Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How can I widen my face/jaw area/make chin more prominent?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any facial exercises that can help me achieve this or am I dreaming?

I tried Carole Maggio's face widener before. I guess it sort of worked. Are there any others and can you tell me what they are?

If I do the face widener exercise, could it contribute to nasolabial lines?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
Are there any facial exercises that can help me achieve this or am I dreaming?

I tried Carole Maggio's face widener before. I guess it sort of worked. Are there any others and can you tell me what they are?

If I do the face widener exercise, could it contribute to nasolabial lines?

I am not a exercise guru but I'd think your dreaming for any type of "big" change. The only thing I can think would be a chin implant or such, but that is drastic.

But it also might depend on defining widening, a little bit or a lot?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Can't claim to know much about face exercises but:

You can use fillers to make your chin more prominent (Im not sure about widening though). Then if you like the results you can opt for a more permanent solution like an implant which deifinitely widens as well as protrudes. With regards to widening your jaw I would use a microcurrent device that works that area like the tua trend. Have read reviews of the Tua where people have been complaining because it has made their jaw muscles build up and their face wider. In your case it sounds like you would like this.

The best thing for lifting the nasolabials is to have filler or (for a more permanent option) an implant put in the cheeks. Fillers in the nasolabial lines themselves can work but I would always opt for putting the volume in my cheeks first and then if you still feel the nasolabial lines could do with reducing you could put a bit of filler their too.

That said I really can't comment on facial exercises so maybe some other members would have some suggestions about how to more naturally improve the nasolabials.
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Moon. I will definitely look into that.

I don't have nasolabial lines at all. I was asking if I did the exercises, if it would cause that because the face widener exercise kind of stretches the face quite a bit. Thanks again for your help!
puddlelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what effect you are going for and I am not very well versed in facial exercise (so perhaps others could chip in) but I wonder if you are thinking of build on the masseter muscle? This is the big chewing muscle.
I cant seem to put an image in (just don't know how!) but if you search on David Coultard, the racing driver, I think he has pronounced masseter muscles
If that is the one there are several exercises on line, such as
http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/exercise-masseter-muscle-3975.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
David Coultard lol Laughing
Moon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Your jaw is a bone, not sure what you can do to widen or narrow-en it.

That is true. However you can widen or narrow the appearance of your face by building up the masseter muscle or shrinking it through Botox.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |