and the hairs above the lip, all which seem to be getting more noticable! Sick of it. Tried the facial epilator which was good but hurt like hell, and irritating as well. Has anyone had success with laser hair removal on the face?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have just found these threads to answer my question:

come out of the closet...do you shave your face?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=191966&highlight=shave+face#191966

Do you shave your face?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6476575&highlight=shave+face#6476575

Apparently what I have is called peach fuzz, and dry shaving is a way to get rid of it. hmm
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Its just a metal spring that catches the hair and pulls it out, exactly like threading! It was actually less than a dollar, so at least worth a try:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/140786135327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And here's a youtube vid about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3tV2-Glv_Q&feature=related

Once you get the hang of it, its quite efficient though like anything that yanks hairs out, not exactly pleasant.
And I've gotta be honest, if it didn't remind me of a slinky & have the prettiest pinky/orange handles, I may not be half as enamoured by it! Laughing

LOL! ty

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |