Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
We had a rep for the SkinPen come to the spa last week. The website is under construction but it is supposed to be faster, cheaper than the dermapen and cordless.

Please keep us updated!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Can one use the Dermapen every day (0.25 mm)?

mismis wrote:

A great feature of the pen is the adjustable length so that you can go from say .25 mm to 2 mm depending on the area being treated. And it is nice to have a new hygienic needle head every time!
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can one use the Dermapen every day (0.25 mm)?

Are you talking about for product penetration? I don't know if you can but I wouldn't because I think even at the slowest speed it still punctures the skin many times a second. I would think over time doing that everyday would be too much for the skin.

ETA: When I used to roll for product penetration I rolled about 3 times a week. That seem to work for me personally but I wouldn't try to do it 3 times a week with a Dermapen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
IngiiJay wrote:
Ladies I have been reading your reviews about the my-m pen with a lot of interest. I noted that the original my-m pen was cited on the bellaire industries website. I realise that there are cheaper versions avaialalbe (ebay and other places) and I wondered whether any of you had any thoughts about if they are knock off my-m's whether they are just as good as the Bellaire ones. The Bellaire website has heading saying 'beware of imitations'. Do any of you have any thoughts about that?

My ebay My-M looks to be exactly the same as the Bellair My-M. Unfortunately unless we compare them side by side there is no way to really tell if they are truly different. Though askign for pictures of the packaging and instructions would be a good start.

http://www.bellaireindustry.com/microneedle.html

Also, FYI that the warning he has posted is not for the My-M...it is for a different unit.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/detail.cfm?mdrfoi__id=2978650

http://www.eclipsemicropen.com/technology.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
IngiiJay wrote:
Ladies I have been reading your reviews about the my-m pen with a lot of interest. I noted that the original my-m pen was cited on the bellaire industries website. I realise that there are cheaper versions avaialalbe (ebay and other places) and I wondered whether any of you had any thoughts about if they are knock off my-m's whether they are just as good as the Bellaire ones. The Bellaire website has heading saying 'beware of imitations'. Do any of you have any thoughts about that?

My ebay My-M looks to be exactly the same as the Bellair My-M. Unfortunately unless we compare them side by side there is no way to really tell if they are truly different. Though askign for pictures of the packaging and instructions would be a good start.

http://www.bellaireindustry.com/microneedle.html

Also, FYI that the warning he has posted is not for the My-M...it is for a different unit.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/detail.cfm?mdrfoi__id=2978650

http://www.eclipsemicropen.com/technology.php

These are so expensive! I guess if someone wants to spend than what ebay My M pen goes for, they should go with the owndoc's dermajet, imo... as they have a long history of selling needling devices...
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
Can one use the Dermapen every day (0.25 mm)

Are you talking about for product penetration ?

Yes, and the reason I am asking is because according to Dr Setterfield cosmetic needling can be done up to 7 times a week. I think it was mentioned here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=50 and here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45819&start=0

I am suspecting that one is better to use a dermaroller for cosmetic needling and a dermapen for medical needling.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone here, especially my hero Keliu who as is often the case was the first to jump in and buy one of these My-M's, I now have mine on the way!

I'm looking to get deeper treatments in the areas I most need to address (lip lines and parentheses, thickening up skin around eye area) and which I found most difficult to treat with the roller. I had a three line, but unwieldy-ness and pain never allowed me to attack my trouble spots with the valor I would have preferred. I believe My-m should work for this.

I will also give the husband a treatment, as he's game since a successful tca I did for him took a good five-ten years of sun damage off his skin.

My concerns with about using the MY-M are causing PIH. I have gotten this from the one and only microdermabrasion treatment I had, a tca peel, and the last roll I did either brought the PIH from the peel to the surface, or caused a bit too. Either way, it has since lightened. I get it on my cheekbones where you would apply blush, and edges of forehead. There seems to be light spots in amongst the darker area.

I intend to use a home made retinyl palmitate, tetra and e oil, after the roll. Is anyone using a hyaluronic based serum to help move the 'pen' on the skin? I know its more of a stamp everyone is doing to avoid tearing, rather than the nice sliding we see on videos. I just wondered if it was worth stamping in some nice actives, or if it improves the treatment experience?

I'm interested to hear if anyone does a side by side comp of the dermajet and the MY-M. I almost got persuaded by the tearing article to wait for Sarah's one, but a couple of reasons made me choose the Korean design. The dermajet looks unwieldy to me. No other designs, even professional products are that large, yet I believe they're powerful enough to get in and out of the skin without tearing it. I'm sure the designers of those products considered something as basic as a duty cycle and the possibiity of tearing a face up if the needles were ripping across the skin half the time. The skinPen has enough power to even be cordless, and no larger than a pen. I truly believe you would see track marks if your My-M's were dragging needles across your skin because of the duty cycle issue. The extra expense was another consideration.

I also believe when it comes to beauty devices, I'm looking to Korea and Japan for innovative designs and devices. They have the cutting edge technology. Turkey, on the other hand has not made a name for itself as an innovator in this area (not that they can't produce great products).

I look forward to hearing how it stacks up though! I hope it's great! The more good beauty devices we have to choose as consumers the better.
Futura
5% products discount

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi from Mexico to all!
I am really jelous of you in the US, Europe or Australia.

Why? I bought the My M knockoff on dhgate (dot) com plus 50 replacement cartridges for only 163.88 dollars. I will never receive it through a normal carrier because it was declared as an acupuncture machine. It won´t be cleared by mexican authorities due I need to show a health permit (which I don't have and it´s difficult to obtain) because it´s a machine that punctions the skin and makes it bleed and it can cause diseases !!

Does anyone knows a trick(s) to enter Mexico a device like this?

Ooooh....(lots of sights)! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Will I have these stretch marks, scars and hyperpigmentation forever?
Thanks for reading !
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Futura wrote:
Hi from Mexico to all!
I am really jelous of you in the US, Europe or Australia.

Why? I bought the My M knockoff on dhgate (dot) com plus 50 replacement cartridges for only 163.88 dollars. I will never receive it through a normal carrier because it was declared as an acupuncture machine. It won´t be cleared by mexican authorities due I need to show a health permit (which I don't have and it´s difficult to obtain) because it´s a machine that punctions the skin and makes it bleed and it can cause diseases !!

Does anyone knows a trick(s) to enter Mexico a device like this?

Ooooh....(lots of sights)! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Will I have these stretch marks, scars and hyperpigmentation forever?
Thanks for reading !

Sorry to hear about your difficulties - it's so frustrating when countries have laws that stop us from purchasing devices which are readily available in other places.

Have you tried purchasing from Ebay and just ask the seller to mark the device as "gift"?

5% products discount

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu !

I appreciate your support and believe me I will try that way next time.

I´ve been reading you and more users through various topics for over 8 months, educating myself with your opinions and knowledge on beauty information. Really helps!!

Thank you, thank you!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Futura,

If the gift option doesn't work, have you looked at the Reaura or Tria threads? The laser devices are much more expensive, and seem a bit more superficial than results we're going for with the deep dermapen type treatments, but the fraxel technology seems to work on the same kind of premise (small skin injuries to promote healing and more collagen growth). I wonder if you would be able to bring one of those into the country somehow? I say this without even knowing how to get one in the US yet! just trying to help with options.

For those interested in buying one of these on eBay, I almost went with a snazzy black looking My-M (looks exactly the same, except it was called Segawe). I thought it was the same company, perhaps it was the brand for Asia, or professional. When I asked however, I found out that the My-M is made in Korea, and the Segawe was not. That probably means it is Chinese made, especially as they ship from Shanghai usually. I think generally Korean beauty equipment is often of a better quality depending of course, so I quickly changed my mind and went with the My-M after all. They were priced similarly.
Futura
5% products discount

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Trigger!

I would love to pay for an ReAura or Tria (knowing that these surely work) but I prefer to pay less in this purchase. I appreciate your suggestion.

You are right: I already saw that vendor called Segawe on eBay with chinese produced items. Yeap, I guess the only korean and original My M (to say the first dermapen knockoff) is the device from Bellaire for almost 600.00 dollars!! (Still expensive for me).

I´m trying to achieve the experience from those who have bought chinese My M knockoffs from eBay for as low as 100.00 dollars and get benefits on their skin. I dream of that!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently the My-M's being sold on eBay are made in Korea. I was just saying that the segawe are the Chinese version.

Perhaps anyone who has bought one may have kept the box that says where it was made? If not, mine should be here soon. I'll check to see if it says anywhere. I was told by the sellers that the My-M's are from Korea.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:57 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
Apparently the My-M's being sold on eBay are made in Korea. I was just saying that the segawe are the Chinese version.

Perhaps anyone who has bought one may have kept the box that says where it was made? If not, mine should be here soon. I'll check to see if it says anywhere. I was told by the sellers that the My-M's are from Korea.

My My-M, purchased from Ebay, is manufactured in China. I'm very happy with it - and given that a needle-pen is not to be used all that frequently (unlike those used in a clinic) I think it's perfectly adequate for home-use.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks Keliu. He fibbed! I believe they are Korean designed. Whatever. They seem to want to tie in with Korea somehow, as all the listings have 'Korean' in them.

Most things we use are produced in China today, including iPhones. A lot more has to do with design and quality of production and components.
Futura
5% products discount

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Keliu for the info. Please Trigger keep us updated about your treatment and results. Regards. Smile
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mine arrived today! It looks great. Mine didn't say where it was made. The generic electrical plug is Chinese, but made by a different company.

I won't be able to treat myself until late next week because of an event and my tendency towards swelling after my aggressive treatment technique. Hopefully I'll even have some emla by then.

Instead my husband is dutifully surrendering his face tonight. He will have to make do with a bit of climax spray Laughing . I tried it on his arm, and he was all 'oh, so its just like a tattoo? '
His skin is much less prone to swelling, but see,s to respond very well to aggressive treatments. I'm looking forward to trying this out! I'm going to go hell for leather on his wrinkles!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
He chickened out. I think it's better that we both wait for the emla. He said the trial on his arm hurt a bit. Well funnily enough, I first used .5 depth, but it wa on a very slow setting. Apparently that hurt afterwards for hours. On the other arm I used 1.5, but used the fast speed. Apparently that hardly hurt, and didn't ache afterwards. I was very surprised about that. I'll be keeping my treatments on a higher speed and using a stamping motion. judging by tho results, I bet the dermajet hurts like h*^#ll
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
My experience is that the very act of being treated creates a sort of numbness. I can easily top things off with a good bloody roll after I have done 3 - 4 passes with the derma pen.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I got my My-m yesterday. Can't try it yet because no time. Mine was made in China. I got it off Amazon, but it's the same My-m everyone else has. The price was the same as on ebay, and it was eligible for Amazon Prime. If anyone's a Prime member and wants a My-m.

I think mismis is right about the numbing by being treated, esp. by fast speed. trigger's comments back that up. I have a couple of small tattoos, and realized when getting them exactly why people get addicted to tattooing. I never let myself get more than the two small ones because I knew I'd regret it, but while I was getting them and shortly after I was a little obsessed with getting more. Maybe it's the endorphin release with the faster needle speeds. I ran the My-m with no needles, and the action does seem very similar to that of tattooing.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I did my husband tonight and the way he carried on actually had me convinced that I had ordered counterfeit emla. I bought it on amazon, but it came all the way from Thailand. He bled like the dickens and a after his forehead and around one eye he got up and was yelling about something unrelated and making excuses that I couldn't continue etc. Boy was it a scene! I eventually got to finish him, and he bled good and proper, but I didn't pulverize him as well as I would have liked, and nowhere near as well as I'd do my own face, I think anyway! I only got to do horizontal and vertical on the forehead, and a little extra on the lines. Everywhere else just got the once over with a little bit of a going over the lines. I only stamped, using either 1mm on bony areas like around eyes and forehead, and 1.5 on the cheeks. He hated it so much. Obviously emla needs to be even thicker. I mean, it was $50 a tube, and I used a third of it.

Afterwards, I wanted to check the emla, but I couldn't do my own face, so I decided to do some light stretch marks on the side of my bum that I've had since puberty. I put some on, occluded it for an hour, cranked the My-M to 2, and I could not feel a thing. Obviously it's more fleshy than my husbands bony face... But nothing!

I went hell for leather on those little white lines, stamping away, even holding it on there to let it power stamp over each bit for a few seconds. I got blood spots but no bleeding. I think I'll not waste the emla next time to make the other side match, and just use the climax spray I still have.

Anyway, that was my first go with it. I love it. It's a great device. I prefer it for control and ease of use compared to the rollers. I love that you don't have to jam it into your skin yourself. That was always the hard part. It was just so brutal.

My husband wasn't too happy with me. He was yelling in the middle of it: "this is bull$h1t! I don't care about looking old what's wrong with it?!". He seems to be over it now though. He likes the results when he looks better. Lucky the pain doesn't last...
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I think this is about the funniest thing I have ever read on EDS... Bad Grin

reminds me of something I might do myself in a sort of passive aggressive kind of way Laughing

BFG
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Trigger, I can't believe he let you do it to him! Brave man!

I want to buy a My-m but am a little concerned about how long I'd have to hide out after I use it on my face.

I just did my first roll on Wednesday - 1.5 on the thighs - without Emla. It was fairly uncomfortable but not particularly painful. I think I did it pretty aggressively but can't be sure. That's why I'd like to get the pen. I got beet red and then when the redness wore off I had vertical and horizontal track marks. (does this mean I did it correctly?) They looked horrible! I still have them but they are much lighter today. I can't imagine doing that to my face.

Of course afterwards I immediately regretted doing it, hoping I didn't get a staph infection, other nonsense..... After I saw I wasn't going to lose my legs I was ok. Bad Grin
CarolineP
5% products discount

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
My husband wasn't too happy with me. He was yelling in the middle of it: "this is bull$h1t! I don't care about looking old what's wrong with it?!".

Hahaha! I can just imagine working on my husband's face, Lol. He would probably try to walk off.

Hmmmm... Might be a good idea to practice on him first Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Laughing
I would do it away from mirrors, so he can't see the bleeding. Men freak out when seeing blood Very Happy
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing It really showed the incredible difference between how people react to these treatments. I really got him pretty good around the eye wrinkles, far better than I got myself last time with my 3 line, though I was going at it with all my might, but he looks absolutely fine today. Actually he looks better. I can tell he's chuffed, and I almost didn't want to tell him it was temporary micro swelling.

Last time I rolled, My face swelled up like a ballon for four days. My eyes were so swollen there was no way I could leave the house (actually I had to the next day and it was really embarrassing). I looked inflamed, and my skin was rough and needed special barrier care for two weeks.

My husband, aside from pinpricks on his forehead where I really went to town and got the blood flowing just looks perfectly lovely. No redness, just a bit less wrinkly than usual.

He is a funny one though. He barely looks in the mirror, except to straighten his very dapper clothes/hair. Not the least bit vain, just unconcerned. But he does seem to trust me implicitly Bad Grin and will let me do things to him.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |