Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What to do for a breakout?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I have a serious breakout, can somebody recommend product?
louisamay

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Proactive always works for me. I still break out on my chin sometimes, (especially when I sample products!) Proactive works fast.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds a little crazy, but I have started using calamine lotion when I have a particularly bad breakout. It seems to really calm the skin and decrease the redness. Do not use it too much as I think prolonged use leads to congestion, but just to soothe a breakout it is worth a try.

I also sometimes use a combo of emu oil & tea tree oil, but you have to be careful b/c tea tree is too strong for some skin types. I have pretty sensitive skin and can use it without incident, but I've also been using it for years...
linayang1

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Breakouts occur as a result of biological changes happening in the body. Sometimes, they also develop because of an unbalanced diet and some of our daily activities. So, it is essential to deal with them with utmost care. The best way to treat breakouts is to use products made from natural ingredients, and those certified by Dermatological Association. Dermalogica is one such top-quality skincare products that can be very effective. It has been developed by The International Dermal Institute after intense research. The main advantage of using such products is, these products comprise of natural constituents; so, they reduce your acne without causing any side-effects or aggravating the already-present acne. As opposed to this, products made from chemicals can either cause side-effects or worse the state of the existing acne. They also cause an array of problems in the long run.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I seldom get a zit nowadays, but when I do I just dot it with a benzoyl peroxide cream. It usually dries it up in a day or two. I feel it's fine for occasional use. You might want to consider something else if it's an ongoing problem, but for a quick fix it works for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
This salicylic acid spot treatment sounds promising: http://w3.rxforbrownskin.com/precise-clarity-acne-spot-treatment-1-oz.html
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
The product I've found to work like a charm is Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel by Clinique.

First the spot turns dark as it flattens in about a day or two, and then that dark skin lifts on the edges and if you give it a day or so to loosen even more, you can peel it off painlessly leaving clear skin with no hint of there ever having been a spot. The active ingredient is salicylic acid. I find that to work better for me than products with benzoyl peroxide.

Here's the product I'm talking about:

If having a dark mark bothers you, maybe concealer can help you "fake it till you make it".

When I use it, I usually apply a drop of it big enough to cover the spot (usually at bed time on a bare face). I don't even rub it in. It burns a bit...and dries up shiny. In the morning, when I splash my face with water, it turns into a white gel-like paste that I have to sort of peel off. I may apply it again in the morning and rub it in but usually I don't. I just repeat the dot application again...and by the second day, the spot is usually completely flattened but in its place a dark mark is left (Doesn't bother me so I just ignore it). In another day or so of this treatment, where the spot was and now dark skin is I find a patch of dry skin whose edges are lifted, begging me to peel it off so I can reveal fresh clear skin.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
linayang1 wrote:
Breakouts occur as a result of biological changes happening in the body. Sometimes, they also develop because of an unbalanced diet and some of our daily activities. So, it is essential to deal with them with utmost care. The best way to treat breakouts is to use products made from natural ingredients, and those certified by Dermatological Association. Dermalogica is one such top-quality skincare products that can be very effective. It has been developed by The International Dermal Institute after intense research. The main advantage of using such products is, these products comprise of natural constituents; so, they reduce your acne without causing any side-effects or aggravating the already-present acne. As opposed to this, products made from chemicals can either cause side-effects or worse the state of the existing acne. They also cause an array of problems in the long run.

I take it you work for Dermalogica or with the products???

I luv how Dermalogica makes themselves sound so official...like they are a government "institute" almost......

It's kind of up there w the clinique sales staff who wear the white medical coats but are sales associates...hahah.

-----------------------------------
I'm not dissing the Dermalogica products,I actually do use some-just their advertising.

I had samples of the Clean start line and really liked the mask.
-might order it today I think...

I also have one of the Dermalogica acne serum? spot treatment (costs $50.....) and it only works ok. nothing miraculous from it.

For breakouts right now I use a sulfur mask as a spot treatment and leave thAT on overnight.
works best for me.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am not the Dermalogica poster but I work as an esthetician and sell dermalogica at my spa.

The clean start line is fair, I like the sassy descriptions on the products and the low price points. If you like dermalogica, the dermal clay cleanser can be applied as a spot treatment to dry things up.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Use La Roche-Posay
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |