Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Has anyone noticed their neck skin/eye skin firming up after several dermapen treatments?

I've had good firming in both areas.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you, guys, buy needle cartridges for the My-M?
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine from Amazon...

Highwinwin Needle Cartridge for Electric Auto Microneedle Derma Pen 10pcs $29.99
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just got done with my first My-m session, and I have to say I'm less than impressed. I did a 1.5mm session on face, neck, and décolletage that took me 2 hours, and the redness had faded from my face by the time I was done (did face first). I got a little bit of blood but not that much.

One thing that bothers me is that I looked at the needles under a 10x magnifying glass before I started, when the device was on, and they DO NOT retract all the way into the recess mechanism for the longer needle lengths. So if you're gliding this thing on your skin *at all* with about 1.0mm or above, you're just putting micro-rips in your skin. Because of this I used a pure stamping motion, which was a lot of trouble, and I still wasn't sure if the needles were going in the full length or not.

However, I did not use any anesthetic, which probably inhibited my ability to go long enough in one area for real aggression with technique. Plus I was already tired of stamping and also tired of the low-level pain by the time I got done with both cheeks/mouth/NL area, but still had the rest (forehead, 11's, neck décolletage) left to go. Neutral

The biggest thing that bothers me, though, is how much the needles stick up over the recess even when they're supposed to be retracted. Has anyone else noticed this with theirs? Did I maybe get a bum unit? I got mine off Amazon not ebay, and it's made in China not Korea. Maybe it's one of those crappy ones Sarah Vaughter talked about.

Any of you experienced My-m users have any insight?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Yubs, I am not an experienced My-M user but I would use only a pure stamping motion with this device.

Yubs wrote:
One thing that bothers me is that I looked at the needles under a 10x magnifying glass before I started, when the device was on, and they DO NOT retract all the way into the recess mechanism for the longer needle lengths. So if you're gliding this thing on your skin *at all* with about 1.0mm or above, you're just putting micro-rips in your skin. Because of this I used a pure stamping motion, which was a lot of trouble, and I still wasn't sure if the needles were going in the full length or not.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I admit that I haven't checked out mine with a magnifying glass - however, I use a different technique. I apply an HA serum first, use a length of 1mm on the fastest speed. I then glide the device over the skin using a circular motion - I don't press the device into the skin at all. I let the device to the work by holding it lightly over the skin but I do make sure I get good coverage. I re-apply the HA if it starts to dry out. The most important thing is to use the highest speed IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I'd definitely check with a magnifying glass to see if your needles regress all the way before continuing with the gliding technique. Speed of punching doesn't really matter if the needles never pull all the way out of your skin before coming down again for another punch. On my device, the longer needle lengths do not regress all the way, ever. They always show above the lip of the needle recess. But this is not an indictment of all My-m's...I know I may have a bum unit from a crappy manufacturer.

Not telling you what to do, of course, just throwing it out there at least to take a look. It kind of freaked me out.

After sleeping on it I think I'm going to send this unit back. I don't want to use it again. I have a Dermajet on the way. Hopefully it will be better. If not, I'll try a My-m made in Korea, with a link to a vendor from someone who is happy with theirs. I don't recommend getting a My-m off Amazon.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yubs i have had no issues with my my-m at all .Mine seems to be working fine and i don't get any dragging of the skin.I have had 2 treatments so far and just about to do the 3rd tonight.My skin is looking really good .When i am doing the treatment i have it at the highest speed and 1.5 for cheeks and 1.00 for rest of face and neck except the eyes.I go extremely red during and up to 2 hours after treatment.Next day my skin look great due to inflammation but i can honestly say my skins never looked as good .IMO i think this is much better than the dermaroller ,i never got great results from it.I'm sorry you are not happy with yours it does sound as if there may be a issue with it.I hope you get more success with the dermajet. x
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:06 am      Reply with quote
HI marcaia, I was wondering if u r able to tell that these good results are def from the My M and not the pico toner you are using? Thank you
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi daler i would definitely say its from the dermapen .As i have used the pico every day for 3 months now and i have not got the lifting i was hoping for .The first couple of times i used it my skin looked bright but thats about it.Though i will keep going with it.Now the dermapen is totally different results altogether as im not looking for lift with this obviously.My acne scarring is not as deep as it was my skin looks clearer .I know my own face and this to me is this best thing ive bought for my skin and believe me ive bought a lot Laughing .HTH X
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Hi daler i would definitely say its from the dermapen .As i have used the pico every day for 3 months now and i have not got the lifting i was hoping for .The first couple of times i used it my skin looked bright but thats about it.Though i will keep going with it.Now the dermapen is totally different results altogether as im not looking for lift with this obviously.My acne scarring is not as deep as it was my skin looks clearer .I know my own face and this to me is this best thing ive bought for my skin and believe me ive bought a lot Laughing .HTH X

Thank you so much marcia, this is a v good n useful review...
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
No problem Daler just glad i can help.Ive just done another treatment and look like i have bad sunburn Shock but it dies down in a few hours and to me this is a sign of a good treatment xx
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:04 am      Reply with quote
there are others I've recently stumbled across:

Eclipse MicroPen

Mesopen from Bellaire

Appears DermaPen has competition.

BFG
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
there are others I've recently stumbled across:

Eclipse MicroPen

Mesopen from Bellaire

Appears DermaPen has competition.

BFG

Any opinions about quality/comparison?

Thanks...sis

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:33 am      Reply with quote
not yet, just mentioning them so we are aware there are alternatives and more coming, apparently.

BFG
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind adding one of these to my arsenol. Imagine that Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:08 am      Reply with quote
BFG wrote:
not yet, just mentioning them so we are aware there are alternatives and more coming, apparently.

I've also got a Dermajet on the way from Vaughter Wellness and will report back on that in six weeks when I do my next needling treatment.
TP2013

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:17 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Yubs, I am not an experienced My-M user but I would use only a pure stamping motion with this device.

Yubs wrote:

When I used my MYM I definitely had the drag issue, I used self made HA serum, for my next treatment, on Sunday, I will use numbing cream and use it in a stamping motion without jabbing it in.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Ok, the list I have come up with so far are:

DermaPen
My-M
Eclipse MicroPen
Mesopen from Bellaire
Dermatude Pen from Dermatude (this one looks quite interesting - need to research further)
new Dermajet

Others? seems like all of a sudden?

BFG
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Ok, the list I have come up with so far are:

DermaPen
My-M
Eclipse MicroPen
Mesopen from Bellaire
Dermatude Pen from Dermatude (this one looks quite interesting - need to research further)
new Dermajet

BFG

http://mcure.co.kr/e_catalogue/

http://mcure.co.kr/e_catalogue/image/page/img_6.swf
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:50 am      Reply with quote
forgot about this one....yes!

Since some are claiming needling superior to some lasers (in some applications), I expect this to be an attempt to compete, maybe.

Thanks
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 am      Reply with quote
BFG wrote:

Looks like the rest of the world is catching up to EDS! Laughing

Got my Dermajet today and I'm fairly impressed already, even though I didn't have much time to examine it and haven't used it yet. It's got a punch not a rattle (like my My-m), and seems quite powerful and well made. I wish I hadn't used the My-m on Saturday so I could try them both at the same time.

But I have a [possibly stupid] question for BFG, bethany, CookieD, et al., all you Big Gun Needlers who have been doing this regularly for a while:

Given that I rolled last Saturday, do you think I could get away with doing another deep roll tonight or tomorrow? I know you're not supposed to do them like two-three weeks apart so as not to disrupt the healing process, but I'm wondering if another semi-deep roll now (I'm dying to try the Dermajet!) will be early enough in the healing process to not disrupt it. Any thoughts?

Please don't flame me for being an idiot. Laughing I just want some more informed opinions. I've seen lots of stuff that says don't roll again between like 2 - 6 weeks, but nothing about rolling again a few days after.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
no stupid questions when it comes to this..

My educated opinion is that you should do one really deep needling/rolling session then not do another for at least 4 (if not longer) weeks.

My basis for this is that you don't want to prolong inflammation and/or interrupt the 28 day wound healing cycle.

BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs, I would say if you think you didn't get a good roll because of the problems you had with My-m you could probably do another roll. If you just want to try the Dermajet I wouldn't do a treatment because you could over stress the skin and cause more inflammation in the skin then you would want.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Try it on your hand! The hand is where I learned I must have EMLA cream before pen-ing.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |