Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I see the DJ thread was pulled. There was some useful general information in that thread, not specific to the DJ unit itself.

Any chance we could at least salvage those sections and put them in a sticky at the top? At some point, I am still hoping to start an automated needling thread.

BFG

I'm sure it will come back when things die down.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I used LED after my SkinPen last week for the idea to limit inflammation, or help it pass quickly. I get very red from the EMLA cream even before the treatment starts! I did maybe 10 mins of red LED about 2 hours after my treatment. When I got home from work I put a little retin-a on my chin to help with my monthly zit friends.

Not sure if it was the LED, the depth of the needles, the aggressive gal doing my treatment, the retin-a or a combination of all these things but I have been peeling since Wednesday. Not horrible like a big peel, but more than flaky. Not a big deal but it is different!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I used LED after my SkinPen last week for the idea to limit inflammation, or help it pass quickly. I get very red from the EMLA cream even before the treatment starts! I did maybe 10 mins of red LED about 2 hours after my treatment. When I got home from work I put a little retin-a on my chin to help with my monthly zit friends.

Not sure if it was the LED, the depth of the needles, the aggressive gal doing my treatment, the retin-a or a combination of all these things but I have been peeling since Wednesday. Not horrible like a big peel, but more than flaky. Not a big deal but it is different!

I would assume it was the Retin A - if the channels were open from the SkinPen, it will penetrate even more than usual and cause the flaking. Back in the old days, I periodically put on Retin A after a roll just to cause a good peel...I don't that anymore though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I peel after my dermapen treatments without using retin A. The flaking peaks at about a week. I do a very light dermaplaning treatment because I find gently flaking the dry skin off with a blade is less sensitizing for my skin than using a peeling product as I am highly reactive to acids at this point. Then my moisture products penetrate a lot better and the texture is much improved. Obviously only to be done after all irritation has settled, and only to gently get rid of the surface flakies.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't expect to flake on my forehead since I just used to retin-a on my chin.

I think it is a result of the aggressive pen treatment. I think my next go will be less aggressive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any experience with ibeautymachine products?

They have two auto-rollers and the higher priced one has a German made motor. Their website looks higher end (videos too). They have a 30 day money back guarantee (doesn't include s/h).

I did send them an inquiry about needle retraction because it wasn't clear on the video.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/motorized-micro-needle-system-12-needle-rechargeable.html

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/motorized-micro-needle-system-12-needle.html
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:

They have two auto-rollers and the higher priced one has a German made motor. Their website looks higher end (videos too). They have a 30 day money back guarantee (doesn't include s/h).

I did send them an inquiry about needle retraction because it wasn't clear on the video.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/motorized-micro-needle-system-12-needle-rechargeable.html

I've looked at this website before. If my My-M carks it, this would be my next option - but I've no idea what the device is really like.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lol Keliu! One of my most favorite terms! I hope someone buys one of these to try.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I wouldn't expect to flake on my forehead since I just used to retin-a on my chin.

I think it is a result of the aggressive pen treatment. I think my next go will be less aggressive.

So you peeled all over? Very interesting. Why can't this happen to me?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

Not LauraLizzie, but I do.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
bethany wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

Not LauraLizzie, but I do.

I usually peel too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:

Oh, good! Their non-rechargeable model is within my budget. There's a 30-day return period, but there's also a one-year warranty that seems pretty solid. I'll probably order one in September.

Interesting site - I was checking out their sonic skin brush too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

Oh, good! Their non-rechargeable model is within my budget. There's a 30-day return period, but there's also a one-year warranty that seems pretty solid. I'll probably order one in September.

Interesting site - I was checking out their sonic skin brush too.

These pen models look good. I may have to check them out more.

BTW - did anyone see how cheap the rollers are??? Wow - have the prices come down for those.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I was looking at this:

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/galvanic-photon-derma-roller-with-vibration-540-needle-two-exchangeable-roller-design.html

Vibration in a roller? I would think that would cause tearing. I'm not sure what they mean, anyone familiar with these?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I thought the same thing about that roller Immacolata!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
MaryClaire wrote:

I've looked at this website before. If my My-M carks it, this would be my next option - but I've no idea what the device is really like.

Those do look very good....I think Bellaire sells the silver one, but it is much more expensive.

Please keep us posted on the the retraction and gliding aspect!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Just an FYI that I just placed a call to the Rejuvapen company that is located about 10 miles from me. I was only able to talk to a call center person who verified that they only sell to estheticians, but I asked that a sales person call me back anyway so that I can get more scoop in case some who is qualified is interested in purchasing.

http://therejuvapen.com/

I'll keep you posted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Keep in mind that much of what you are seeing so soon is probably still inflammation. I didn't really start to see real results until the 4-6 month point.

Hi Bethany,
Would you mind filling me in further on your remarks about my inflammation still being present at six weeks post treatment. I am concerned that you say the improvement I saw before my recent treatment after waiting the usual 6 weeks from my former one was inflammation. That would imply I would be staying inflamed the whole time I dermaroll/pen following these guidelines. Is there somewhere I can find out more on this? Is it from the Setterfield book? Thank you.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:01 am      Reply with quote
ibeauty has assured me that the needles fully retract...they even made a video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RMQ5lCgsc

Let me know if posting a youtube link, allows you to be signed on as me.

Thanks.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Posting a link won't make anyone sign on as you, so don't worry! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
ibeauty has assured me that the needles fully retract...they even made a video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RMQ5lCgsc

This was exactly my experience when testing the My-M - the needles stop in the position they were at when the device is turned off - but they do retract.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I hope Yubs will come back and let us know how the DermaJet holds up...I am curious about that device and see that the new seller has a website.

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
oops:

http://www.derma-jet.com/
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI that I just placed a call to the Rejuvapen company that is located about 10 miles from me. I was only able to talk to a call center person who verified that they only sell to estheticians, but I asked that a sales person call me back anyway so that I can get more scoop in case some who is qualified is interested in purchasing.

http://therejuvapen.com/

I'll keep you posted.

So I talked to 2 people at Rejuvapen and found out the following info:

- They will only sell to estheticians at facilities with medical doctors onsite. The price is $1595, and needle cartridges are $25 each.

- They went with a 9 needle cartridge because of the smaller circumference. They mentioned that many of the cheap needle cartridges have bent needles, and you really need to inspect them closely before using. Shock They also said that if you are using topicals during a treatment, the needle tips should be beveled in order to carry (and leave) the topical behind.

- The Rejuvapen needle cartridge is longer than most because they specifically wanted to avoid the blood cross-contamination found with cheaper/smaller machines where the blood actually gets into the unit itself (and not just the cartridge).

- Their needle cartridge is slightly different than the Dermapen in that it has ridges on the sides of the cartridge to give the topical somewhere to go while doing circular motions, and not catch on the skin.

- The Rejuvapen does glide during treatment.

- The motor is made in Korea, and they mentioned that they had a lot of custom tweaks to the unit to meet their specifications. The handle is also more ergonomic because the esthetician must be able to hold the pen for many hours during the day and not experience any hand fatigue.

- They consider their primary competitors to be Dermapen and the Eclipse MicroPen (battery operated and tends to seize up).

- FYI tip...many of the cheaper units will actually change depth settings during a treatment due to the vibrations. Shock They also do not recommend battery operated devices because you may experience a decrease in power during a treatment.

All in all, it sounds like a cool machine...too bad it isn't available to the majority of us!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, excellent work! Thanks so much for the info.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |