Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

My Merbe shall arrive next week & I will make my gel for product penetration.

Do you put any emulsifier to your water soluble serum so as to mix it well with oil? Or just to give it a good shake right before applying to the skin?
bluebell
5% products discount

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I am really looking to buy the Merbe

I have found a product that is easy on my pocket the product I am interested is called (Retriderm protein face serum) ,I have listed the ingredients, would you say it is suitable to use with the Merbe
I would appreciate any comments
Thanks

Water, Soluble Collagen, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Retinol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Octoxynol-9, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Quaternium-15, Yellow No 5.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

If you guys want to give a DIY gel a shot just let me know.. I promise, you will be pleasantly surprised (and have plenty of $$$ to buy more gadgets..lol)

I would love to have a recipe, Kassy! Smile

Finally picked up my Sqoom at my Mom's last week. It's charging now ...
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy for your imput on the Sqoom gels. It is interesting what you said about adding oil to your serum. Some of the Medgels that Sqoom sells have pure camellia seed oil in them.

BFG- in the brochure I got with the MedGel it says the bio-alcohol is mildly disinfecting. I personally don't think it is bad to push the small amount into my skin but your thoughts my be different. Last night when I did my second treatment I didn't notice the alchol smell even when I put some on my lips and treated them. I'm not sure if I got used to it or it was just when I opened the gel to use for the first time .

Speaking of my lips. Has anyone else noticed that the Merbe plumps their lips? I have a pretty big overbite and it make me look a little bit like Bugs bunny. My lips look good but not so much with the overbite. It is gone by the next morning though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been moving this last week, and have definitely missed Sqooming, even though my skin still looks good. I am looking forward to starting up again this week.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:29 am      Reply with quote
FYI...November specials from Dr Serene's newsletter:

Quote:
Dr Serene special : Any drserene online purchase between $200 and $300 - free gift of Lemon Essential Oils cleanser ( RRP $56) and above $300, free Sqoom moisturiser (RRP $99). Just put drserene in the agent's code. (expires end of November)
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
It is interesting what you said about adding oil to your serum. Some of the Medgels that Sqoom sells have pure camellia seed oil in them.

I've been getting nice results when adding a small amount (as in, 2 or 3 drops) of MCT oil to my DIY gel. I decided on MCT oil specifically because it emulsifies with water and water-based actives.

Quote:
Speaking of my lips. Has anyone else noticed that the Merbe plumps their lips?

Yes, I have! I use the Merbe in the evening and the results last into the following afternoon. I'm hoping that in time, the plumping might even last a bit longer, but I'll take what I can get. Cookie, I'm sorry the lip-plumping is a disadvantage for you - are you using it on low around the lips?

I'll be posting an update soon.

Summer2004, thank you so much for finding the Fyola ingredients! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Cookie, I'm sorry the lip-plumping is a disadvantage for you - are you using it on low around the lips?

Hi Lowbrowscientist- I'm using the medium setting for everything. Do you think the low setting is better for lip and eye area?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy A thank you for your DIY serums.

I'm really getting good results with my RK device, but I would like to use something with less ingredients than the Le Mieux O2 Calming once it runs out - your serum idea sounds perfect. What HA do you use?

I also agree with applying the penetrating serum and waiting before applying the conductive gel. I've been doing that - it's good.

If you ever feel like posting a serum idea for the penetration aspect - would love to read and try! I just added a Vitamin C serum - loving the results.

Thanks for you ideas - keep posting. I'm all ears!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I was reading SkinActives newsletter today. I saw a couple of products that might be able to be used with ultrasound/galvanic gadgets. The dermagen with HA (depending on how you feel about
Matrixyl). They also have a new serum formulation
beginners kit. It includes the dermagen product also. You can mix in different water soluble actives with either of these.

I haven't tried either of these products so I can't say personally how good/bad they are.

http://www.skinactives.com/Dermagen-Hyaluronic-Acid-Natural-Matrixyl.html?utm_source=Customer+List&utm_campaign=b675d2987b-June2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4075eaf4f9-b675d2987b-326237962

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dD1KPr0ov8A&feature=youtube_gdata_player&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DdD1KPr0ov8A%26feature%3Dyoutube_gdata_player

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Here are the ingredients off my box for the Sqoom HyaGel. I am not sure if they are listed anywhere on this thread. I am not crazy about alcohol being the second ingredient. You can definitely smell it when you first put the product on. I just used the Sqoom gel for the first time yesterday so it is too early for any comment on results from the product itself.

Aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) leaf juice, (bio-) Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xylityl-
Glucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Lepidium sativum sprout extract, Lecithin, Inula viscosa extract, Xylitol, Xanthan gum, Sodium acrylates/ c10-30 Alkyl acrylates crosspolymer

Hi Cookie, I was wondering how the Sqoom gel was working for you? How would you compare it to the Le Mieux calming gel?
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi Cookie, I was wondering how the Sqoom gel was working for you? How would you compare it to the Le Mieux calming gel?

I have only had a chance to do 3 treatments with the Sqoom gel. I am not really comfortable comparing results yet because it is too soon. As far as consistency, texture etc. I think the calming gel doesn't dry out quite as fast and is a little thicker. The calming gel has more organic ingredients. I will say at the end of my Sqoom gel test it will have to be considerably better for me to think the additional cost is worth it but like I said early I think it is too early to judge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

I have only had a chance to do 3 treatments with the Sqoom gel. I am not really comfortable comparing results yet because it is too soon. As far as consistency, texture etc. I think the calming gel doesn't dry out quite as fast and is a little thicker. The calming gel has more organic ingredients. I will say at the end of my Sqoom gel test it will have to be considerably better for me to think the additional cost is worth it but like I said early I think it is too early to judge.

Thanks for the update. I'll be interested in what you think of the Sqoom gels after using them for longer. I recently started using the Le Mieux gel and do find it doesn't dry out much. Compared to the other gels I've tried, you can use less of the Le Mieux. I've not tried the Sqoom gels yet.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I can tell you that I have seen better results using the Sqoom gels than I did with Fyola gel or even the Environ HA gel...the lines on my forehead seemed to diminish far more with the Sqoom gel.

However, I really prefer the Sqoom MedGels to the HyaGel, which evaporates super quickly and it seems like you end up using far more than you should need to. The MedGel RO is twice the amount, has a creamier texture, and doesn't need to be spritzed a gazillion times like the HyaGel does. Plus it has done a super job at reducing redness on my cheeks...better than anything else I have tried.

I checked in with Dr. Serene on this, and she said people using the MedGels have also reported wrinkle reduction. At this point I am using 1 squirt of the HyaGel mixed with a squirt of MedGel RO....I am using way less gel overall, which makes it much less expensive over time. Plus way less spritzing. Because I really like the RO redness reduction, I will most likely continue using this gel combination for a while.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I look in the mirror and can't get over the improvements I'm seeing. And then I'm left with - how?

Does anyone really understand what the combo of galvanic and US does to the skin or the muscles underneath? It can't be collagen, because that takes months to start improving. Does it firm muscles?

It works - but how? Any idea anyone?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
I look in the mirror and can't get over the improvements I'm seeing. And then I'm left with - how?

Does anyone really understand what the combo of galvanic and US does to the skin or the muscles underneath? It can't be collagen, because that takes months to start improving. Does it firm muscles?

It works - but how? Any idea anyone?

I posted some of the Fyola clinical studies earlier in the thread. I'll see if I can track them down for you when I get some free time.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to understand the science better! Thanks, Bethany!
bluebell
5% products discount

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 am      Reply with quote
just received my Merbe, the red light on the back of the Merbe blinks when I have Gel on and when I do not have any gel it still blinks, is this correct, I'm not certain, but I thought some one said when they did not have any gel on the red light did not come on. I want to be sure it is working correctly
thanks
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 am      Reply with quote
bluebell wrote:
just received my Merbe, the red light on the back of the Merbe blinks when I have Gel on and when I do not have any gel it still blinks, is this correct, I'm not certain, but I thought some one said when they did not have any gel on the red light did not come on. I want to be sure it is working correctly
thanks

Bluebell, the red light should blink only when your Merbe is in contact with your skin. It doesn't matter if there is gel on your skin or not. HTHs.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
thanks Doodle, I was worried I had a defect model, you never know when buying from ebay
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Merbe, but it didn't come with a universal adapter cord, so now I am at a loss at the best one to buy.
Can anyone recommend a good universal adapter (for US use)?
bluebell
5% products discount

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alexya, my Merbe came yesterday, I used my travel adapter that came with my high frequency gadget, as the voltage is the same, It does say on the sqoom website on the instructions page
100-240v AC meaning that you use the device while traveling everywhere around the world. everything is working on mine so far. Happy merbing
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
thanks Bluebell, I do have my manual and will go out and see what Radio Shack has that can help me. I don't have any other devices that require an adapter.
And BTW the gels that came with mine from Bethany's supplier came with 4 tubes of some kind of snail based products LOL I may give it a try but have my Baby Q serum ready to use long haul.
Thanks again to Kassy for her suggestions on DIY gels for this. I like the idea of being able to control what gets pushed in, and adding my own favorites to the actives.( would a snail be considered an " inactive"?) LOL
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
A basic converter to US works.

I have one similar to this:
http://www.amazon.com/DEHANG-Multifunction-Universal-Charger-Convertor/dp/B00EQ3XSRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384015767&sr=8-1&keywords=multifunction+power++us+adapter
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi merbe/sqoom users - I now have my sqoom and sqoom gels and have been using for a week - when did you start to see improvements? Am following the protocol and only using massage and nutrition at the moment - thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |