Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Exfoliate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
What is the best way to exofoliate and what is the best product to use to do this?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:32 am      Reply with quote
...well as they say there is more than one way to skin a cat! Are you talking body or face? What kind of skin do you have? How much money do you want to spend and what are your skincare goals?

A little more info is needed Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Sorry face, my skin is a little dry and is quite tight.
I have been considering buying the md formulation products cause i have usesd them before and they suited my skin. but i can't seem to find any exofoliating products in their range.

Money as least as possible. My goals to have well hydrated skin. Also i want to try and remove a few blackheads that i have on my nose and chin. They are very tiny but i can see them.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I think it is best to go for a aha/bha exfoliant. I don't know MD stuff, but I am sure they must have a wash or toner that has alpha or beta hydroxy acids in them. You may want to think about cellular skin rx lactic serum...I haven't tried it, but I will soon! Laughing That is pretty well priced and has had very good reviews.
As a cheap and almost instant alternative, massage a couple of teaspoons of olive oil into your face, rinse a clean flannel or muslin cloth out under a hot tap and hold gently against your face for a moment, then rinse out cloth and start gently wiping the oil off in a circular motion, rinsing regularly in clean warm-hot water. The flannel actsa as a gentle exfoliant and the oil moisturises. Try it...it is worth a go! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny9,
Two products come to mind...Dermalogica Microfoliant and Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream...these two products get raves (for the most part... do a search and you'll come up with a tonne of comments!)
I haven't tried the Dr. H stuff yet but it is supposed to be a pretty magnificent decongestant -- and VERY gentle to the skin...I love that this stuff is designed for both dry and oily skins...which to me, means that you flat out don't have to worry about irritation (unless, you have a fluke allergic reaction) - and it's really inexpensive (relatively speaking..)
I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions!
Good Luck!
Pudoodles
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that i'll give that a try. As i'm thinking of buying the md formulation products. Can these be mixed with other brands or are you better to stick to all of the same brand.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hi Lenny9,
Two products come to mind...Dermalogica Microfoliant and Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream...these two products get raves (for the most part... do a search and you'll come up with a tonne of comments!)
I haven't tried the Dr. H stuff yet but it is supposed to be a pretty magnificent decongestant -- and VERY gentle to the skin...I love that this stuff is designed for both dry and oily skins...which to me, means that you flat out don't have to worry about irritation (unless, you have a fluke allergic reaction) - and it's really inexpensive (relatively speaking..)

I'm sure you'll get many more suggestions!
Good Luck!
Pudoodles

As you were typing I was just about to respond Very Happy . Now I don't have to do a lengthy post. Dr. H's Cleansing Cream (in my opinion) would be wonderful for lenny9.
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:27 am      Reply with quote
What is the difference between microfoliant and micro-exfoliant?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Are you talking about the difference between the Dermalogica Cream Exfoliant and the Dermalogica Microfoliant? If so, - here's my take: the Cream Exfoliant is an AHA mask (it's on my face right now, how funny is that?!?! Laughing ) that you leave on for 10/15 mins and rinse off...the Microfoliant can be used every day (for most people) and is an enzymatic exfoliant ( this one is powder form and activated with water). I've heard this kind of exfoliator called the "thinking" exfoliant as it only "eats up" the dead surface cells with no radical impact on the rest of the skin; hence it's reputation for gentleness.
Off I go to rinse!!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
hi lenny9, I think alot depends on what you have used in the past and whether you prefer a gritty cream solution or something more gentle.
I have used the Dermalogica Microfoliant and although it wasnt very gritty, it did a good job of cleaning my face and left it squeeky clean. I ended up buying the Dr Hauschka cleansing clean and if u read my review, I compared it to washing with a watery paste of weetabix. My skin felt no different after to be honestly, I even did it twice in case I missed something Shock I have a bit of congestion on my nose and chin and this definately the product to sort it. I will stick with it as it didnt get rave reviews from others for nothing. Smile
Mabsy

Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream on account of lenny9 having mentioned dry skin. It works wonders on blackheads as well!
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been having a look through the Avon book. As i'm quite a fan of some of their products expecially there make-up and skin so soft range. I have also just ordered there cellu-sculpt anti cellulite body sculpting treatment. I have read rave reviews on this product.

Sorry i've just gone of topic, what i was meaning to ask is how good is the clinical micro-exfoliant that they use. Would it be a good foliant. It says helps repair fine lines, clarity and radiance and reveals dramatically younger looking skin, and to use 2-3 times a week. It's only £8. They also do a clinical 2-step facial peel and a clinical deep crease concentrate with Bo-Hylurox.
Derek

Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Lenny i have tried Reviva Labs Light skin peel it safe and non chemical try you health food shop or theis sitewww.myskincare.co.uk or .biz i think
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny9

I have dry skin too. My experience with exfoliators:

1) MD formulations - if you get the cleanser and the facial cream (for dry skin) - they contain glycolic acid which does a fair bit of "renewing" of the skin, ie removing the dead skin and revealing younger looking skin. I find the set quite good. But, please remember to use sun protectors
2) In line with chemical exfoliators, I also like Skinceuticals Renew Overnight for Dry Skin. It contains AHA and BHA, which also exfoliates. Cellex C has one similar which I have also tried. Both gave me smoother and even toned skin. You also do not need to moisturise after that. You can usually feel the difference the next morning, cos the make up goes on really well. Due to my dry skin, I use it on alternate nights. I have also tried DDF's Glycolic 7% cleanser which I found a tad drying.
3) As for Physical exfoliators, my newest love is Dr H's Cleansing Cream - it is not drying and I do think the black heads on my nose have retreated the last few days (I just started with Dr H's). I found Dermalogica's Microfoliant quite good but can be drying and skin feels tight and I need to quickly moisturize right after. For a good weekly scrub, I like Clarin's Doux Peeling which goes on like a thick layer, dries, and you rub it off, taking the dead cells along with the sloughing. Peter Roth's Buffing Beads is OK, but I think there should be more beads.

There, I've gotten it off my...skin

Cheers
Jenny
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jenny,

I noticed you had used MDF and DDF and Skinceuticals. Smile
I too have dry skin that started breaking out.
Did you have any break-out problems after Skinceuticals Renev Overnight?
Was MDF cleanser drying and did it help with spots?
Sorry for all these Qs!

Aga
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aga

No prob with the questions:

1) No problem using Skinceuticals Renew Overnight for Dry Skin for me - I like it and use it on alternate nights usualy. I find that it makes my skin even toned and smoother.

2)I use the MDF cleanser for Dry Skin. I find that it is a little drying but it does a good job of getting rid of impurities. When I travel, I now use MDF set ie cleanser and the facial cream - I find that it helps control breakouts by keeping the skin well cleaned.

3) However, between the MDF's facial cream and Skinceuticals Renew, I prefer the latter. In case I am confusing you, you should use either, not both. You can however, use the MDF's cleanser in combo with Renew.

Cheers
Jenny
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |