Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which JI shade to choose?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I've been reading the raves about JI minerals and quite fancy giving them a go once my current mineral base has run out - but I can't tell what color to use from the screen! Can anyone help please?
I am VERY fair, have some faint freckles (typical redhead/irish type skin).

I have used BE in 'Fair' and Youngblood in 'Pearl' (but this was a tad too dark for the winter when I have less freckles - despite SPF 65 I still get a few more summertime!).
Anything with a pink undertone looks awful on me I tend to go with yellow undertones or neutral.
Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia!

I have similar colouring with dark red hair, light green eyes and fair skin that marks easily.

I have never tried Youngblood but just recently tried JI loose base (samples fromwww.skin-etc.com) having used BE now for the last 8 months. I had been using BE in #2 but have found it too dark recently so I ordered #1.2 it's just a tad darker than #1 with yellow undertones.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/skin-etc_1830_4898014

Here's a good view of all JI base colours. It looks like Bisque is the lightest, most neutral colour.

In JI I find Satin, it's a neutral, my perfect match. I do have yellow under tones but the next best for me, Warm Silk, makes me look too orange. These are the only two colours I've tried, I requested Amber but the samples were sold out. It looks too dark now on the swatches but some say it's actually lighter than Warm Silk, how confusing!

I actually like the freckles peeking through, it's the old blemish marks and new blemishes I would like to hide. I really like this JI base but am giving it a few more days before I decide which I like more BE or JI, they both seem to have their own pluses, I like the slight glimmer in BE and use MV over it if I want a more matt finish but the JI seems like a finer powder and imo covers better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I too suggest getting samples from skin-etc.com, or sampling them at a salon near you!
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Agree w/ everyone. skin-etc is a good place to order samples from.

I tested it out at a salon, and then ordered from EDS.
I bought the Handi at the salon though, because I needed it, and I felt bad because I gave them a lot of trouble in terms of finding a perfect match. Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
dalguy,

I'm like that too. If they put up a fuss for me I feel bad so I have to buy something... Embarassed
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia, good luck with your choices for the JI. Ive looked a few times and given up. Mind,Im still trying to master the Bare Escentuals so for now I guess I'm better off not wasting any more money. I never look the same two days running. Laughing
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!
The BE 1.2 (Fairly fair is ok on me in the summer but is a shade too dark normally) - I'm really fair, creamy white! (My OH jokes that in the summer I'm white and it the winter I'm transluscent!!! Smile ) I see JI now do a new shade in 'Ivory for those that find Bisque too dark so I'm going to get a sample of that to try and the bisque and see how I go. Are the pressed darker than the loose by the way?

I don't mind my freckles peeking through - I've had them my whole life, though I have less now that I'm older and thanks to a total block they're really much fainter - I tried an airbrush base that totally covered them and I look very odd, this pale skin and I have large blue eyes - I looked like a porcelain doll, which sounds ok but trust me it's bizarre!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Tsk, Skin-etc don't ship to the Uk as we have our own distributor - just checked out the UK site - £39 for a loose base!?!?!?? Shock
That's over double what a pot is here on EDS!!Really annoys me that they hike up the price here!!!Grr - they do it for other products too. I used to get my MD Forte from Dermstore but the manufacturer stopped them selling to the UK - we have one distributor for it in the UK, they also distribute MD Formulations and BE so if you buy any of those products here the price is insane (an MD Forte cleanser for nearly £40!!! - At an average $1.70USD a £1 the hike is surely OTT?).
I get everything from EDS (or DermaDoctor for the stuff EDS don't carry like Fallene Total Block SPF 65) now. Better service, better advice,quicker delivery(?!) and better prices!
Sorry rant over!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Lucia, I'm sure someone has been able to get samples from skinstore (Toe maybe?)- hang on, I'll do a search...

Oh and the prices make me Mad Mad Mad too!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Found it!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4455&highlight=skinstore+com

It was skin-etc. hmm
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Both Eve and I (in UK) have successfully ordered samples from Skin-Etc. It took about 2 weeks for the samples to arrive. Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
they have that note on their website but don't stick to it. They send stuff to Canada
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Ohh I might give skin-etc a whirl then - they can only say no!!! Laughing
Thanks ladies! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Yay for the EDS forums!! Smile

5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia - I also have extremely fair skin, freckles, and red hair. I just got the JI pressed powder in Bisque and it seems to be a near perfect match. Hope that helps!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |