Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Broken capilaries on the nose and cheeks AND A MOUSTACHE!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carmenharo

Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi:
I am very distressed with this terrible redness on my cheeks and around my nostrils. I also have a shadowy blotch over my lip that at a distance resembles a moustache. I am a real mess. Please someone help!!! There must be some products that can help us old ladies that are still trying to take care of ourselves. I am 50 yrs old. I will greatly appreciate anyones help. Thank You
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carmenharo!
You're not an old lady - not even close! Don't be distressed - you can have your upper lip hair removed or lightened - no problem! Any good salon/spa will be able to help you. Regarding your redness....are you using anything right now? Is the red area excessively dry? If it is rosacea, then there are lots of good products out there that will help to control it....for example, I know that Murad has relevant products....B.Kamins Chemist is another one that I personally trust; they have products for skin prone to rosacea as well...
Hope this helps -- If you can provide a little more info about your condition in your next posting I'm sure you'll get lots of help.
Good luck! (and you're not old!!)
Pudoodles Very Happy
Mabsy

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:33 am      Reply with quote
carmenharo - has the redness always been there? Is the area also dry or it just looks red? It sounds like it might be irritated but at the same time it could also be hormonal (skin flushes), it could be a skin condition (e.g. rosacea), etc. If it's an irritation then I would recommend Decleor Harmonie Essentiele cream or the Mario Badescu Healing Cream.

The blotchy mark above your lip could again be a hormonal issue. Have you had it for long? My friend had one come up (also above her lip) while she was pregnant. She actually had good results from a derm prescribed product with hydroquinone. However, there have been many posts about hydroquinone and whether or not it's actually good for you (many people say that it's not - I happen to agree with them). Some people get good results with Skiceuticals Phyto+ for pigmentation problems. I would also suggest (if you don't have very sensitive skin) that you consider adding a vitamin C serum to your skincare ragime (you WILL see a big difference in your skin!) and also a good sunblock.
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I had the hyperpigmentation mustache as well. After trying every lightner as well as microdermabrasion and the laser, I found out it was a form of melasma that occurs on the dermal layers of the skin. So getting rid of it topically wasn't effective because it kept coming up with each new skin cycle. I'm allergic to hydroquinone and products with arbutin actually made it darker. I have Asian, sensitive skin so everything just seemed to make it worse.

It is hormone related and I've found I've had the best results taking MSM supplements, cutting back on refined sugar and using products that contain vitamin C. I also had good results with the Isa Knox line. Lastly sunblock sunblock sunblock! The splotch on my upper lip went away, only to have another one show up on the left side of my mouth. It's slowly fading now that I know how to treat it.

I'm pretty low maintenance and don't wear foundation or cover up. Lately I've gotten away with just sunblock and powder.

Hope this helps!
Melasmaisew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
i got rid of mine with peels from skinculture.com i had the irregular dark area bove my upper lip and its gone now. yay.
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Melasmaisew,
I looked at their site. I've done peels before (I think glycolic) and ended up with burned/darker skin. Which skin culture peel did you use? The process sounds a bit painful. I was considering trying the test version, but have been burned (literally) in the past.
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i also had dark blotches on my skin due to excessive sunbathing in my 20's. had a spot that i watched grow over a 1 week period. went to a dermatologist over this and he said it was sun damage and recommended neostrata which i recommend to anyone. it is for photoaged skin. my problem cleared up over my lip (sounds familiar eh!). during summer though some of my spots get darker. i have been pregnant and nursing for the past 5 years so i am now ready to try some of neostrata's stuff for these spots. neostrata has the hydroquline (?) stuff that someone mentioned and they also have some botanical creams that help fade these blotches.

as for the red on your cheeks if it is rosacea neostrata has creams for that too. maybe you should go to your cosmetics counter and talk to a cosmetician there to help find a cream for all your problems. make sure you get an eye cream and a face cream with spf for the day so you don't get a return of the brown spots.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
carmenharo wrote:
Hi:
I am very distressed with this terrible redness on my cheeks and around my nostrils. I also have a shadowy blotch over my lip that at a distance resembles a moustache. I am a real mess. Please someone help!!! There must be some products that can help us old ladies that are still trying to take care of ourselves. I am 50 yrs old. I will greatly appreciate anyones help. Thank You

Do you know if you have Rosacea or spider veins/broken capillaries? Janson-Beckett Couperose Cream is made for broken capillaries and is a great help if used daily.

As far as the dark area above your lip. You received some great advice from some of the members. Remember that you can conceal this while you are waiting for product to work. You can also conceal the redness on your face. Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup gives great coverage, very natural and protects you from the sun. There is no reason you need to feel the way you do about your condition. Mineral makeup will make you feel awesome.

You are no old lady!!! I am older than you. Very Happy

Winnie
Janson-Beckett, Cape Cod, MA
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:16 am      Reply with quote
**Merged by Mabsy from another thread**

carmenharo

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 11:29 am

Help someone:
I posted on Monday and I would like to add a little more of details so that I can get the proper advice from all you wonderful people.
I am 52 years and I suspect that the melasma on my upper lip and cheeks is due to hormonal problems. The shadows tend to get severe during the summer months even tho I use a very high sunblock (100 SPF). Maybe the altitude in which I live contributes to worsen my problem 2,400 above sea level where the sun is more direct. As if that wasn't enough I also have broken capilaries (spider veins) all around my nose and some on my cheeks. Help! should I give up? Someone come to my rescue!!!
gaffer
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
there is now laser treatment for spider veins and for brown spots. i am not sure where you live if this available to you. i live in a small town and we have a cosmetic laser and vein centre and it is busy, it is not only for the rich. anyhow check out this websitewww.cosmeticveincenters.com click on procedures at the top and go to spider veins. surf the web and see if you can find anymore info.
i also have spider veins around my nose, which one day i may get done, but i am able to cover it with a green cover stick (green neutrilizes red). i also have a brown patch covering half my forehead and in the summer i have ones that come up over my upper lip and around the corner of eyes. it was much worse when i was pregnant and i looked like a blotch. it is not as bad now but i wear sunscreen and don't sunbath anymore. 100spf, i have never heard of one so high. i have heard that spf past 50 doesn't work any better than 35! ask your doctor, cosmetician, dermatologist. good luck
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I use Sothys clearness serum for fragile capillaries around my nose and its really good.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi there carmenharo wave I also have broken capillaries on my cheeks and around my nose from using cortisone for my excema when I was younger. Nothing I have used has helped them, I'm 39 and they are a pain because I don't like to wear foundation or anything else to cover them, it just irritates my skin! My derm recommended lazer treatment so I have an appt. on the 3rd of March. I will let you know how it works out for me, he said its not that expensive and works wonderfully! Donna Very Happy
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi moosette would love to know how you get on with your laser treatment i have broken veins at side of nose and they really get me down i have tried loads to no avail. I heard IPL treatment is non invasive and supposed to be good and work. Has anyone else heard any on this?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I had IPL 4 years ago. Yes, my broken capillaries totally went away. However, about 2 years later they started surfacing again. Crying or Very sad After IPL you should treat your face with products that keep the capillaries abay. Don't use any harsh exfoliants on your face. Wash and rinse you face with just warm water (no hot or cold), don't let the sun beat down on your face even with a high SPF. Obviously I did not do this Sad. I have been treating my face carefully for some time now and my broken capillaries are very faint. Between product, hormonal changes, and lifestyle I think I am doing great. I have kind of a pug nose and have one nasty capillary right in my nostril. Hate that.!!!
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I too had facial spider veins lasered last year and my face was flawless...for about 3 months. New ones have now replaced the zapped ones although less faint. I use JB Cuperose Cream daily so that may explain why they are not as prominent.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
I too had facial spider veins lasered last year and my face was flawless...for about 3 months. New ones have now replaced the zapped ones although less faint. I use JB Cuperose Cream daily so that may explain why they are not as prominent.

Penelope,

How do you fit the Cuperose Cream into your skin care routine? Are you using it two times a day?

Thanks much,
Winnie
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Winnie:

I only use it in the evening only because it doesn't absorb into my skin very well. I apply it a few minutes after JB prep and before ADCE.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |