Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Patakara lip Trainer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Miffny
5% products discount

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

in my never ending search to get rid of the nasolabial folds or at least soften them I just bought one of these as my GP told me she bought one & it helped soften lines.

Getting to the point I had no trouble using it at all as it said it may be hard at first I have been following Flex Effect for many years I think maybe my lips are stronger than I thought & maybe I should have bought the advanced model I bought the brown one.

http://www.liptrainer-patakara.com/

Has anyone else tried this gadget or had success ??.

TIA
damianne
5% products discount

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I know this post is old, but I am wondering if there have been any ladies out there in eds land who took the plunge and bought one of these gizmos. Its been out for 10 years, and I would think there would of been more information online or here in regards to its effectiveness or lack thereof.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Never did anything for me Sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I think this may produce similar results to FlexAway and for some because it only works a certain amount of muscles and neglects others it created monkey mouth for them. Do a search because there were a few threads here about it.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
This looks rather intense to me, the photos on the site seem to require quite harsh facial movements. I wonder if handling the face this way can actually cause wrinkles rather than helping? It just looks a little to rough for me? I try and err on the side of caution however, I'm not nearly as brave as some of the members on these forums! I'm intrigued, I admit. I'd be interested to hear more input though. anything that might slim the face intrigues me and wow some of the before and afters are impressive!
damianne
5% products discount

Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I bummed it didn't do anything for you Miffney. I prolly should of checked here before ordering.

I am wondering, you spoke of an "advance" one, did you mean the premium one versus the lohas one?

Anyways it will be awhile before I get it, and its suppose to help with a variety of other ailments, so hopefully it will serve some purpose, if not cosmetic. I will take some pics and chart it, for fun, just to see.. so stay tuned.

p.s. is someone ever finds a great picture of monkey mouth, I would love to see it!

5% products discount

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
ok, I received my Patakara in the mail yesterday. It arrived from Taiwan in 10 days. It came with a dvd, a fit pull,(a pink soft sticky thing that you press against your face for resistance, and of course the weird device itself.

It states that I need to do this at least 4 times a day for 3 minutes a go. They even include a ridiculous plastic hourglass, which I actually use in the bathroom, as I don't have a clock in there.

First off let me say, I have been doing facial exercises off and on for the last year. Mostly facial magic, and a few other exercises that I have found work for me. So my mouth was not overwhelmed by the resistance this thing offered. I have used it 5 times now, and will post before pics later this evening...so I can get an idea of what I am looking at. I am mostly concerned with my nasolabial folds and jaw.

The website is strong with science and has very convincing before and afters. This was originally intended as a medical device, which was ultimately why I shelled the 125.00. I have tmj and upper neck pain... this device apparently will help with a plethora of dysfunctions.

My main intent for this thread is to either prove or disprove this very little known of device. I have found virtually no info on it. EDS has only one hit when searching for Patakara, and online is seems to be only their site info.... and a few (read very few) reviews. Facial Flex and Flex Away, are everywhere, but not this thing... Doesn't help that its foreign. So I am gonna be the guinea pig.

I will give it a game go, 4 to 5 times a day for the next 6 weeks, and will be posting pics along the way.. so stay tuned. for before pics, I am gonna post them now, so as to stay completely unbiased and objective. I figure if this is a complete dud, then I can help others avoid the never ending cosmetic guillotine onslaught of product that promises our best face yet, but never delivers....

5% products discount

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
https://patakaraexperiment.shutterfly.com/

these pics are not doing my nasolabial folds justice! my left side is much worse than my right...sort of asymmetrical...I am hunting for the right lighting to catch it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
damianne wrote:

these pics are not doing my nasolabial folds justice! my left side is much worse than my right...sort of asymmetrical...I am hunting for the right lighting to catch it...

Thanks for doing this experiment Damianne and for sharing pictures. Hope you get some great results. Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am taking weekly photos. I know its super early, and results are ridiculously subtle. But I figure if it works, I will have a nice montage of weekly photos. If it doesn't work, I will see where and when any shifts stop taking place.

Enjoy!

5% products discount

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
well one month has come and gone. I am actually on day 40. all in all I am happy with the product. I have noticed an overall tightening of my muscles. My nasolabial folds are still there. They have improved slightly. But definitely still there. My jaw is tightening, and so is my forehead. I will continue to do it, and continue to post... I think once a month is more appropriate at this time. hopefully there will be a continuing of firming... we shall see. thanks for checking out my project!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
damianne wrote:
well one month has come and gone. I am actually on day 40. all in all I am happy with the product. I have noticed an overall tightening of my muscles. My nasolabial folds are still there. They have improved slightly. But definitely still there. My jaw is tightening, and so is my forehead. I will continue to do it, and continue to post... I think once a month is more appropriate at this time. hopefully there will be a continuing of firming... we shall see. thanks for checking out my project!

damianne, thank you for sharing your journey with us and posting your results.

You do look less tired after a month of using the gadget and your complexion looks more even-toned than before. Also it looks as if your face filled in a bit so that it appears a touch smoother...with less dips, IYKWIM.

I am excited for you and hope the Patakara continues to deliver for you.
damianne
5% products discount

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the input Nonie.... I wish my pre- pho
tos had somehow been more clinical, i.e. better lighting...but its a do it at home project...

its been 50 days or so, so i am almost ready to post the next update. the skin tone i must say has been the most notable difference, but my face is overall stronger as well. i like what patakara does, and i think long term, i could incorporate a couple of face exercises (cheek and eye) to keep the build even... we shall see.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am      Reply with quote
damianne wrote:
thanks for the input Nonie.... I wish my pre- pho
tos had somehow been more clinical, i.e. better lighting...but its a do it at home project...

its been 50 days or so, so i am almost ready to post the next update. the skin tone i must say has been the most notable difference, but my face is overall stronger as well. i like what patakara does, and i think long term, i could incorporate a couple of face exercises (cheek and eye) to keep the build even... we shall see.

damianne lighting has never deterred me from seeing changes. In another discussion where there was the implication that "after" photos are usually taken in better lighting, I posted my own photos in different lighting and IMO I looked better in the poorer lighting Laughing So really, I don't think it's hard for someone who's fascinated by faces to see the difference regardless of lighting. Even without you saying that you can feel a tightening of your muscles, I can see a smoothing out that makes it look as if you got very subtle fillers which I suspect make the face feel fuller/firmer.

I find this journey of yours very fascinating as I couldn't see how that thing can do all the things reviews said it does. But hey, I would have thought the same thing about reflexology had I not had it done on me.

So thanks again for taking us on this ride with you.
damianne
5% products discount

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
ok 65 days in..... I am just starting to dump all the photos I take for the day, along with the timeline effect photos.... I definitely see a difference in my face. still going at it about 3 to 4 times a day, still seeing improvement.

Enjoy. Funny my boyfriend claims absolutely NO DIFFERENCE until I show him the before and todays photo... and then he sees it. a lot of subtle differences... I am hoping the improvements don't taper, but continue, if they do, I am convinced now that facial exercise is the way to go, and would look for more of them to add to my arsenal.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Very impressive! Keep going - you look great. So much progress!

This is so interesting. Thanks for posting.
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered this after reading about and seeing your results.

Congratulations, the difference is incredible and so inspiring!

After reading all the literature, and having a good rummage around the web, it looks very promising.
howInteresting
5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
damianne, thanks for the update! I've been all over that site since your last series. The rationale for this makes some sense to me. It sounds similar to what I've been reading about how proper breathing can assist with weight loss.

So it's not a surprise that better oxygenation, as well as working the muscles, would result in improvement in coloring and filler-like effects, which are the main effects I see in your photos so far. This gives you a well-rested look, the importance of which is underestimated, in my opinion, for maintaining a youthful appearance. One of the things that make people look so much older, quite apart from wrinkles and sagging, is that look of being tired all the time, even when they're not! Sad Sad So this is very interesting to me, and I hope you continue with the series.

Are you familiar with facial flex? Do you think similar results could be achieved with that?
damianne
5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:39 am      Reply with quote
how interesting....

interesting you should mention the facial flex, because I did order this about 30 days into my process... hoping to amp up my results. I used it about 3 days, and felt that it was undoing my progress around my nasolabial lines. I like the resistance it offered, and I tried to do it without making my face wrinkle, but never felt confident.. so I trusted my gut and just said hey... lets try one thing at a time, see how that goes. I shelved it for now, but you know how these things can go... I might pick it up later.

I do believe in facial exercises, but have come to realize that proper execution is so important. that's why I like the patakara, it goes in your mouth the same way everytime, and though you can vary the angles of resistance, the mouth piece sort of makes it fool proof... I just feel more confident than using my hands in my mouth, and I figure as my muscles get stronger, I might eventually incorporate a standard facial exercise routine. thanks for the input... if you aren't worried about nasolabial lines, the facial flex would probably be good for mid face and chin/neck toning.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:47 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx..

I am so excited for you! it is a bit spendy, and you have to commit to it... the first week, I seriously thought my face was going to fall off.. I would be sitting at work and it would feel like I had been laughing hysterically for 4 hours. the phase has passed..

well, I will continue to post monthly, and honestly feel that facial exercise is a long term commitment, but if done well, can really make a difference! we shall see. let me know if you have any questions. one of the reasons I started this thread is because there is so little info about this gizmo out there, and I was curious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Damianne I can't wait to try it - posted via EMS today so should have it very soon. Just hope Customs don't charge me a fortune!

I've already got the facial flex and have no issues with that but I just wanted to move onto the next level and this looks like it's really working for you.

I agree with the commitment needed though and absolutely don't mind putting the effort in if the results are clearly visible.
howInteresting
5% products discount

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
damianne, drats! I was afraid you were going to say that about the facial flex, and I think you're right ... *reaches for the ccard*.

Okay, before I do that ... a couple of other questions if you don't mind.

I don't see much in the way of NL lines in your latest photo, but tbh, I didn't see much in your before either. Do you feel your NL lines have improved?

Also, the hardest thing for me is to commit to doing something multiple times a day. How do you remember? And when do you do it during your day?

There don't seem to be any particular rules on when to train during the day, but I'd like to get a sense of how other people are able to fit things like this into their schedule to gauge if I can make the same kind of commitment.

You've been a great help, and I hope you keep the updates coming!
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:38 am      Reply with quote
damianne...So how did you find this device helped your TMJ? Or no change in TMJ symptoms?

Also, thanks for sharing, excellent review.
damianne
5% products discount

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
ok lets see...

I do have tmj, and honestly I have not felt any improvement...but I also feel its slightly early. my nasolabial folds have gotten better, obviously its strengthening my muscles, which is helping with the slack, but another thing I have noticed is that my teeth are lining up slightly differently. my over bite seems to be fading and that is adjusting the way my chin sits, and that is adjusting my lines...its hard to describe. I do not think the patakara exacerbates my tmj and maybe its even helped a little, but I still have it. I do sleep with my mouth closed now, and I can tell, cause the taste in my mouth is less pronounced in the morning.

lets see, it takes 3 minutes each time for me to rotate my entire face 2x. I do it when I wake up, and when I go to bed. and then I try to fit one or 2 times in during the day... after work, sometimes, or I go off to the bathroom. if you don't use resistance(if you are a beginner) you could do it anywhere, bathtub, car, tv...but once you use your other hand to hold down on the muscles, you really need to concentrate. I have been experimenting holding my tongue to the roof of my mouth, and I also use a cotton glove or the fit pull. I like it better than dedicating 10 to 15 minutes a day in one sitting, cause it goes by pretty quickly. they really want you to do 4 times, but I normally manage only 3. hope I didn't miss any questions!!!

5% products discount

Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
the biggest difference I can see in my face, is that it is less fatter. that's the only way I can say it. its more toned and it seems like I literally have a smaller face.....just wanted to add that !

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |