Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Sqoom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrow - I posted this on the other ultrasound thread, it might interest you too:

This is the new version of the Fyola - the Fyola Lite.

http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/what-fyola-lite.shtml

It's $249.00 but you can buy it on Ebay for $189.00 (or offer).

Does anyone know the specs of the Fyola lite? Just wondered how it differs from the original Fyola. Any information on it's specifications would be appreciated!

Don't buy this device - I did and returned it. I now have the Merge and it is by far the superior device.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Merge? Or merbe??

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
Merge? Or merbe??

Merbe! Damn that auto correct!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know , I googled it nothing came up and I am like now I can't even search this new "device " and was wondering why the hell it wont come up ....LOL Bad Grin

You know you are obsessed with looking good when you try to google every device n it's specs when someone mentions it doesn't matter if it exists or not Laughing

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, CookieD, LizzieG or anyone else who is using Sqoom gels, could you please tell me what is the expiration date? I am trying to determine how many to order to avoid the shipping cost on a future order but I also don't want to order too much because of the expiration date.

Tnank you very much.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
ladyjean wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Lowbrow - I posted this on the other ultrasound thread, it might interest you too:

This is the new version of the Fyola - the Fyola Lite.

http://www.fyola.com/facialtreatment/what-fyola-lite.shtml

It's $249.00 but you can buy it on Ebay for $189.00 (or offer).

Does anyone know the specs of the Fyola lite? Just wondered how it differs from the original Fyola. Any information on it's specifications would be appreciated!

Don't buy this device - I did and returned it. I now have the Merge and it is by far the superior device.

Thanks Keliu, Is it all the settings on the Sqoom/Merbe that make it superior? That's why I wanted to find out the specs (particularly the watts) of the Fyola lite to see if the ultrasound part was the same as the regular Fyola/Sqoom/Merbe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I don't have the specs. But when the Fyola Lite arrived I was very disappointed in it. I did the "vibrating water" test and it didn't appear to be doing anything. It also doesn't combine galvanic with ultrasound. Considering it is around the same price as the Merbe, IMO it is not the best buy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Sorry, I don't have the specs. But when the Fyola Lite arrived I was very disappointed in it. I did the "vibrating water" test and it didn't appear to be doing anything. It also doesn't combine galvanic with ultrasound. Considering it is around the same price as the Merbe, IMO it is not the best buy.

You should definitely be able to see the water vibrating on the head, even my cheap ebay ultrasound does that at 1 MHZ. I think I will get the Merbe, I was concerned that the quality might be different than the Fyola. After researching it though, I'm pretty convinced it's the same company that makes the original Fyola and the Sqoom. At least I hope so!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am answering my own question.

doba wrote:
Bethany, CookieD, LizzieG or anyone else who is using Sqoom gels, could you please tell me what is the expiration date? I am trying to determine how many to order to avoid the shipping cost on a future order but I also don't want to order too much because of the expiration date.

Tnank you very much.

I emailed Schick Medical and received the following answer:

"Thanks for your friendly request.

All our SQOOM Gels are bottled in ‘Airless dispensers’, ….. by operating/pressing the dispenser no air, no oxygen reaches the Gel inside.
Declared: after opening stable for 9 month.

I hope and assume my comments are helpful for you.

Yours
Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards
Schick Medical GmbH
Coaching International :SQOOM concept
Distribution Management :SQOOM concept
Michael Schullian"
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I was all set to buy the Merbe off of Ebay when I read on one of the auctions about needing a transformer for them so they will work in the U.S. I know I'll need a plug adaptor but do I need a transformer too? They're from South Korea. Has anyone here bought one from Ebay and would know the answer to this? Thanks in advance.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
I was all set to buy the Merbe off of Ebay when I read on one of the auctions about needing a transformer for them so they will work in the U.S. I know I'll need a plug adaptor but do I need a transformer too? They're from South Korea. Has anyone here bought one from Ebay and would know the answer to this? Thanks in advance.

I purchased mine from Bethany's shared ebay seller and it came with a universal adapter. I'm in Canada and haven't needed anything else. HTHs!
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:

I purchased mine from Bethany's shared ebay seller and it came with a universal adapter. I'm in Canada and haven't needed anything else. HTHs!

Thanks Havana, Canada and the U.S. have the same voltage I believe so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Do you remember the name of the Ebay seller?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:01 am      Reply with quote
ladyjean wrote:
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:

Thanks Havana, Canada and the U.S. have the same voltage I believe so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Do you remember the name of the Ebay seller?

I don't remember his name unfortunately but I think I re-posted the link around page 22 or 23.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:

I don't remember his name unfortunately but I think I re-posted the link around page 22 or 23.

I think if anyone thinking about purchasing actually read the prior pages they would learn a ton.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:
havana8 wrote:
ladyjean wrote:

I think if anyone thinking about purchasing actually read the prior pages they would learn a ton.

If that last post is referring to me, I actually did read all 26 pages. There is so much information in there that remembering it all and finding something again is not easy. And I don't find the search function on this site very good. If I asked something already posted, please excuse me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Today I received my Sqoom kit with gels. I ordered it from Dr. Serene and she gave me a great price. I did not use it, yet.

I would like to get your opinions. I am currently using Tria and I am not sure if it is a good idea to use Sqoom at the same time. How would I know what results I will get from Tria and/or Sqoom if I will use both at the same time?

Thank you.
ladyjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
cabrita wrote:

I do have a question for those with the Merbe/Fyola/SQOOM. How do we know we are actually getting US?

Take a drop or two of water and put it on the head of the gadget. While holding the side of the machine, take your finger and touch the side of the head and the water will vibrate. That way you know it is working.

I can only see the water vibrate when the ion function is on high. Have you seen the video on ebay? Towards the end of it they do a demonstration of the Merbe with water on it and the head submerged in a glass of water

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotts-Merbe-Ultrasonic-Galvanic-Ion-Face-Massager-Wrinkle-Care-FREE-Multi-Plug-/201016942207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd8b1e7f

They make it look like the water literally vaporizes on it and it makes the whole glass of water vibrate and vaporize.

Have others found on their Merbe that the water only vibrates when the ion function on high? I'm wondering if something is wrong with mine.

5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Doba

I have both Sqoom and ReAura, ie same fractional laser technology. Have been using Sqoom for 6 months and ReAura 2 years. You can absolutely use both devices together. They complement each other. I find the Sqoom also helps ease the redness after completing a laser treatment. The Sqoom will push the gel ingredients deep in to the skin and as they include aloe it helps to soothe. I have recently reviewed both Sqoom and ReAura on my blog and in part 2 of my ReAura review I talk about how I layer my devices. You can find part 1 of my Sqoom review here http://www.faceupbeauty.com/2014/01/tried-and-tested-sqoom-m2-review-part-1.html?m=1. Any questions please get in touch. Tracey

doba wrote:
Today I received my Sqoom kit with gels. I ordered it from Dr. Serene and she gave me a great price. I did not use it, yet.

I would like to get your opinions. I am currently using Tria and I am not sure if it is a good idea to use Sqoom at the same time. How would I know what results I will get from Tria and/or Sqoom if I will use both at the same time?

Thank you.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
How well does Sqoom work for filling in marionette creases?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
Hi Doba

I have both Sqoom and ReAura, ie same fractional laser technology. Have been using Sqoom for 6 months and ReAura 2 years. You can absolutely use both devices together. They complement each other. I find the Sqoom also helps ease the redness after completing a laser treatment. The Sqoom will push the gel ingredients deep in to the skin and as they include aloe it helps to soothe. I have recently reviewed both Sqoom and ReAura on my blog and in part 2 of my ReAura review I talk about how I layer my devices. You can find part 1 of my Sqoom review here http://www.faceupbeauty.com/2014/01/tried-and-tested-sqoom-m2-review-part-1.html?m=1. Any questions please get in touch. Tracey

doba wrote:

Thank you.

Tracey,

Thank you very much.

I am concerned that if I will use both devices simultaneously, I will not be able to tell what each of them does for me.
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 am      Reply with quote
The only way you are really going to know that is if you use them separately and take photos to compare results, I feel. If you have both devices, though, why do you want to know which delivers what results? If this helps, generally, I feel, the laser delivers tangible improvements in pigmentation/skin tone and the Sqoom excells at plumping/lifting. So the two devices have definitely delivered different results for me, hence great devices to use simultaneously.

doba wrote:
tracey parkes wrote:
Hi Doba

doba wrote:

Thank you.

Tracey,

Thank you very much.

I am concerned that if I will use both devices simultaneously, I will not be able to tell what each of them does for me.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Can the Sqoom be compared to the Hitachi Hada Crie, which releases positive and negative ions - see http://www.triplerin.com/2013/05/hada-crie-comparison-of-different-models.html? I am about to buy the Hada Crie but now this Sqoom thread has me changing my mind....

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
Can the Sqoom be compared to the Hitachi Hada Crie, which releases positive and negative ions - see http://www.triplerin.com/2013/05/hada-crie-comparison-of-different-models.html? I am about to buy the Hada Crie but now this Sqoom thread has me changing my mind....

I'm afraid I don't know this device, so wouldn't like to advise you. I've checked out the website link but having done so, from the picture the device doesn't resemble anything I've seen here in the UK. All I can say is that I have been and remain delighted with Sqoom. Yes, it's expensive and the gels are quite pricey too, and as the gel costs are ongoing that is something to consider too.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:45 am      Reply with quote
tracey parkes wrote:
I'm afraid I don't know this device, so wouldn't like to advise you. I've checked out the website link but having done so, from the picture the device doesn't resemble anything I've seen here in the UK. All I can say is that I have been and remain delighted with Sqoom. Yes, it's expensive and the gels are quite pricey too, and as the gel costs are ongoing that is something to consider too.

Thanks tracey parkes for the info. I would like to get the Sqoom but constantly having to source the gels seems difficult. That's on reason I like the Hada Crie but there are so few reviews in English that I am not sure of its effectiveness. I did read that it is the number one selling device in Japan and the Japanese take skincare very seriously.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
denesiel-- the Merbe is great and less expensive and you can use Squoom gels or other gels with it. I have some from Texas Beauty institute that I think are really good.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |