Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cross posting...not everything has to be expensive!

Quote:
I used the BioWave tonight after finishing up my Sqoom/Merbe/Fyola massage and lifting session, and was still able to see some additional lifting on my marionette lines from the cheapie $14 Biowave microcurrent unit.

Between the 2 devices, I am benefitting from ultrasound, galvanic, and microcurrent...and I am a happy camper thus far.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I might order some of that. I'll specify to the seller that I want the one in the purple tube, though, in case he just randomly selects a gel.

For all we know, your tube may have the same ingredients! I wish we had someone that could read the bottle, or that we could find it online and try to translate it. But no such luck so far.

I just tried scanning the back of the grey tube, running it through OCR and then various online translation services without much success. In terms of ingredients, all I could make out was silicone oil and Beta-Glucans.

BTW, my Merbe from Bethany's ebay seller also came with a worldwide travel adaptor:

This universal adaptor is a compact one piece unit with 4 international adaptors and provides a child protection safety shutter, power indicator light and surge protector. This item will fit plugs in Europe / UK / USA / China / Australia / Spain and almost every country in the world.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
FYI that while I am seeing more rapid results on my forehead with the Sqoom gels, I am not seeing the same results on my chest. But that may be because I am not spending as much treatment time there.

Full update and recommendations to come in the next couple of weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
......I ordered some more of the Fyola cleansing/massage gel that contains HA. I have not been able to get the complete ingredient list......Image......

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
......This is the gel he sent me. I've been Googling, but I can't find it listed or described anywhere - only the "Skin Food" or the "Toning gel" in the purple bottle......
Image......

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=jjuyah&logNo=40190953544

Translated in English
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2FPostView.nhn%3FblogId%3Djjuyah%26logNo%3D40190953544&act=url

My friend helped me to call Lotts up and they confirmed her that blue & silver gray gel were the same.

Also, from the above link, it also says that the ingredients of both gel are identical to each other.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 - THANK YOU!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Beth - Glad to see you back!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Beth - Glad to see you back!!

Summer, I am going to take a break (lots going on), but will still be reading as time permits. But I was totally appreciative of your info above and just wanted to share my thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
FYI that I have noticed that after I have used the Sqoom gels I am able to roll "something" off my face....I am not sure if it is silicones or dead skin, but will be trying a few things to narrow that down.

In the meantime, I am seeing some significant improvement on my forehead lines (over just using the Fyola HA gel or Environ HA gel) and will be reordering the Sqoom gels to continue my test.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
FYI that I have noticed that after I have used the Sqoom gels I am able to roll "something" off my face....I am not sure if it is silicones or dead skin, but will be trying a few things to narrow that down.

FYI that it looks like this was mostly dead skin from a lactic acid peel I did a few weeks ago. I used the Cure, and removed the majority of it...no weird rolls after the treatment tonight, thank goodness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
A quick update....the Sqoom MedGel RO appears to be reducing the rosacea redness on my face, and the rings on my neck are greatly reduced as well.

I am using the Merbe pretty much every day, and am very impressed thus far with the results. I attribute this to both the device and the HA based gels.

Unfortunately, the one area I am seeing zero improvement is on the upper eyelid...no lift at all, but I am going to continue focusing on that in hopes of a miracle. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I usually apply my Epionce MelanoLyte before the Sqoom gels, but tonight I applied the Epionce Lytic, then the MelanoLyte, and then the Sqoom gels before using the Merbe....I will not be doing that again because my face now feels like it is on fire. Shock Embarassed Shock

Not every active is meant for deeper penetration, and I am guessing the Lytic salicylic acid is one that should be used without a device. Embarassed
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Merbe a total of 4 times and I am VERY impressed I must say! (using the Fyola gel that came with for the cleanse step & Le Mieux Calming gel for massage & lifting)

Fine lines have already diminished overall - esp on my forehead where they are nearly gone! (they were not severe before tho) Also my neck rings also are improved & neck loose skin is be ever so slightly tighter! Very Happy Very Happy I look forward to what the next wks will bring.

I do have a question for those with the Merbe/Fyola/SQOOM. How do we know we are actually getting US? (other than the red light lights up when conducting properly) I can feel the galvanic (esp on the massage setting) but of course US cannot be felt. (although on my 2 and 3 mhz US devices they do feel quite warm - I know 1mhz is not supposed to get as warm)

BTW if there was ever any doubt that the Merbe is the Sqoom this may squelch that - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-/111185832680?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item19e3312ae8

Of course if you REALLY want to you can buy a SQOOM with swarovski crystals for about $1700! Shock Laughing Shock
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:

I do have a question for those with the Merbe/Fyola/SQOOM. How do we know we are actually getting US?

Take a drop or two of water and put it on the head of the gadget. While holding the side of the machine, take your finger and touch the side of the head and the water will vibrate. That way you know it is working.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
I have used the Merbe a total of 4 times and I am VERY impressed I must say! (using the Fyola gel that came with for the cleanse step & Le Mieux Calming gel for massage & lifting)

Fine lines have already diminished overall - esp on my forehead where they are nearly gone! (they were not severe before tho) Also my neck rings also are improved & neck loose skin is be ever so slightly tighter! Very Happy Very Happy I look forward to what the next wks will bring.

Cabrita, I am glad you are seeing progress so quickly. I previously had a 2mhz ultrasound, and felt it did nothing for me. However, this one WORKS, so it must be the combo of the galvanic + ultrasound.

At this point I am on week 5, and am going to do a full review (including the Sqoom gels) once I finish my home move later this month.
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
How do we know we are actually getting US? (other than the red light lights up when conducting properly) I can feel the galvanic (esp on the massage setting) but of course US cannot be felt. (although on my 2 and 3 mhz US devices they do feel quite warm - I know 1mhz is not supposed to get as warm)

Just a note: The frequency determines how deep the waves go, the intensity will heat the tissue, so you have to look at the energy delivered (it is in the specs). The energy accumulates, so if one uses the device longer, the tissue will receive more energy and will get warmer. With the 1 MHz devices one needs to be careful not to overuse it, as it may heat the very thin membrane around the facial bones (this is to be avoided).

Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
light123 wrote:
cabrita wrote:
How do we know we are actually getting US? (other than the red light lights up when conducting properly) I can feel the galvanic (esp on the massage setting) but of course US cannot be felt. (although on my 2 and 3 mhz US devices they do feel quite warm - I know 1mhz is not supposed to get as warm)

Just a note: The frequency determines how deep the waves go, the intensity will heat the tissue, so you have to look at the energy delivered (it is in the specs). The energy accumulates, so if one uses the device longer, the tissue will receive more energy and will get warmer. With the 1 MHz devices one needs to be careful not to overuse it, as it may heat the very thin membrane around the facial bones (this is to be avoided).

Light

Maybe that is why Sqoom recommends not treating an area for more than 20 mins.
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie - TY for your response. Water vibrates when I spray my 2 & 3mhz US units so I was puzzled as to why the Merbe did not. But your test did work! Smile Are you still seeing results with this?

Bethany - Looking forward to your review - but it sounds like it could end up costing me $ - Laughing Also GOOD LUCK with your move! Hope things go smoothly! Smile

Light - Yes that is true about the 1mhz. And I am very careful not to run it for very long on any one area. Also I made sure that I purchased a unit that allows galvanic use only in the various modes as this does. I am also using it on Low & Ion only around my eyes & upper cheeks. Caution is advised! If I were to use it more often than I have been (say every other day or daily) I would go to ion only on the additional days.
light123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Great Cabrita, sounds like you are squeezing every juice out of your device, with a caution of course. And it works for you so well!

Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
I am also using it on Low & Ion only around my eyes & upper cheeks. Caution is advised! If I were to use it more often than I have been (say every other day or daily) I would go to ion only on the additional days.

Hmmm....I have not been doing this!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Cookie - Are you still seeing results with this?

I have kind of hit a wall on improvements. I have recently started back doing ReAura treatments twice a week. I do a Merbe treatment once or twice a week also. I was waiting a day after a ReAura treatment but my skin seems to recover (not as dry/ skin plumper) if I do a treatment the day after instead. I saw this same thing when I had a bad experience with the DermaJet. The Merbe allowed my skin to recover much faster then I think I would have otherwise.

So for the most part my forehead lines are still improved. My neck lines are better. Chest lines a little better. I was seeing a tiny lift in my ML lines but unfortunately that hasn't continued but it has only been a few weeks since I noticed improvement so I'm hoping I just need more time.

I have ordered some Sqoom gels. I will see how that goes. Overall I'm still happy with the Merbe.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Cookie - I always appreciate your unbiased reviews!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Thx Cookie - I always appreciate your unbiased reviews!

Thanks Cabrita. You know how it is. You see results and you always want more. The Merbe is one of the few things I would buy again since joining EDS. It is easy to use once you figure out what program and gels work best for your skin. I still only use mine a couple times a week. I do think more is not always better.

I may try to use it without the US like someone mentioned on a thread today. I hadn't thought of that.

ETA: I don't mean to imply that others should only do a couple treatments a week. It is just what works best for me. Your results may differ. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I am about to pull the trigger on another gadget purchase and it's good to see that several here have been happy with the Merbe.

Cookie - which topicals have you used with the Merbe with the most success?

I need to go get some tea now, lol...skimming through all the gadget threads here this morning has left me exhausted...so much passion! LOL

BFG

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Cookie - which topicals have you used with the Merbe with the most success?

BFG- I really don't have a definitive answer for you because it is still a work in progress. Below is a list of things I have tried so far

Babyface pure hyaluronic acid
SA sea kelp coral
Dermapen HA-boost
Dermapen pigment stabilizer
Biostetics peptide serum
Le Mieux O2 calming gel
Le Mieux RX complex serum
Le Mieux TGF-b booster

Probably out if that list I like the Le Mieux best so far. I think most if not all of their serum come in a HA base instead of water. Also I can use their serums just on my skin without the Merbe and I like that. The O2 calming gel can be used with the Merbe or microcurrent and since I have both it is a good multipurpose product also.
Plus you get 6 oz. for $20 so it's a good value.

I have the Dermapen products left over from needling. I don't really see any difference between their HA and the much cheaper Babyface HA
I have. I am about out of both and plan on just making my own HA and see how that goes.

The SA sea kelp coral was ok for slip but I didn't see any kind of other results from using it.

The Biostetics peptide gel is ok but will not be repurchasing it.

I do have some Sqoom gels on order. Hopefully they will get here in a week or so. I ordered 4 of the Hydragels so I should be able to do a proper test and see if I can tell any difference.
I would really like to not like them because they are really pricey and have to be ordered from overseas.

If I were you I would start out with an HA product. Either DIY or something inexpensive. I would also have some kind of serum/peptide product that you want to use and see how it goes.
I am not bought into the LW HA yet. I would like to see more proof they are the way to go. For now
I am sticking with just regular weight HA.

ETA: I don't have any affiliation with Le Mieux or any of the products mentioned above.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I am not bought into the LW HA yet. I would like to see more proof they are the way to go. For now
I am sticking with just regular weight HA.

CookieD, I think the HA in Sqoom gel is LW HA, just a reminder Wink

Light

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |