Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Changes to skincare routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TammyH
5% products discount

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am in the process of revamping my skincare routine and need some guidance. I'm super oily, rosacea, large pores on cheeks, TOTM breakouts, & what I assume is hyperpigmentation on my forehead and below my jawline down the sides of my neck.
Recently this has been my routine:
AM-
Cleanse-Basic Bar for Sensitive Skin
Moisturizer/SS - Eucerin Daily Sensitive SPF 35

PM-
Pre-Cleanse-Mineral Oil
Cleanse-Basic Bar
For hyperpigmenation-St Ives Non-scrubbing exfoliation pad (lactic acid)
Moisturize-Equate Beauty Lotion w/Vit E Sensitive Skin

AHA/BHA Treatments-
2 times a week apply Studio 35 Beauty Alpha Hydroxy Cream 8% AHA of 70% Solution

Once a week cleanse in the evening with NeaCler Liquid Oxygen Acne Wash. I was using it every evening, but I thought that may be too much now I only cleanse once a week with it.

But after a month of following this routine, I haven't really noticed any changes.

I read the post regarding product pH and application wait times. But I'm having a hard time applying that information to my routine and knowing exactly what I need to do.

This is what I do know - while I understand that bar cleansers are very alkaline and cause dryness, so far I haven't had that problem and I really like using the Basic Bar. I've had no luck in reducing my hyperpigmentation by using the St Ives pads.

So that brings me to my questions:
If I wanted to use another cleanser at night - what is a good drugstore pH balanced cleanser?

What are some drugstore products to help with hyperpigmentation? What about using a yogurt mask?

How am I supposed to find out the pH of products? I've searched everywhere online and can't find anything.

Is my sunscreen too much for my skin? I bought the Eucerin because it is both a physical and chemical sunscreen.

What about hyaluronic acid? I've read numerous times that oily skin is dehydrated skin & hyaluronic acid is a deep moisturizer. Could I benefit from this? If so, where does that fit into my routine?

Sorry for the long post and questions. I'm beginning to feel like that no matter what I do, my skin never gets any better.
I would go to a derm, but there is only 1 in the area that I live and I went to her years ago and all she did was give me Rx after Rx with no changes. Thanks in advance for all input!
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I too have large pores, although technically they arent large pores they are actually sebum plugs under your skin that create shadows and the appearance of large pores. You can see this stretching your skin out.

The large pores become much more noticeable when i was using Skin biologys AHA and copper peptides. I used these products for almost a year and at the end had large pores and red marks. It is funny because i was using the lactic acid Skin biology formula and my pores seemed to be getting larger.

I have recently switched over to paulas choice BHA 9% and BHA 2%, and have already noted a significant change in the smoothness and pores situation. You should use a daily BHA for the large pores and oily skin. I find consistent mild exfoliation superior to weekly concentrated acids.
TammyH
5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 am      Reply with quote
gouldbergvariations wrote:
I too have large pores, although technically they arent large pores they are actually sebum plugs under your skin that create shadows and the appearance of large pores. You can see this stretching your skin out.

The large pores become much more noticeable when i was using Skin biologys AHA and copper peptides. I used these products for almost a year and at the end had large pores and red marks. It is funny because i was using the lactic acid Skin biology formula and my pores seemed to be getting larger.

I have recently switched over to paulas choice BHA 9% and BHA 2%, and have already noted a significant change in the smoothness and pores situation. You should use a daily BHA for the large pores and oily skin. I find consistent mild exfoliation superior to weekly concentrated acids.

Are the BHA 9% & BHA 2% two separate products? If so, how do you use them in your routine? I've read good things about the Paula's Choice line - but I want to stay with drugstore poducts.

It never occured to me to use low dose products everyday rather than high dose weekly. When I go to Ulta this weekend I had thought about purchasing the Alpha Hydrox lotion.
gouldbergvariations
5% products discount

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
TammyH wrote:
gouldbergvariations wrote:

Are the BHA 9% & BHA 2% two separate products? If so, how do you use them in your routine? I've read good things about the Paula's Choice line - but I want to stay with drugstore poducts.

It never occured to me to use low dose products everyday rather than high dose weekly. When I go to Ulta this weekend I had thought about purchasing the Alpha Hydrox lotion.

Hi Tammy, The BHA 2% and 9% are separate. I have recently been getting an initial breakout which is somewhat expected. After all it has only been a week. Not big cysts/zits, just small pimples. I wash my face once daily, at night with oatmeal ( quaker oats), then apply the bha 9%. I am rotating this and the 2%. The reason i do not wash in the morning is because i find that for my own extremely sensitive skin, twice daily is way too much.

I was using weekly peels/ needling and microdermasion in a rotational manner. But i felt these really didn't do much but irritate the skin and possible exacerbate the large pores.The key for me is daily mild exfoliation. I did however find a noticeable different in skin texture after 1 mm needling regimes. But the effects were only temporary.

I will let you know how it goes with the coming weeks.
obsedded1234
5% products discount

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried retin a? It really works to; make pores smaller, reduce hyper-pigmentation and reduce/prevent wrinkles and breakouts. However its not a quick fix. It takes 6-12 months to see improvement.

Also its rather cheap.. especially when bought from adc.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |