Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coming soon to a day spa near you...Dermapen in the news
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Expect needling to go mainstream. Then we can say that we remember when....lol BFG

http://dermapen.com/Dermapen-Blog/Entry/dermapen-announces-training-agreement-with-nima-national-institute-of-medical-aesthetics.html
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lol. One day we'll be able to put on our hipster glasses and tell everyone "I was using these before it was cool, punks." Wink
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Earlier this month, I read an article about the Dermapen on the UK's Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/6907147/50-ways-to-look-younger.html

It was mentioned somewhere in here.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I was just quoted a price for a session with a DermaPen from my aesthetician. They will numb you completely (which is one reason I would consider them doing it) and charge $400 per area. No mention was made of how many treatments would be needed (I was investigating it for my upper lip lines), but they did say bruising might occur. If that happened, though, they did have a 'laser' to zap the bruise with.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing One day we'll be able to put on our hipster glasses and tell everyone "I was using these before it was cool, punks."

Thanks for the giggle.

Yes we here are tres cool :P
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:00 am      Reply with quote
foxe- did they say what topicals they use with the pen?

THanks, BFG
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
We didn't speak about topicals (wished I had).

I did get a brochure that mentioned 'better absorption of topicals' though. It also said it is as effective as Fractional Lasers and IPLs (at a shorter recovery period). Of course, this is the manufacturers' promo material mentioning all this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I was just quoted a price for a session with a DermaPen from my aesthetician. They will numb you completely (which is one reason I would consider them doing it) and charge $400 per area. No mention was made of how many treatments would be needed (I was investigating it for my upper lip lines), but they did say bruising might occur. If that happened, though, they did have a 'laser' to zap the bruise with.

My dermatologist is using the Dermapen with and without platelet rich plasma. She is recommending
2-3 treatments with PRP or 3-6 treatments without. Of course it is more expensive with PRP but probably ends up cheaper because you can do less visits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Now doing a session w/ PRP sounds very interesting, Cookie. What price were you quoted for that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
foxe- did they say what topicals they use with the pen?

THanks, BFG

I just checked the DermaPen website and see that their recommendations for topicals include a 'copper' based product (ie: copper peptides).

They do recommend using 'their' PHYTO-BOOST topical immediately post-procedure, but after 3 days it is recommended to use collagen stimulating peptides to stimulate regeneration. I actually prefer CPs for post-procedure for their healing properties AND collegen building properties. It might also be a good idea to use a moisture binding product to keep the skin well hydrated (ie-Infoldan). My oily skin doesn't like Infoldan very well, unfortunately.

Quote:
CLEAN – use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and dry gently. Always make sure your hands are clean when touching the treated area
HEAL Copper based skincare is recommended post treatment as the mineral properties are perfect to help heal the skin but will also create a sterile skin too. Resveratrol based products can help soothe the skin and lessen irritation
HYDRATE – Following your Dermapen treatment as the skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance
STIMULATE – In the days following your Dermapen treatment as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen stimulating peptides are ideal to keep the simulation going
MAKE-UP – It is recommended that make up is not applied for 12 hours after the procedure although your practitioner may be able to supply you with specialized mineral make-up that they feel would be suitable for use during this period. Do not apply any make-up with a make-up brush, especially if it is not clean
PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a SPF30. A chemical free sunscreen is highly recommended

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Now doing a session w/ PRP sounds very interesting, Cookie. What price were you quoted for that?

Here are the prices and information off the website Foxe.

ETA: The price chart didn't come out like on the web page but you can follow the link and the prices for packages make more sense.

***If having micro-needling with PRP, be sure to drink lots of fluids several hours before your appointment to allow for a successful blood draw. If you are dehydrated and we cannot obtain enough blood, your appointment will need to be rescheduled or done without PRP.
What to expect and post-treatment instructions

Our staff will instruct you when to remove your numbing gel, do not remove it until told to do so.
We perform a light microdermabrasion prior to your micro-needling (included at no extra charge).
During the first 1-24 hours you will look red (like a sunburn) and your skin may feel warm and tight. A few areas may stay red a little longer.
Use a gentle cleanser with tepid water the first 48 hours. Gently dry.
Use only gentle skin care products for the first 3 days. After that you can resume normal skin care.
Avoid makeup, retinoids, glycolic acids, vitamin C products and sunscreens for the first 12 hours.
Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours. After that make sure to wear a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 daily.
Avoid swimming, strenuous activity and exercising during the first 24 hours.
Additional instructions when PRP is used:
a. For 3 days after your treatment avoid anything that may heat your skin: suntanning, steam rooms, saunas, extreme temperatures (hot or cold) and very hot or cold beverages (if your face was treated.)
b. Avoid retinoids to the treated areas for 2 weeks.
c. Avoid lasers and IPL treatments to the treated areas for 4-6 weeks.
Treatments are usually performed monthly, although lighter (less deep) treatments may be performed more frequently. We recommend 3-6 micro-needling treatments for rejuvenation, wrinkles, pores and for tightening and 6 treatments for scars and stretch marks (without PRP). We recommend 2-3 treatments when micro-needling is used with PRP.

Micro-needling and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Pricing
Micro-needling without PRP
We recommend 3-6 treatments

Individual Package of 3 Package of 6 (buy 5, get 1 free)
Face $ 275 $ 720 $1375
Neck or hands or multiple stretch marks $ 200 $ 510 $1000
One of these smaller areas:
around eyes around mouth décolleté small area of stretch marks or several scars $ 150 $ 390 $ 750
Face plus neck $ 425 $1050 $2125
Face plus neck and décolleté $ 500 $1275 $2500
1-2 small scars or stretch marks $ 100 $ 240 $ 500
Micro-needling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
We recommend 2-3 treatments, 4-6 weeks apart

Areas that can be treated: Face Neck with Décolleté Full chest Hands

Individual Package of 2 treatments
1 of these areas $ 650 $ 995 (save $305)
2 of these areas $ 995 $1690 (save $300)
3 of these areas $1600 $2790 (save $410)

PRP without Micro-needling
(Injected as a Filler to treat wrinkles, scars, etc.)

We recommend 2 treatments, 4 weeks apart

Individual Package of 2 treatments
Around eyes or around mouth $ 650 $ 995 (save $305)
Around eyes and mouth or hands $ 995 $1690 (save $300)
Larger area or multiple areas $1600 $2790 (save $410)
Multiple larger areas $1995 $3390 (save $600)

http://www.ocdermatology.com/micro-needling/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Those are better prices than the ones I was quoted Cookie ($150 v $400 for around the mouth). And the $650 for needling with PRP for the entire face looks like a better deal too. I guess shopping around for these services is the way to go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Those are better prices than the ones I was quoted Cookie ($150 v $400 for around the mouth). And the $650 for needling with PRP for the entire face looks like a better deal too. I guess shopping around for these services is the way to go.

Foxe, I was very interested in doing the Dermapen with PRP until I read the write up on owndoc about the Dermapen not being as good as the dermaroller. What are you thoughts about this? It is suppose to not hurt either but that is according to some YouTube I've seen. So who knows if that's true.

Has anybody had a treatment with the Dermapen? Did you get good results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I met with my dermatologist today about doing a Dermapen treatment with PRP. Unfortunately she doesn't have any openings for a month and that doesn't work with my schedule. I might try to do it in Dec. if the timing works out. She has just started using both the Dermapen and PRP. So she didn't have a lot of positive or negative experiences with patients yet. One thing she did try on herself was using the Dermapen with Botox underneath her arm pit for sweating. She said it work just like the injections but she wouldn't use it for that because it hurt a little more and was a bigger hassle. She just wanted to see needles would be able to force the Botox into the skin the same way as an injection and it did. That means the Dermapen does work the product into the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for coming back with that info Cookie. Let us know how the Dermapen w/ PRP works out if you pursue it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Cookie,

Was that the Dermapen brand you mentioned on the owndoc site or another similar device sold by Bellaire?

BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Cookie,

Was that the Dermapen brand you mentioned on the owndoc site or another similar device sold by Bellaire?

BFG

I am not sure of the manufacture of the Dermapen my doctor has. I did read the write up that owndoc had and I did discuss the "needle dragging" that they mention with her. She of course had a different opinion and didn't see any problem with the Dermapen. The main reason I looked into this was for the PRP. It is supposed to make you heal better and the growth factors in your blood should help create more/better collagen. Plus you don't have to do as many treatments with PRP compared to just using the Dermapen. If not for that angle I would just use the dermaroller. In other words I don't think it works any better but with the PRP and not having to "injure" your own skin there are some pluses.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |