Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD,

thank you so much.
I was not sure my unit was working, but tried your test and it very clearly does.

Thank you so much!

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
desertbell, your first post was worth waiting for! "sqoom"ing involves gel and a cold mechanical device, and that's all I'm sayin'! Laughing

Shock Allrightythen

Sounds like something I need to check out. Laughing Laughing
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got my Sqoom gels from Dr.Serene and just finished my treatment with them. I did the massage and lift tonight.
I tried to use the gels sparingly, and used the Hyagel, then added the Fyola skin food gel when I needed more gel, spritzing with water along the way.
Now that I am finished, I still feel that I need a moisturizer- as the gels dry, they leave a film on your face.
Does anyone else feel that they need more moisturizer, or is it just the dry down from the gel I am experiencing?
I did use my DIY CE Ferulic before I applied the gels, and let it soak in for several minutes before I applied the gels.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:46 am      Reply with quote
If I sqoom at night I leave the gels on and have never felt the need for moisturizer and If I sqoom during the day I leave them on for a few hours before washing off and applying my usual stuff - it does feel like I'm wearing a mask however - maybe it's because they are so expensive that I'm willing to put up with the mask-like feel!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the gels leave a film on your face, and I actually wipe mine off and apply my regular moisturizer. I tried leaving them on, but preferred my usual stuff.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Is this ( Merbe, Sqoom) the device I want? I am 60 and seeing some lack of firmness in the jawline and neck as well as undereye area. I was over on TIA and put the ultrarenew plus in my cart, but it was out of stock. Then I started reading here on EDS and am wondering if this device is really what I need. I use Atralin and have a cheap but effective ( when I use it) LED, but feel an ultrasound device may be what I need for a bit of firming/ lifting. Am I on the right track?
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
SweetishBlonde wrote:
Is this ( Merbe, Sqoom) the device I want? I am 60 and seeing some lack of firmness in the jawline and neck as well as undereye area. I was over on TIA and put the ultrarenew plus in my cart, but it was out of stock. Then I started reading here on EDS and am wondering if this device is really what I need. I use Atralin and have a cheap but effective ( when I use it) LED, but feel an ultrasound device may be what I need for a bit of firming/ lifting. Am I on the right track?

IMHO I'd say for firming/lifting, you'd probably want something to address muscle tone, which is more the area of facial exercise, or a device like a Tua Trend or one of the microcurrent gadgets. I'm a rank newbie with the Merbe/Squoom/Fyola, but while it does have a "lifting" mode, I think of it as an adjunct to one of those other options. At least that's how I'm using it.

I just got my Squoom gels and have only used them twice so it's pretty early for an opinion. I do think my skin feels cool and hydrated after a session. It does seem to plump my skin a lot, which would probably be a boon for someone who has hollowness, but looks odd to me. I like the way it looks later, after that dies down.

I wipe off the excess gel, but don't scrub it off. I put my regular moisturizer on top because the stickiness isn't my fave thing. Hopefully enough product is "squoomed" in that I'm not wasting it. I use it *very* sparingly and spritz a lot of water.
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried sqooming hands?
or would that Pico toner device be better for that? Question
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
SweetishBlonde wrote:

IMHO I'd say for firming/lifting, you'd probably want something to address muscle tone, which is more the area of facial exercise, or a device like a Tua Trend or one of the microcurrent gadgets. I'm a rank newbie with the Merbe/Squoom/Fyola, but while it does have a "lifting" mode, I think of it as an adjunct to one of those other options. At least that's how I'm using it.

I agree with this....I have had much more lifting with my Tua Trend than my Merbe. I personally look at the Merbe's primary functions as dramatically increasing product penetration, as well as increasing circulation through the massage function.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
SweetishBlonde wrote:

Hello there -
Microcurrent for lifting, defining cheekbones, smoothing wrinkles and help tightening around eyes.
Merbe adds an overall integrity to the face, strengthen the jawline somewhat, helps product penetration (probes with microcurrent will do this also). With the right gel, Merbe also seems to add a gloss to the face. I agree with stardustgirl that it is a good adjunct as a lifting device. It is easy to use, you can do a 4 minute quickie if that's all the time you have and it travels well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I wondered if anyone else besides Bethany and myself were using the sqoom "med gels". I got the one for acne since I was hoping it would help my SH.
I used it for the first time tonight. The med gel definitely seems to last longer. I used mine on the "nutrition" setting -- I hope that's the right one!
Anyway, this one seems like a good choice for me because it contains salicylic acid, the BHA which is best for getting into pores.
Bethany does your gel have SA in it, or is it a whitening one? I found some capillaries where I might want to try the whitening one.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:54 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
SweetishBlonde wrote:

Hello there -
Microcurrent for lifting, defining cheekbones, smoothing wrinkles and help tightening around eyes.
Merbe adds an overall integrity to the face, strengthen the jawline somewhat, helps product penetration (probes with microcurrent will do this also). With the right gel, Merbe also seems to add a gloss to the face. I agree with stardustgirl that it is a good adjunct as a lifting device. It is easy to use, you can do a 4 minute quickie if that's all the time you have and it travels well.

Here are the penetration stats for the Merbe done 2 Universities in Japan:

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_2.html

Pictures of improvements:

http://lotts.cafe24.com/eng/en_beauty06_1.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Hi, I wondered if anyone else besides Bethany and myself were using the sqoom "med gels".

I ordered the RO gel (the one for redness). I've only used it once (to make sure my skin was OK with it) as I'm doing a series of peels right now and feel that it wouldn't be used to its best advantage until I'm done with that.

I have a few caps and leftover marks from acne scarring and those are what I'm trying to address. I have that pale Irish/English skin thing going on so anything red *really* shows up on me. Rolling Eyes
SweetishBlonde
5% products discount

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies. I tried to thank you with that heart button but I do not have enough posts.
I am going to shop for the Tua as a start.
I need to check out facial exercises as well. Any idea where to start for someone looking for firming? I will check out threads on here and look at the library for books. Maybe youtube?
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:59 am      Reply with quote
merbe/fyola/rex karaII which obe to buy ??? so confused now please help merbe is 250$ rex kara around 200 and so is fyola ...no sqoom money here ... Embarassed

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:39 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
merbe/fyola/rex karaII which obe to buy ??? so confused now please help merbe is 250$ rex kara around 200 and so is fyola ...no sqoom money here ... Embarassed

If money is an issue, why don't you go for the Rex Kara?

If you buy a Fyola, make sure it is the older model (which looks like the Merbe/Sqoom). The new model (http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/fyola-facial-massager.shtml) is not supposed to be as good.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the reply....sqoom definitely not but all others r close price wise thats why i was asking Smile

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
<snip>BTW if there was ever any doubt that the Merbe is the Sqoom this may squelch that - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-/111185832680?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item19e3312ae8

<snip>

Cabrita, the specs for that one are 50/60 Hz, which would mean its only 0.00005 Mhz, not 1 Mhz like the SQOOM. That doesnt seem to be the same does it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-1-ULTRASONIC-GALVANIC-ION-INFRA-RAY-SKIN-MASSAGER-b-/200464072085?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item2eac96fd95

I searched and found this unit and ordered one for 40 bucks to try it out....second day of use i used cleansing cream/ gel to cleanse and skin was so soft and smooth then tried another of the serums for nutrition mode helps with product penetration ....woke up this morning with a smoother face or just a psychological effect lol but seems to help somewhat.... this has different preset programs and using them 3 mins at a time will report back if any dramatic changes are seen....so far am liking this little cheapie ... Bad Grin

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Merbe is the same as Squoom in terms of power. Mine is.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
cabrita wrote:
<snip>BTW if there was ever any doubt that the Merbe is the Sqoom this may squelch that - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Merbe-Ultrasonic-I-on-Anti-Aging-Skin-Care-Face-Manager-/111185832680?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item19e3312ae8

<snip>

Cabrita, the specs for that one are 50/60 Hz, which would mean its only 0.00005 Mhz, not 1 Mhz like the SQOOM. That doesnt seem to be the same does it?

The add is a bit confusing, as they have listed apparently only the input parameters, but not the functional parameters of the device itself, so 50Hz refers to the electricity from main set.
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:05 am      Reply with quote
So what *is* the functional output of this device light???

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:14 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
So what *is* the functional output of this device light???

I went through the add Fawnie, and there is no mentioning of the frequency or current output, so it must be in the instructions or manual. I don't own the device, so someone who uses it can tell.
Light

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks light. Im just wondering how a knockoff can compare to an original version if the critical function of it isnt disclosed. Ive been burned too many times with cheap-o knockoffs and getting leery of them. Doubt

The BioWave tho ... that little puppy is a keeper!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrow - I posted this on the other ultrasound thread, it might interest you too:

This is the new version of the Fyola - the Fyola Lite.

http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/what-fyola-lite.shtml

It's $249.00 but you can buy it on Ebay for $189.00 (or offer).

Does anyone know the specs of the Fyola lite? Just wondered how it differs from the original Fyola. Any information on it's specifications would be appreciated!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |