Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try this. Surprised
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Great information. Thanks for all the posts. Now I want to try it too.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I read the reviews here on EDS regarding Dr Hauschka and the Rose Day Cream - that's what prompted me to try Dr H 2 yrs ago. It was really good for my skin. The Rose Day cream is rich - the product description pretty much says so - but it is a lovely pick me up cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
kellyks wrote:
This product saved my skin a few years ago and I have been using it on and off, mostly on, ever since. I had a strange reaction to some very overpriced Chanel products, my forehead got bright red and my skin almost overnight became super sensitive. I tried all products I had been using, nothing worked for me anymore until I found this. I have been devoted ever since and will always keep a tube on hand. Recently I have been dealing with alot of clogged pores and so I am taking a break from this beautiful cream and searching for something else but I am sure I will return, I alway do.

Me too! At the moment the Dr H is the only product that can calm my sensiive skin! But I also have to use it sparingly because it's a bit too rich for my combo skin. But still is one of my fav Dr H products. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
My dry parched skin drinks it all up. In the beginning, I put it directly on my skin and spread it out over my face. Now, I just use a tiny bit and warm it between my fingers and pat it onto my skin. It's very moisturizing, but I haven't noticed any noticable softness on my skin Sad My skin still feels rough and bumpy. I love this cream and will use it whenever my skin starts acting up. I don't think I'll use it everyday as summer is coming up in Thailand and it's too hot and humid for such a rich cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
i think this cream is quite rich, i can only apply quince day cream!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think this day cream is absolutely fantastic. I've raved about it several times here on EDS. It's a staple in my daily routine all year round.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just love EDS and the forums! I have been thinking about purchasing the Rose Cream for a while but could not decide. I have very dry skin and I have just ordered PSF DMAE serum and I was very concerned about my dry skin getting worst. You guys have sold me on the Rose cream! Thanks!
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
This is a good cream for combo skin in winter time. I tried in the summer and it's too oily.
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I think I may try it in my next order. I have tried some other Dr. H products and I love them. Thanks for the information.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
i have used the sample, i feel not rich enough for me! Confused Confused
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I just read an announcement from Dr.H that they're going to launch a lighter version of the rose day cream soon. It will be a cream with a rather "whipped" feeling. I'm quite curious since the original rose cream is too rich for me, even during winter when my skin gets dry.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
it is an extremely rich thick cream, my skin loves it, but I could see where some would not be able to use it! I only use it at nite, its my go to cream, when super dry and/or just have that ugggg face!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
i know, most people feel this is an extremely rich cream!
so i very confuse why i feel not rich enough! Sad
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

well it is rich, but does sink right in on my face, have you tried applying twice, maybe you need more!
TBLand

Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
This product saved my skin. I have been using it for 2 months. I had a strange reaction to some many priced products that I tried, it just rejected and got irritated, nothing worked for me anymore until I found this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:

It's a rich cream and I find it very difficult to spread onto my face even with a spritz of Avene spray. My skin's gotten so dry that now I can even use it every day and it sinks in right away without any greasiness. However, at the moment, my skin is VERY dry and blotchy I have to reapply it every hour plus emu oil and Yonka Serum on top.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
i think maybe it is another reason, i just move to another place with dry weather! that is my first winter in that place.
now spring is coming, my skin feel normal!
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
It is heavy on my neutral skin, but do not feel very bad. However, It is the best for the winter. I never tried on other season.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try this. How do I get a sample (I'm in Australia)?
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think it good for oil skin.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Despite the rave reviews I heard for this cream, I bought some at the airport in Munich and honestly I am not impressed. The cream seemed to make my skin oilier and I did get some pimples. Not a massive break-out but any pimple is a no no. This is so even in the midst of winter. too rich for oily but dehydrated skin.
kathyboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
i have dry skin, but I found it is too heavy and thick for me, what a waste
vvpmelon
5% products discount

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
It smells great. I usually tolerate rich creams quite well. But this one is still a little too rich for me. My face looks too shinny with it on.
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I used this cream for years (years ago) and liked it very much, my skin was very dry then. Around 30 my skin became quite normal, no idea why, and then it became too heavy for permanent use. But I still like it sometimes and also tried the lighter version of it, which is good, too. It smells quite strong, like almost everything of Dr. Hauschka, some people don't like it for this reason. The contained peanut oil is having the reputation to be comedogenic, but not everybody can affirm that.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |