Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
bday presents that leave you feeling a bit...um....insecure?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
hmm Laughing Ok, so I know that a lot of my friends know that I really *really* like skincare but I'm feeling a little bit weird, or perhaps insecure, about the birthday gifts that I've gotten... Some were very practical, but a lot involved skincare, but not just any skincare - "corrective" skincare Shock

"Congratulations, you're a year older, so start using these!":

Guerlain Midnight Secret (for when your face looks dull after a night out)
A set of Sothys masks (including a "vitality" mask and a mask for cleaning out pores)
YSL Touche Eclat (fair enough, I use this .... but still!)
CD Age-Defense Refining Essence (what are they trying to say!?)

I know this is a bit hipocryctical of me given that I would readily buy these types of products for myself without batting an eyelash, but, with all of these coming at once from different people I couldn't help but feel a bit insecure and paranoid about this! Embarassed I don't think I've ever got this much skincare from various people on the same day...

You all know what I'm after here.... sharing of the bday presents YOU got that made you feel a bit funny.... Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy! Is it your birthday today? Happy Birthday if it is!! Very Happy

I had a set of anti aging skincare for my 30th - I was not amused!!! (I was horrified at turning 30 anyway without that on top!) Anyway I now know it was only because the person who bought knew I loved the range and had done a 'reccy' in my bathroom!! Laughing

Blimey aren't we sensitive!!! Very Happy

PS - I just turned 33 and had my Grandad (!!?!) busy telling me I was getting on a bit now!!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hey......happy birthday!

And why are you moaning about getting midnight secret? That stuff is soooo expensive and it means you can party like when you were 25 and not look 45 the next day!

I think you are very lucky to have people who actually think...wow, Mabsy will like this! and apart from the CD, none of it is actually specific aging stuff (and even then the CD is protection...just like C serums...you gonna stop using that coz it makes you feel older? Wink )

Birthday pressie that would make me feel insecure would be
Deodorants Shock
granny pants Confused
crimpoline tent dresses Crying or Very sad

PS did you try the secret when you got back from celebrating? How did it work? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy....Happy Birthday!!!!

Here's something to be insecure about...I've been in hospital for 2 weeks after having a severe asthma attack.....My boyfriend bought me a pressie for when I got out.....a treadmill!!!!....said I need to lose 2 stone!

Now I know this is true.....but a bit a bit of tact wouldnt go amiss...!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Mabsy! I wouldn't get too offended by the gifts. They obviously know about your * spam alert * to skincare and thought they'd get you something you'd enjoy. Well, that's how I'd like to interpret it. Very Happy

Gucci - Shock Sorry to hear about your asthma attack. Are you ok now?
I was actually thinking the other day that you hadn't been around for a while. Now I know why. Hope you are feeling 100% soon. Smile
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Happy B-day. I'm jealous that your friends put so much thought into your gifts.

I discourage presents and surprises. I can't bluff at cards and I can't hide how I really feel. I have received some really horrifying gifts that make me think "Do you know me at all?" It's the thought that counts and sometimes the gift is so wrong that I have to wonder if they "thought" at all.

For my birthday last month I ordered myself some presents. Skincare from EDS, some lovely tops from espritonline.com, and a pair of 18k gold earrings from bluenile.com. I wasn't disappointed at all!

Gucci - that is so scary! I think that is a wonderful gesture from your boyfriend. You probably had him really frightened. Be well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy just thought, do you fancy swopping your skincare for my treadmill!!!! Laughing

I'm waiting for the weights to arrive for my valentines present!! Sad

Thanks Toe/Freefall2, I'm perfectly fine now, nothing like oxygen, IV drips, and steroids to get ya lungs working properly again! Thought I'd get away with doing no more DIY, but the sod's bought me a fantastic mask, looks like a gas mask, to keep out the fumes!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Thought I'd get away with doing no more DIY, but the sod's bought me a fantastic mask, looks like a gas mask, to keep out the fumes!!!!

Oooh, a treadmill and a gas mask. You are a lucky girl! Laughing
Glad to hear you are ok now. Asthma is a scary thing. My boyfriend has it but fingers crossed he's never had a serious attack. It must be terrifying. Horrible, horrible stuff. Sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Dancing Happy Birthday Mabsy! I doubt you get skin care presents because people think you need them. They just know how much you them.

So glad you are feeling better Gucci. Very Happy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Mabsy,

I am with Winnie and think they were try to find something you love and enjoy.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Shock Take care, Gucci!! and Happy Birthday Mabsy! Very Happy I think your friends sound FAB! How great is that? You get to try new stuff! I'd love to try the Guerlain stuff!
Pudoodles
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Aw, Mabsy, I'm sure they had nothin' but good intentions when they bought you your latest stash of skincare. They actually sound quite wonderful!!!!

I got black balloons, a crying towel, and an application to purchase a gravestone from my husband on my last birthday (it WAS my 40th, yes, but how about a nice certificate to a day spa?!) Yes, he was joking and did give me a beautiful necklace at dinner later on, but 40 was a tough one for me!!! 'Course now that I'm thoroughly addicted to Desparate Housewives and they are all over 40, I'm starting to get used to it!

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Hey Mabsy....Happy Birthday!!!!

Here's something to be insecure about...I've been in hospital for 2 weeks after having a severe asthma attack.....My boyfriend bought me a pressie for when I got out.....a treadmill!!!!....said I need to lose 2 stone!

Now I know this is true.....but a bit a bit of tact wouldnt go amiss...!!!!!

Oh poor Gucci, I hope hes looking after you too. Take it easy on the treadmill, dont want you back in hospital....
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Happy birthday Mabsy Very Happy
Gucci, you must take care of yourself we missed you.
Shouldn't your boyfriend be scared that when you are as slim as you are beautiful that you might run off with a gorgeous young man that buys you diamonds and flowers and gucci stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I wish people would give me skincare products, they all know how much I love skincare products. But nooooo they give me stuff that I really have no interest in. Hey but it's the thought that counts. I guess I should be more greatful Rolling Eyes.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
happy birthday mabsy!

An old boyfriend from ages ago bought me a book my Sark for christmas. It's basically glorified self help.

I think your friends know you really well and that's why they bought you those things. I think they'd be sad to know you think that they think you're old. Get it? I'm talking in circles
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Mabsy!!

Your friends and loved ones must know how much you skincare!! Laughing I am a bit jealous. I would love to have someone else pay for these things for once. Wink

Only this year did I get any birthday presents that I actually like. Gift certificates for a day spa ( massages) and a nice restaurant ( good food). I've gotten plants. I do not have a green thumb, the poor thing died on me within a matter of days. Embarassed Lots of PJs that actually should have gone to someone about 30 years older than me. Shock I prefer my sleepwear to be on the sexy side. Wink Laughing

Some of the gifts I have received were so bad that I couldn't even get myself to either 1) re-gift Embarassed or 2) donate to charity. Rolling Eyes It got tossed.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hope you pampered yourself on your birthday Mabsy and were treated like a star. I'd love skin care on my birthday, I wouldnt like to get anything like support tights, or any thing for incontinence Laughing Then I would think my friends are trying to tell me something. Confused
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Mabsy! I hope you had a great day! Image
Mabsy

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
A treadmill, self-help book, frumpy sleepwear - ok I feel much better, thank you! Razz And thank you for all the wonderful bday wishes also. I'm sure I did over-react but I think it was just seeing all of those at once that had that effect. I've received skincare before and didn't feel funny about it. I decided that as a treat to myself (yeah, like I'm short on those! Rolling Eyes ) I'm going to go book myself in for my first ever Jurlique facial! I'll be sure to report back...

Anyways, now it's time to try all the stuff! Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Yay Mabsy, Reckon you deserve. After all, you only buy and try all these products just so you can tell us about it, isnt that right Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Yay Mabsy, Reckon you deserve. After all, you only buy and try all these products just so you can tell us about it, isnt that right Laughing

rofl That's an excuse I'll have to use on my other half! I don't think he'll buy it Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Oooo just come across this thread. Hope its not to late to wish you a Happy Birthday Mabsy! Very Happy

For what its worth, I agree with everyone else on here - your friends must think you are very special to get you such wonderful gifts.

Afterall, it could be worse, you could have gotten an iron. Confused

ps you are gonna the midnight secret
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
... I'm going to go book myself in for my first ever Jurlique facial! I'll be sure to report back...

oooo nice! Whereabouts do they do them? Would love to hear your feedback Smile
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you rzecka Smile I'll let you know when I try the Midnight Secret. I must say that I have been tempted to try this for ages...

Rosewater - I know that there is a Jurlique concept store in Queen St Mall in Brisbane and I guess that they would do them. There is also a chemist close to me that has a Jurlique counter and does facials too. I haven't booked in yet but I'll let you know when I do.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |