Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Havana,
Here is a link to the English version (sqoom). I like this version better because it has the suggested schedule for the first six weeks, as well as the illustrations of the different patterns you use for the different settings.
http://www.sqoom.com/uploads/media/114.201304.EN_manual_M2_01.pdf

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll PM it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:28 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Are there English instructions for the Merbe somewhere? I'm finally charging mine up and notice that the enclosed booklets are in Korean with occasional English words / headings. TIA!

Havana, here are 2 to get you started. FYI that the Merbe is the same as the Sqoom M1 and the older Fyola.

Quote:
Sqoom Manual (since the Merbe manual is in Korean):
http://www.sqoom.com/uploads/media/105.201303.EN-SQOOM_antiAge_manual-portrait.pdf

Orginal Fyola Manual (differs a bit from Sqoom manual above):
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/98303279/A-clean-and-clear-skin

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, ladies. Embarrassingly, it appears I had the cord that goes to the charger base plugged in upside down, and so, an orange light. Embarassed I have the red charging light now...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Havana, what products are you going to be using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I started using the Sqoom gels on my lips to plump up the volume, but the alcohol base base of the Hyagel seems to be making them peel. I am going to continue the test for a bit longer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
what effects have you noticed with your lips?
I did circles in the area around my lips, but didn't put it directly on the lips and wonder if that is what you are doing. I thought my lips felt puffier after my last treatment but didn't look in the mirror to see.
And since I have the Merbe that has the Ion and Ultra settings separately, I wondered if you were doing them on high. I have done all my treatments on high except the last one, after I read someone's post about moving it down to medium. I think using the sqoom gels with their high HA content would be most likely to help cause this effect, which I would love to see. I wonder if some kind of lighter oil on your lips or applying it right after would block the alcohol but would still allow penetration of the HA and actives.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone say what purpose the alcohol in the gels serves? Is it for consistency of the gel, assistance with formulating the actives?
Where are my DIY mentors?
If we could figure out what its purpose was, we could figure out how to eliminate it, maybe...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Bethany,
what effects have you noticed with your lips?
I did circles in the area around my lips, but didn't put it directly on the lips and wonder if that is what you are doing. I thought my lips felt puffier after my last treatment but didn't look in the mirror to see.
And since I have the Merbe that has the Ion and Ultra settings separately, I wondered if you were doing them on high. I have done all my treatments on high except the last one, after I read someone's post about moving it down to medium. I think using the sqoom gels with their high HA content would be most likely to help cause this effect, which I would love to see. I wonder if some kind of lighter oil on your lips or applying it right after would block the alcohol but would still allow penetration of the HA and actives.

I put the unit directly on my lips, and have both the galvanic and the ultrasound at Medium (I think...I need to revisit the manual!). The lips themselves do look puffier since I started this 2 days ago, and the peeling is honestly not that bad. I am just going to exfoliate with a microfiber cloth and keep doing it for now.

Someone suggested earlier that the alcohol may act in a preservative capacity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Sqoom gels for about 6 weeks at about twice a week. I do think they are working better then the other products I was using. I didn't really see any differences until about week 4. My skin was pretty soft and fresh right away but as far as plumping etc. that took about 4 weeks.

I still have a tiny bit left in my first bottle of Hydra gel. I find I use less if I only put a 1/4 or 1/2 squirt on the head at a time and then dot the head around the area I am going to treat. Just like you would dot foundation around your face but I use the head of the Merbe instead of my fingers. I end up using more then a full squirt on each section but it doesn't dry out as fast if you do, less more often.

I am not sure what it is in the gels that makes them work better then the products I was using. I hate to recommend them because of the expense but
I do really like them. I will add some of the Sqoom Medgels down the line to try and spread out the product longer to cut down on the cost. I haven't yet because I ordered 4 bottles of the Hydragel and since there is no preservatives in them I want to make sure I use them up first.

I think I read somewhere that the alchol helped with product penetration but I'm not sure. I also
use the Merbe right on top of my lips and have seen an increase in puffiness but it doesn't last to long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, I use WAY more gel than you...I am going to try and be more stingy with it and see how things look then.

I personally think that the secret to the Sqoom gels is the particle size...that is why they now have the HyaGel and the new Boost gel that supposedly stays closer to the surface. They couldn't do that without changing the particle size.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Cookie, I use WAY more gel than you...I am going to try and be more stingy with it and see how things look then.

I personally think that the secret to the Sqoom gels is the particle size...that is why they now have the HyaGel and the new Boost gel that supposedly stays closer to the surface. They couldn't do that without changing the particle size.

Bethany, I started out using more the first 3 weeks but it seemed like it wasn't drying out quite as fast starting around week 4. I really think the doting around the face helped. At first I was just putting it on the head and then the head to the face. It seemed like the first spot it touched on my face sucked up all the product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I just remembered I also still use the LeMieux serums as my actives and they are made with an HA base instead of water so that might help me extend the Hydragel also. It might help that I have oily to normal skin also instead of dry. Just throwing things out there. I think I already said these things somewhere. Maybe even in this thread. Confused

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Havana, what products are you going to be using?

I'll probably get some of the Sqoom gels at some point but for now I'm starting with the Fyola Aesthetic Gel, the LeMieux Calming 02 Gel and two of the LeMieux serums.

Regarding the bio-alcohol, the descriptions of almost all the medgels in the manuals say, "Mildly disinfecting through bio-alcohol". Interestingly, most of them also seem to have micro-silver, "healing and protecting against pathogenic germs through amorphous micro-silver in its purest form."

I think someone mentioned that we shouldn't use oils with the Merbe but it looks as if the NE, PS and NA gels all have "pure camellia seed oil" in them. I wonder if that means that some oils are acceptable?
havana8

Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Looks like they are launching new products in response to customer feedback similar to ours:

xCential acqua+ is a specially-developed vitamin water spray which is used to prevent SQOOM gels and crèmes from drying out too quickly on the skin, particularly in the early stages of the SQOOM treatment programme when the skin is rapidly absorbing the active ingredients. Additionally, the gentle ingredients in xCential acqua+ spray provide extra moisture to the skin, which is ideal for anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

Commenting on the new products, Helmut Schick from Schick Medical, the company behind SQOOM says: “We have been developing a range of new products for the past 18 months and these two are the first to be launched. All our new products have been created in response to feedback from customers and we are confident that they will improve the overall user-experience. In particular, some customers found they were using high levels of gels when they first began using SQOOM, so we developed xCential acqua+ spray to ensure they not only use less gel but that the gel also lasts longer on their skin.”

http://www.schick-medical.de/english/press/2013-08-02-sqoom-launches-two-new-products.html
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Nice catch Havana!
I am hoping that some of the oils I have from Pratima and MVO will work with the Merbe but want to see the gels first.
It makes sense that if the company is providing a device and product that will go deep into your skin, that they better be sure it's clean enough to not cause any infections.
Did you get the Fyola gel with your device, or order it separately? Is it available to order to the US without prohibitively high shipping?
I love the cleansing function, and the few times I have used my Baby Quasar serum with my actives I liked the results.
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've now read all three (I think that's all of them) threads about ultrasonic and am still reading via web searches, when I ran across a site in the US that offers SQOOM treatments. I don't know if they would sell the gels to people seeking them, but it may be worth a shot. I don't recall seeing this place mentioned before but apologies in advance if it was.

http://www.smoothsynergy.com/skin-rejuvenation/sqoom/
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
OK,who lives near NYC and can go pay them a visit? I read about their services and while it seems unlikely they would sell us gel, where do they get theirs?
Are there enough of us to consider a mass order for sqoom gels?
I'd rather convince some department store to carry them.

Out of curiosity, if we could get an order together, how much would each of you want? I am thinking around $500 worth for myself. (Don't tell my DH! Laughing ) If we know how many people would want to buy them, and how much each person would want, I will try to find some way to make it happen(I am out of work right now so need a challenge hmm
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking to buy Merbe, and then some gels, of course.

Can someone recommend where to buy?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
I've now read all three (I think that's all of them) threads about ultrasonic and am still reading via web searches, when I ran across a site in the US that offers SQOOM treatments. I don't know if they would sell the gels to people seeking them, but it may be worth a shot. I don't recall seeing this place mentioned before but apologies in advance if it was.

http://www.smoothsynergy.com/skin-rejuvenation/sqoom/

Alexya wrote:
OK,who lives near NYC and can go pay them a visit? I read about their services and while it seems unlikely they would sell us gel, where do they get theirs?
Are there enough of us to consider a mass order for sqoom gels?
I'd rather convince some department store to carry them.

Out of curiosity, if we could get an order together, how much would each of you want? I am thinking around $500 worth for myself. (Don't tell my DH! Laughing ) If we know how many people would want to buy them, and how much each person would want, I will try to find some way to make it happen(I am out of work right now so need a challenge hmm

I contacted them again Friday about purchasing gels and am awaiting a reply. FYI per previous discussions with them that they are not an official distributor since the sqoom is not approved in the US.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for staying on top of all things squoom, Bethany! Very Happy
Do you know if they will only make it available professionally to users or if there is home use with gels in our future?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Thanks for staying on top of all things squoom, Bethany! Very Happy
Do you know if they will only make it available professionally to users or if there is home use with gels in our future?

All I have heard so far is that the corporation that owns Sqoom is not focusing on FDA approval right now since they have so much opportunity in other countries (and it takes make years and $$$ to get something FDA approved).

However, that should not mean that we are not allowed access to the innocent gels, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
bethany wrote:

Looks like they are launching new products in response to customer feedback similar to ours:

xCential acqua+ is a specially-developed vitamin water spray which is used to prevent SQOOM gels and crèmes from drying out too quickly on the skin, particularly in the early stages of the SQOOM treatment programme when the skin is rapidly absorbing the active ingredients. Additionally, the gentle ingredients in xCential acqua+ spray provide extra moisture to the skin, which is ideal for anyone with dry or sensitive skin.

Commenting on the new products, Helmut Schick from Schick Medical, the company behind SQOOM says: “We have been developing a range of new products for the past 18 months and these two are the first to be launched. All our new products have been created in response to feedback from customers and we are confident that they will improve the overall user-experience. In particular, some customers found they were using high levels of gels when they first began using SQOOM, so we developed xCential acqua+ spray to ensure they not only use less gel but that the gel also lasts longer on their skin.”

http://www.schick-medical.de/english/press/2013-08-02-sqoom-launches-two-new-products.html

FYI that prior to developing their pricey spray, Sqoom was recommending spritzing with mineral water. I am sticking to that with the Avene spray since it is so cheap.

Also, regarding the Booster gel...I suspect this is a larger size HA gel that will stay closer to the surface of the skin and show more immediate results asap. But note that it only lasts 24 hours.

Quote:
The xCential booster provides an immediate moisture boost which lasts for up to 24-hours. The skin feels immediately firmer, with an instant lift. Its tighter, brighter appearance is achieved through the use of a unique water-free formulation which contains highly concentrated levels of hyaluronic acid. The booster can be used on its own; with the SQOOM handset for even faster results. In tests, over 90% of subjects experienced immediate improvements in their skin’s texture and appearance. (Test with 74 subjects between 24-73 years of age)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

I think someone mentioned that we shouldn't use oils with the Merbe but it looks as if the NE, PS and NA gels all have "pure camellia seed oil" in them. I wonder if that means that some oils are acceptable?

Glad you brought this up. I was considering purchasing the NE gel. I noticed the oil in it too. I guess they wouldn't put it in there if it interfered with the ultrasound. It probably is only a small amount anyway.
In regards to the acqua+, I think it has been out for a few months now. I would follow bethany's suggestion and use a mineral water spritz.
havana8

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I am looking to buy Merbe, and then some gels, of course.

Can someone recommend where to buy?

TIA

Sigma, I purchased mine from the ebay seller that Bethany recommended / shared. It arrived with a tube of the Fyola Aesthetic Gel and an international converter. I think this is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-EMS-3-6days-Free-/190849168061?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2c6f7f32bd

Alexya, here's the info Bethany shared on the Fyola Aesthetic Gel from the same ebay seller:

Bethany wrote:
$15 for a big tube...I ordered 3, and with fast shipping (3-6 days from Korea) it was $65.

HTHs!
havana8

Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:53 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Glad you brought this up. I was considering purchasing the NE gel. I noticed the oil in it too. I guess they wouldn't put it in there if it interfered with the ultrasound. It probably is only a small amount anyway.
In regards to the acqua+, I think it has been out for a few months now. I would follow bethany's suggestion and use a mineral water spritz.

Thanks for the suggestion and the reminder! I forgot I had purchased the Avene Thermal Spring Water when I first read this thread prior to ordering my Merbe. I'll have to dig that out.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |