Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your secret to beautiful hands?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 am      Reply with quote
As the title says, need to know your secrets to beautiful hands...

What do you do to diminish (or improve) the sign of aging on your hands?
-type of cream that works for you,
-type of regimen you do daily and night-time,

Is there procedure by doctors to make our hands beautiful or is it a myth? Please share your thoughts on this.

Is there procedure to improve the veins on our hands (like laser perhaps or something)? Do you need procedure for this? Cost of procedure if available?

When possible, please post link/pictures on this thread would be awesome.

Thanks Smile Smile Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Been answered many times already:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46265&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45088&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45239&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31793&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36596&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32909&highlight=hands

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26991&highlight=hands
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Basically anything you do to your face you can do to your hands also. I think the #1 step in preventing many issues would be daily sunscreen.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Wear gloves when doing housework.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Learned this tip from Kassy. I use the lightstim on the backs of my hands and my fingers too!

I also use cotton gloves when I'm driving.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 am      Reply with quote
To me, Kassy's hands (and face) are to die for - when I saw a photo of them some time ago I looked at my own hands and just wished to turn mine into hers (but she's a sweetheart and did share with me things she's been doing) and your 100% right the lightstim on the back of hands is one of them. Lets hope she pops by and shares the other tips (and anything else she's discovered).

Swissmom wrote:
Learned this tip from Kassy. I use the lightstim on the backs of my hands and my fingers too!

I also use cotton gloves when I'm driving.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I use my cp's on my hands...they take a long time to work..but it turns the back the clock. I used to have chest wrinkles..and now after using cp's for more than a year..my chest looks like it did 15 years ago. I use them on my face and entire body now really.

Also..make sure whatever you do..don't forget your fingers. I notice on many older women that the fingers and knuckles look so wrinkled. Then I realized I would put my creams on the tops of my hands and neglect the fingers.

Also..a good sunscreen applied many times during the day. I also found Egyptian Magic makes my hands look way younger. I use that on top of my cp's.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:23 am      Reply with quote
What is a CP? What is a Lightstim? Where can I get Egyptian magic? Is it a hand cream?

I will not do anything without gloves on my hands! This is a big no-no when taking care of my hands.

I put hand cream on my hands and it is Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream. I find this suitable for me as it is not greasy at all and it absorbs really quickly.

I also put sunscreen on my hands (or any part of my body that will be exposed to the sun)...
I use Nutrogena SPF 100 which is I think more than enough for me, in conjunction with Obagi sunscreen.

What else is out there to protect hands?

hotdocgirl wrote:
I use my cp's on my hands...they take a long time to work..but it turns the back the clock. I used to have chest wrinkles..and now after using cp's for more than a year..my chest looks like it did 15 years ago. I use them on my face and entire body now really.

Also..make sure whatever you do..don't forget your fingers. I notice on many older women that the fingers and knuckles look so wrinkled. Then I realized I would put my creams on the tops of my hands and neglect the fingers.

Also..a good sunscreen applied many times during the day. I also found Egyptian Magic makes my hands look way younger. I use that on top of my cp's.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:36 am      Reply with quote
CP = copper peptides and you can get them here on EDS (SkinBio again).

Lightstim is an electronic device that has a whole thread - and you can search for it on EDS there's a huge thread that talks about it

Egyptian magic you can buy online, its not a hand cream as such, its more of a balm but you can apply it everywhere and anywhere, and if you reread that thread there is a link to where one person buys her stuff online!?

jade-1234 wrote:
What is a CP? What is a Lightstim? Where can I get Egyptian magic? Is it a hand cream?

I will not do anything without gloves on my hands! This is a big no-no when taking care of my hands.

I put hand cream on my hands and it is Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream. I find this suitable for me as it is not greasy at all and it absorbs really quickly.

I also put sunscreen on my hands (or any part of my body that will be exposed to the sun)...
I use Nutrogena SPF 100 which is I think more than enough for me, in conjunction with Obagi sunscreen.

hotdocgirl wrote:

jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello there TheresaMary. Thanks for your response Smile Ok then, I will check out copper peptides (what type/exact name from Skin Biology?).. Lightstim and Egyptian magic....

Anybody else for recommendation???

TheresaMary wrote:
CP = copper peptides and you can get them here on EDS (SkinBio again).

Lightstim is an electronic device that has a whole thread - and you can search for it on EDS there's a huge thread that talks about it

Egyptian magic you can buy online, its not a hand cream as such, its more of a balm but you can apply it everywhere and anywhere, and if you reread that thread there is a link to where one person buys her stuff online!?

jade-1234 wrote:

hotdocgirl wrote:

hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes copper peptides.. I buy mine on skin biology from the scientist who patented them. They are complicated and you need to buy the right product. They have good information on their website. I use super cp serum all over my body and Skin Signals Cream on my face, neck, chest, and hands.

Egyptian magic is at Whole Foods or you can buy it on Amazon..it is like a balm..my skin drinks it in..and it makes my hands look way younger..I put it on over my cps..

The lightslim I think is like my led light system..there are many kinds of them and many threads on here about them.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Interesting and intrigue... Thanks Smile I think I will do more researching.

How do you find copper peptides? What type of copper peptides did you buy that you are using as there are so many of them... Is it working for you? And how long have you been using it? I will check other info in your response....

hotdocgirl wrote:
Yes copper peptides.. I buy mine on skin biology from the scientist who patented them. They are complicated and you need to buy the right product. They have good information on their website. I use super cp serum all over my body and Skin Signals Cream on my face, neck, chest, and hands.

Egyptian magic is at Whole Foods or you can buy it on Amazon..it is like a balm..my skin drinks it in..and it makes my hands look way younger..I put it on over my cps..

The lightslim I think is like my led light system..there are many kinds of them and many threads on here about them.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I think it was two years ago this coming October that I started copper peptides. I started with the cp serum. I didn't notice any real change until six or so months. I did have times of slight cases of "the uglies" as they call them..when my skin looked tired.

After my first bottle of cp serum..the Skin Signals cream came out along with the Skin Signals serum. For about six months I alternated night and day with those two. After using both..I settled into loving the Skin Signals cream.

It took about a year if not more..and really now I'm amazed how that stuff has made my skin younger. My face has always looked good..but it does keep it lifted and firm..and my chest wrinkles are the real tell tell sign that the stuff works...and my hands also.
About three months ago..I decided that I'm going to use the super cp serum all over my body every day... I put it on my wet skin when I get out of the shower. I know that it will take a year or so..but the skin on my knees, legs and arms will be younger. In fact, I noticed that the top of my feet right next to my little toes was looking wrinkled...and I make sure I do my feet now too.

Cp's are not glamorous..or packaged like the high end cosmetics..but they work for me.

Also..let me add that they recommend exfoliating the skin to make them work well..and many use gycolic...I use my clarsonic and The Cure instead.

Hope that helps you in your journey. Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello hotdocgirl Smile Welcome to this post.
As I am new to CP (never really tried it) I am sooooo intrigue! I just bought CP serum to try today from EDS. I will see. If result is promising, will advise here... Most comments from the thread advised people to start really very SLOW... which I am going to do to avoid those "uglies" that they are talking about here....

Thanks for the advice... I am really looking forward to enhancing my skin...

hotdocgirl wrote:
I think it was two years ago this coming October that I started copper peptides. I started with the cp serum. I didn't notice any real change until six or so months. I did have times of slight cases of "the uglies" as they call them..when my skin looked tired.

After my first bottle of cp serum..the Skin Signals cream came out along with the Skin Signals serum. For about six months I alternated night and day with those two. After using both..I settled into loving the Skin Signals cream.

It took about a year if not more..and really now I'm amazed how that stuff has made my skin younger. My face has always looked good..but it does keep it lifted and firm..and my chest wrinkles are the real tell tell sign that the stuff works...and my hands also.
About three months ago..I decided that I'm going to use the super cp serum all over my body every day... I put it on my wet skin when I get out of the shower. I know that it will take a year or so..but the skin on my knees, legs and arms will be younger. In fact, I noticed that the top of my feet right next to my little toes was looking wrinkled...and I make sure I do my feet now too.

Cp's are not glamorous..or packaged like the high end cosmetics..but they work for me.

Also..let me add that they recommend exfoliating the skin to make them work well..and many use gycolic...I use my clarsonic and The Cure instead.

Hope that helps you in your journey. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I decided that I'm going to use the super cp serum all over my body every day... I put it on my wet skin when I get out of the shower.

Hotdocgirl, I am inspired, and just started using the CP serum on my arms and chest last night due to your post. Do you use the Cure or Clarisonic on your body skin for exfoliation, as well, or something else? Also, do you use a sunscreen for your body? TIA!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I use the glycolic acid from Skin bio on my feet - I have several tubes. I also use CP serum on my body - chest. It does work. I've been a cp lover for several years now. I stopped using them on my face over the past year due to trying other products but I'm sure I'll pick it back up at some point. I totally love ghk cream for the face. LOVE IT.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Do you use the Cure or Clarisonic on your body skin for exfoliation, as well, or something else?

Hi Rileygirl, one of the best purchases I ever made for body exfoliation was the Salux Japanese
bath towel. It works great and it's about 6 dollars. I would buy it directly from the company if you can't find the brand name in a retail store. Some of the ones on Amazon and eBay are fakes and I bought 2 knockoffs before that didn't work nearly as well.

ETA link:
http://www.saluxshop.com/USA-CHOICES_c7.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Do you use the Cure or Clarisonic on your body skin for exfoliation, as well, or something else?

Hi Rileygirl, one of the best purchases I ever made for body exfoliation was the Salux Japanese
bath towel. It works great and it's about 6 dollars. I would buy it directly from the company if you can't find the brand name in a retail store. Some of the ones on Amazon and eBay are fakes and I bought 2 knockoffs before that didn't work nearly as well.

ETA link:
http://www.saluxshop.com/USA-CHOICES_c7.htm

Thank you, Cookie! That looks like a great option.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I totally love ghk cream for the face. LOVE IT.

I also really liked the SB GHK, but I just did not like extra hair growth on my face!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
To Hotdocgirl: Did you experience any hair growth while using CP? See comment below from rileygirl. Thanks Smile

rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I also really liked the SB GHK, but I just did not like extra hair growth on my face!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

eek!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I use my clarsonic on my face, neck, hands, chest...and sometimes arms and knees.

I use the cure on my face, neck, chest,and hands.

I have not dedicated any cream to exfoliate my body. I'll put glycolic on my knees from time to time.

as for hair on my face? I've always delt with a little bit of that ..but can't say cp's made it worse. But, everyone is different..and I've never heard of anyone saying it caused hair growth on the face..however Skin Biology does have a copper peptide for hair growth for the scalp..and I've used it on my lashline and it made my lashes thicker and darker.

If by chance cp's were the cause for any hair growth on my face.. I'd say it would be worth the trade off. You can always have a stray hair zapped away..but you can't zap a tighter face. haha.
rosaclinic

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
the most important thing is to keep the skin of our hands moisturized. and wearing protective gloves when doing gardening or heavy housework is too important.
Visionqueen

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I use argan oil for face and hands especially for the winter months, it works wonders!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
My hands have been feeling so dry lately. This EM sounds nice, just might give it a try. I also get really dry lips and nothing has worked, except for an argan oil balm that I use.

I also use LED on my hands and CPs too. Im thinking of CPs and LED together. Very Happy I've heard that can work really well too. However normally whatever I'm putting on my face i just do extra for the hands. I just find the more I do, the more my hands need it. Not sure if thats normal.?

Driving with gloves though...is this more for people in a car most of the day?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |