Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is a good way to not have oily face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shirleyhernandez

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have a really bad oily face, what could i use?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
You can try using oil blotting sheets.

Here's one that I saw on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Clear-Oil-Absorbing-Sheets-50-Count/dp/B003V57Q5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348609110&sr=8-2&keywords=oil+blotting+sheets
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Try using the Oil Cleansing Method. It has substantially reduced my oil slick since starting it a few months ago. Google the method for more information. There's also a thread on it here on EDS

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:

Here's one that I saw on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Clear-Oil-Absorbing-Sheets-50-Count/dp/B003V57Q5I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348609110&sr=8-2&keywords=oil+blotting+sheets

I absolutely love these.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

I absolutely love these.

Do you only use that particular brand?

Or do you also use other brands? If so, what other brands have you used?
tindra1816
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I use the Chanel blotting papers they are amazing :)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
bethany wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

I absolutely love these.

I have tried other brands (maryKay, Sephora) but prefer these. They are supposedly made out of the same stuff they use to soak up oil in garages. Shock But they really work.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Do you wear foundation? I've heard many people rave about Milk of Magnesia as a primer under foundation to keep away oil.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Chemical peels (Jessner and 15% TCA) have been very helpful in reducing the oil in my skin. After a few peels, and starting to use a 10% Glycolic acid toner and a clarisonic brush, I've been able to finally exfoliate my skin, let the oil out and my skin has never been nearly as oily again.

As for Oil Cleansing Method, it is very usefl to use in the two weeks after a peel, because your skin is exfoliated and your pores have the best chance to clean themselves out. I tried OCM at other times but its made my skin break out more.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I have combination skin but my t-zone is kinda "oily"...

If you don't use make-up, then some baby powder and some blotting sheets (as suggested here) will do the trick to control those oily areas of the face...

If you do wear make-up, you can try Covergirl Clean (a blue compact color) oil-control pressed powder to blot those oily areas of the face.... I'm using this oil-control pressed powder to control my T-zone area as these are always kinda "oily"... It helps control oiliness and make it "matte" looking.

Good luck...

shirleyhernandez wrote:
I have a really bad oily face, what could i use?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:
bethany wrote:
VeronicaM wrote:

I absolutely love these.

I have tried other brands (maryKay, Sephora) but prefer these. They are supposedly made out of the same stuff they use to soak up oil in garages. Shock But they really work.

I'll have to look into those. I have really oily cheeks and forehead.

Most people don't struggle with oily cheeks, but I do. My cheeks have been oily since middle school.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM, you may want to check out Walmart since the brand name (Clean & Clear) is very familiar if you want to buy oil-blotting sheets. I think I've seen this before (at Walmart). Good luck!
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Clean and clear blotting papers are something that are always in my purse. But I also like the Biore ones too, they have a side that is slightly powered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:05 am      Reply with quote
When my skin was over producing oil the only thing that helped - and it REALLY helped - was switching to nano cyclic silver soap for cleansing. It rebalanced my skin. Wonderful product.
KARTERLEE

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
ou sounds like you have oily or combination skin. The best thing is to keep it always clean and use oil controlling lotion, as well as getting facial treatment. I would recommend first selecting a very good cleanser for your face, that removes the oil, yet keep your skin moisturized. Secondly, use a toner after cleaning your face because toner can tightens the pores, which is the reason why you have large amount of oil because you have enlarged pores. Next, after toner, put on a oil controlling lotion that hydrates but also controls oil during the day. Then finally make sure you put on sun screen.

You have oilly skin because your pores are enlarged due to black heads and dead skin that filled up the glands under the skin. The only way to remove all these dead skin and black heads is to get a facial treatments at least once every 2 weeks to keep the glands under the skin clean and clear. Then follow the instruction above, and it will take about 3 months for your skin to adapt, but it will work.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Don't like any type of soap bars at all as these clog my pores and leave my skin tight/dry.

I prefer the Obagi foaming gel cleanser (with aloe vera), because this product cleans my skin without clogging, leaves my pores soft/smooth, never dry.

But I guess people have different ways of cleaning the face...... and this is my way to take care of "me".

catski wrote:
When my skin was over producing oil the only thing that helped - and it REALLY helped - was switching to nano cyclic silver soap for cleansing. It rebalanced my skin. Wonderful product.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, facials are expensive when done in a spa. EDS sells a lot of these facial treatments and you can do this at home, at your own pace, without breaking the bank. I used to pay $65/facial years ago. On your day off, just switch on some classical music, do the facials, relax for 30 minutes, then wash-off with warm water before putting your favorite moisturizer that is not oil-based....

KARTERLEE wrote:
The only way to remove all these dead skin and black heads is to get a facial treatments at least once every 2 weeks to keep the glands under the skin clean and clear. Then follow the instruction above, and it will take about 3 months for your skin to adapt, but it will work.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:03 am      Reply with quote
The two biggest changes that helped me were starting OCM and using a zinc oxide sunscreen.

I had a friend that drug me into OCM kicking and screaming because I was 'so certain' it wouldn't work, lol. It's odd because almost everyone reports a purging period, and I didn't have one at all. I guess I just got lucky.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Peppermint Oil.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Don't like any type of soap bars at all as these clog my pores and leave my skin tight/dry.

I prefer the Obagi foaming gel cleanser (with aloe vera), because this product cleans my skin without clogging, leaves my pores soft/smooth, never dry.

But I guess people have different ways of cleaning the face...... and this is my way to take care of "me".

catski wrote:

Yes, I dont use soap either. Nano - cyclic silver is a unique kind of product. Smile
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 am      Reply with quote
when my face gets oily i just use the starbucks napkins, they are the best at removing the oil and free too Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Great suggestions! Smile

wen_goldfish wrote:
when my face gets oily i just use the starbucks napkins, they are the best at removing the oil and free too Smile
Brent

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Use oil controlling lotion, as well as getting face treatment. You should decide on a good cleaner for your face, that eliminates the oil, yet keep your skin moist. Secondly, use a epidermis toner after cleaning your face because toner can tightens up the epidermis pores.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hello Brent Smile What brands do you recommend as an oil control lotion? What type of face treatment do you suggest that will control an oily skin?

Brent wrote:
Use oil controlling lotion, as well as getting face treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |