Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
It's in a purple tube and called Skin Food 'toner gel'. Just because I developed a sensitivity to an ingredient doesnt mean that others can expect to also. Panthenol is just one of those things some people are allergic to it seems. I may have been for some time without noticing it. But I *really* noticed it using the sqoom. I've had to use some cortisone cream to get the ugly reaction down. I really just bought it up because I feel it demonstrates how effectively ultrasound can help penetration. I have been using products with panthenol forever without having any major reactions, although sometimes simmering inflammation is hard to pick up. This made it unmissable. I was able to single it out to this ingredient by my reaction to all other products containing it after I noticed the first big sqoom reaction.

I am very glad you brought it up!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this article on ultrasound gels and how they should be composed (and what they SHOULD NOT contain):

http://www.dermaviduals.com/english/publications/products/ultrasound-gels-effects-compositions-applications.html

I think we really have to be careful here and always check the INCI.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Chiqui65 wrote:
I just found this article on ultrasound gels and how they should be composed (and what they SHOULD NOT contain):

http://www.dermaviduals.com/english/publications/products/ultrasound-gels-effects-compositions-applications.html

I think we really have to be careful here and always check the INCI.

Thank you for sharing this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
It's in a purple tube and called Skin Food 'toner gel'. Just because I developed a sensitivity to an ingredient doesnt mean that others can expect to also. Panthenol is just one of those things some people are allergic to it seems. I may have been for some time without noticing it. But I *really* noticed it using the sqoom. I've had to use some cortisone cream to get the ugly reaction down. I really just bought it up because I feel it demonstrates how effectively ultrasound can help penetration. I have been using products with panthenol forever without having any major reactions, although sometimes simmering inflammation is hard to pick up. This made it unmissable. I was able to single it out to this ingredient by my reaction to all other products containing it after I noticed the first big sqoom reaction.

yes, there is no doubt that US increases penetration; in therapeutic uses, US is used to deliver drugs to the subcutaneous tissue, eg. underlying muscles, cartilage etc...

Your inflammation could also be caused by US breaking certain actives in your gel into little fragments ( n less desirable ones ) n thus causing inflammation. I am no scientist, just saying!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this earlier but must've forgot to "submit'.

I heard back from Quasar on their Anti Aging Serum > "Yes, the Quasar Anti-Aging Serum is perfectly safe to use with facial ultrasonic devices." They're also sending me a manual.

Also heard from Sqoom, asked that they make some of their gel available in the States, even if just on Ebay, at a decent price where we don't have to pay so much for shipping or lose money in the dollar exchange - they said that they will work something out. Fingers crossed.

All set - got a natural aloe, rosewater face spray today. Now just waiting for the Rex Kara and the serum!! Will report!
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Idealist wrote:

yes, there is no doubt that US increases penetration; in therapeutic uses, US is used to deliver drugs to the subcutaneous tissue, eg. underlying muscles, cartilage etc...

Your inflammation could also be caused by US breaking certain actives in your gel into little fragments ( n less desirable ones ) n thus causing inflammation. I am no scientist, just saying!

I'm pretty sure we are not using frequencies on our faces that are capable of breaking up molecular bonds Daler! Sonication devices used for that work at very high frequencies and are also a lot stronger from what I have read. It would definitely be counter productive using something capable of that kind of thing on our faces.

Also I have used the sqoom with a lot of products, and it is only the product with panthenol I have any problem with. I have been using it the sqoom for decent treatment times and my skin usually looks and feels wonderful afterwards. By this stage of my allergy prone life, I know an allergic reaction when I get one unfortunately Surprised
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Someone posted this and now I'm a little confused >
Quote:
Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid is NOT hyaluronic acid. The properties of hyaluronic acid depend on its molecular weight.

So . . . is it not a good idea to get the LotionCrafters Hyaluronic Acid SLMW or is the ULMW or is just the regular that's good here > http://www.skinactives.com/Hyaluronic-Acid.html

Any thoughts from the wiz-kids? THANK YOU!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Someone posted this and now I'm a little confused >
Quote:
Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid is NOT hyaluronic acid. The properties of hyaluronic acid depend on its molecular weight.

So . . . is it not a good idea to get the LotionCrafters Hyaluronic Acid SLMW or is the ULMW or is just the regular that's good here > http://www.skinactives.com/Hyaluronic-Acid.html

Any thoughts from the wiz-kids? THANK YOU!

Yeah, it all seems to depend on who you ask Neutral I wouldn't get too hung up on whether or not it's still hyaluronic at different molecular weights. I mean, that might be an important distinction in some contexts, but I don't think it's worth quibbling over for this.

However... we have yet to 1] learn exactly what the molecular weight is for Sqoom gels - they advertise "low molecular weight", but that leaves a very wide range, and 2] we have yet to find a hyaluronic that's 50,000 Daltons, which according to a study CookieD posted, is the way to ensure optimal results with a U/S. Higher MW hyaluronic, like conventional HA, and lower molecular weight hyaluronic, like Lotioncrafters (and Amazon sellers) are offering, might potentially do more harm than good.

Sorry to get long-winded, but this is exactly the issue I've been going over and over in my head, trying to decide if I should spring for a Merbe or a Rex Kara II even though we still don't know yet if there's a DIY or affordable commercial gel that will get optimal results. Neutral

At this point, if I were to get a U/S device I would probably plan on getting a Sqoom gel (I'll have to limit myself to just 1), and using Skin Fix to stretch it. The more I read, the safer I feel about SF.

Hope I didn't confuse you more Smile You can probably tell I've been glued to this thread for the past several days Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
What about using Sea Kelp Bioferment as the gel?

I've seen some studies that aloe *may* contribute to cancer when exposed to sunlight, so I'm not sure I'd want to push it deeper.

Sea kelp has some good nutrients, mix it with HA (or Sqoom gel) and a little glycerine and it should have a good slip. My Merbe is still enroute in shipping or I'd try it Very Happy

ETA: just saw the other thread where this was brought up already!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
We're all glued!

Well I got the Rex Kara! Beautiful box and display.

The gel ingredients are not what I thought - here's what they are > water, glycerin, camelia sinensis leaf, arginine, , carbomer, phenoxyethanol, nonoxynol-12, disodium edta

That's it!

Now trying to figure out these directions. Clean or infuse or lift or body or sensitive. Wonder which button does what?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
HELPPPPP!!!

I have no idea what to do with this! There are 5 modes. I'm using #2 because it has all 3 working - ultra, galvanized, infrared.

The diagram shows arrows of direction it is supposed to be used then it says circular movements? How long do I use this? And where?

Could someone who has one of these come on and tell me the best way to use this? I'm also seeing why you need a cheap gel on top!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Jae, I would start a new thread on the Rex Kara since the Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola instructions are going to be totally different.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I read them both, they are the same technique.

I'm getting it. What I was trying to figure out is how to use it, circular motions? Which areas? I think I'm just going to use a circular motion where I need it for now, marionette lines. And jaw line.

My skin feels crazy soft after using this! I can hear a slight hum and feel a little of the buzz in my teeth, that's galvanic - I've used that before and felt it.

I'm going to call the company tomorrow and get some more tips!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
We're all glued!

Well I got the Rex Kara! Beautiful box and display.

The gel ingredients are not what I thought - here's what they are > water, glycerin, camelia sinensis leaf, arginine, , carbomer, phenoxyethanol, nonoxynol-12, disodium edta

That's it!

Phenoxyethanol is the ingredient that Daler said is often used to preserve Sea Kelp Bioferment, though it's rarely listed.

If it's being used in the RK gel, perhaps the low concentration in SKB (and I'm sure it's low, especially if it's a small enough quantity that it doesn't have to be listed) won't cause ill effects?

If I go for the Merbe, I think I'll experiment with a mix of Skin Fix and SKB from SkinEssentialActives as a gel. Assuming the SKB is affordable, that is, but I don't recall it being super expensive, and it would still be more economical than the Sqoom gel. I guess I'd have to take my chances with whatever LMW HA I can find.

Apologies to all -- I know this is drifting from the topic! Looking for possible alternatives to Sqoom gel is at least tangentially related, I suppose..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Apologies to all -- I know this is drifting from the topic! Looking for possible alternatives to Sqoom gel is at least tangentially related, I suppose..

Yes it is related, and I definitely appreciate your input!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:55 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
I read them both, they are the same technique.

I'm getting it. What I was trying to figure out is how to use it, circular motions? Which areas? I think I'm just going to use a circular motion where I need it for now, marionette lines. And jaw line.

My skin feels crazy soft after using this! I can hear a slight hum and feel a little of the buzz in my teeth, that's galvanic - I've used that before and felt it.

I'm going to call the company tomorrow and get some more tips!

Wow! In your teeth? Maybe your device is a bit stronger. I get a nice hum from sqoom/fyola and warmth on some settings, but no sensation in the teeth. But I think we read an article that said the 2mhz penetrates more deeply? And your device is closer to 2mhz. Cool!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I just had a very interesting conversation with the distributor of this Rex-Kara in the USA.

Here's what I learned - the reason that I was able to get this for less money is that Rex-Kara in Germany is a distributor of this device. I bought the device from the distributor in the USA. The device is the same, the difference is that the German company created their own serums to go with the device. This device, from different distributors, all come from the exact same company in Korea.

For me - I didn't want the serums that the German company makes anyway because they use too many chemicals. So this is perfect for me. The wonderful woman I spoke with at the USA distributor is using the Rex-Kara, too. She uses it with Fresh or Khiels skincare.

I've given her the link to this thread and if you have questions on ultra sound she said that she can help answer them. They are selling this particular product through Newegg and or were offering the extra $100 off that I got. Not sure how long that promotion lasts!

She is in direct communication with the Korean manufacturer. Is this making sense? Hope so!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Why would a Rex-Kara person post on the Sqoom thread?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

Phenoxyethanol is the ingredient that Daler said is often used to preserve Sea Kelp Bioferment, though it's rarely listed.

LBS, thank you for all of your ideas! Are you thinking that the Phenoxyethanol is an unsafe product?

Here's what I'm thinking now - I don't want to push many products very deep into my skin. I want to start off with a very, very week product and see what happens. I'm not yet sure how safe I think this is as we all know the products go right into the blood stream. So I'm going to apply very little Anti-aging serum, with a light coat of glycerin on top.

I am hoping more that the actual ultrasound plus galvonic features help the skin, rather than the products. Like my LED - it's the light that helps the skin more so than the serum. The woman at Rex Kara also thinks that the gel is the least important part of this.

I am going to start off very slowly and see how this works!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

This is a Sqoom thread and yet Merbe and Fyola and Rex Kara and serums of all kinds are all being talked about at great length.

I thought it might be helpful to have someone knowledgeable add to the conversation no matter which of these devices anyone uses. She doesn't know how this forum works and if people don't want her to - she doesn't need to spend her time.

If anyone wants to ask her a question PM me and I'll send you her info and you can call the company!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
bethany wrote:

This is a Sqoom thread and yet Merbe and Fyola and Rex Kara and serums of all kinds are all being talked about at great length.

Fyola, Merbe and Sqoom are variations of the same product. It would be helpful if this Sqoom thread was limited to Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola discussion/results.

I'd love to see one of the new Rex Kara owners start a dedicated Rex Kara thread (and have the RK rep contribute over there) so I can read about your results, and what products you find work best, etc Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Since I'm the only Rex-Kara user here - it would be a very sparse thread.

OK - I'm going to keep following all of your wonderful ideas. If anyone wants to hear about the results of the RK2 you can message me in a few weeks!

Looking forward to trying this!
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm disappointed by this. I have the fyola, but it is the modality that interests me, as that is what we have the device for. I was very interested in anything she could share and think the information is absolutely cross referential both ways. I never understand this kind of thing. Please start an RK thread to share Jae Blue. I am interested in anything I can learn about ultrasound, and think it should be of interest to anyone using any ultrasound device. I also prefer it to be in one thread rather than three, but I must be unusual.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
There are just too many threads, I agree! Who has time to jump and scroll thread to thread to thread? I don't. Or to be the only poster on a thread.

Maybe we should take this over to the other thread that was started on general info on - at-home ultrasonic devices? Wherever that one is.

It's all the same technology with different names attached.

Anyway, I'm sure by now she's read through here and can see her advice is not welcomed on this page.

Thank you so much Idealist for recommending the RK. It's the exact MHz I was looking for and now I have a direct number to the Korea Co. and customer service = wonderful!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist, this is for you!

She did want me to add > "This company focuses on selling the device more than the gel. The founding theory of Ahrong Eltech was to utilize the advanced technologies built in the device to enhance and maximize results from user's own daily skin care products that are suitable for their own skins. This is also why the German partner saw the potential of our device and bundled it with their own line of skin care products."

And sells if for a lot more.

OK back to Sqoom for all of you! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |