Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I trust your verdict of the dermapen you bought; O I will get one soon.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Keliu,

Just remember that I haven't tried any of the other devices to compare it to. But it seems adequate for my needs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Keliu,

Just remember that I haven't tried any of the other devices to compare it to. But it seems adequate for my needs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mine states quite clearly on the box that it is made in China.

Keliu, can you share which seller you purchased from? I am getting ready to purchase one myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Keliu, can you share which seller you purchased from? I am getting ready to purchase one myself.

I purchased from purplecrystal2008 - but there are other sellers who have them for less.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
At the price point you purchased for your My-M -less than $200, I am considering the same. It could be several months before Dermapen makes any official changes and we don't know the price that any new models will come out at, so I think I may jump on this.

I have not been back to the owndoc site for quite awhile...so I don't know if she tested the same model...

Thanks for your reports, BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I just thought of something else....as long as the device punches holes in the skin similar to a dermaroller, but much faster and contained (not dragged across the skin).....does it really matter where it was manufactured? as to build quality, presumably, the cheaper ones will die sooner - that would be the significant difference I think.

By the time it dies, the market is likely to be in a different place anyway, with newer models and newer price points...so much seems to be happening right now in at-home skin devices.

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Ok, one final point - at least with needling, regardless of which device we use, as long as we use a needle long enough, we can be sure we are accomplishing what we are trying to do...which seems the opposite of some LED or Laser or similar devices that you run over your skin and pray that it's working - but you don't know for certain until quite a bit of time has gone by?

does that sound right?

BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with your comments above. The Chinese My-M does efficiently punch holes in the skin - will a more expensive device last longer? - probably, it may even have a more "elegant", smoother motion - but for now it will serve my purposes. At least it's more user friendly than using a roller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 am      Reply with quote
What concern me most is the needle, not the device.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered a My-m for $100 on eBay. We'll see how I like it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Please tell us how you like it and how you think it compares to a dermaroller after you get a chance to use it. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
bethany wrote:

Please tell us how you like it and how you think it compares to a dermaroller after you get a chance to use it. Thanks.

Will do!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Hi bethany, Can you let us know which seller you chose to purchase from? Thanks.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

Hi bethany, Can you let us know which seller you chose to purchase from? Thanks.

yes, please!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
packratmack wrote:
bethany wrote:

yes, please!!!

I bought from this guy (I think a lot of them are actually the same seller) and I offered $100 which was accepted. (shipping was free) You may want to wait until I get it though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230853343415

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany, I am not ordering yet ( dont worry Wink ) just wanted to have the info....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
Thank you Bethany, I am not ordering yet ( dont worry Wink ) just wanted to have the info....

No problem! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Did any of your My-Ms arrive yet?

I am anxious to hear more about them, thanks!

BFG
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi BFG,

I received mine last week and used it for the first time at the weekend. I had the needle set at 1.0 and I seemed to get a better roll (as it were) than when using a standard roller with a longer needle length.

I actually found it a pleasure to use, - although this novelty may wear off, lol. I found it much easier than using a normal roller, and juding by the redness the next day, I'd say it's more effective,

hope this is useful

Jackie xx
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi BFG,

I received mine last week and used it for the first time at the weekend. I had the needle set at 1.0 and I seemed to get a better roll (as it were) than when using a standard roller with a longer needle length.

I actually found it a pleasure to use, - although this novelty may wear off, lol. I found it much easier than using a normal roller, and juding by the redness the next day, I'd say it's more effective,

hope this is useful

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie, did you use any numbing cream with the
My-m or the regular dermaroller? I am just trying to figure out if you think one is less painful then the other. Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cookie,

no I didn't use a numbing cream, and I didn't use one with the regular roller, - although I really don't think I applied enough pressure with the regular roller, which is part of the reason I got the dermapen.

I agree with Keliu, the higher speed seems less painful,

Jackie xx
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I have been rolling for at least 2.5 years. I use vitamin c and Retin A pre and post roll with emu oil post follow up. I am very happy with the results. I think I have maintained my skin and not had additional aging along the way.
I bought the Derma Pen. What should I use pre and post treatments.

Thanks for your help.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm happy to hear the less expensive version is working out for some of you. Hopefully more will report back with their opinions on it. My trigger finger is getting itchy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I'm happy to hear the less expensive version is working out for some of you. Hopefully more will report back with their opinions on it. My trigger finger is getting itchy!

Mine isn't here yet. Sad

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |