Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JamesM
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yubs wrote:
JamesM wrote:
Based on what we have seen here we do hope to make the Dermapen Personal a reality with some longer needles, but it may take a little bit of time to set it up, as we want to do it right. You will be able to purchase directly of thewww.dermapenworld.com website and you will also have a 1 year guaranteed warranty, that you can actually put faith in.

James, great news! Thanks for the update! Any idea about a ballpark price for this personal model?

$495AUS +$35AUS intl shipping is the price here:

http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-personal.html

Unfortunately the needle lengths are fixed at 0.3mm and 0.5mm the ad says. Sad

I believe we will use this model but we will offer some longer lengths for it... but in lieu of everything else that has been written we want to make sure we offer those with all of the disclaimers and test we have spoken about... So ostensibly you could purchase this one now and the longer needles when they are ready.
How often are people using their current devices they have purchased?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi James,

For me, approx. every 5-7 weeks.

The one I use now "dials" up from short to long.

I've never seen a Dermapen up close - so the individual needles of different lengths "swap" out of it?

Also, if you wouldn't mind educating us - would love to know more about the uses for the other devices mentioned on the page, the DP3, RF, etc. - just for our general education about Dermapen's offerings?

We here are the ambassadors of needling, lol.

Thanks! BFG
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:24 am      Reply with quote
JamesM wrote:
fawnie wrote:
Yubs wrote:
JamesM wrote:
Based on what we have seen here we do hope to make the Dermapen Personal a reality with some longer needles, but it may take a little bit of time to set it up, as we want to do it right. You will be able to purchase directly of thewww.dermapenworld.com website and you will also have a 1 year guaranteed warranty, that you can actually put faith in.

James, great news! Thanks for the update! Any idea about a ballpark price for this personal model?

$495AUS +$35AUS intl shipping is the price here:

http://www.dermapenworld.com/products/dermapen-personal.html

Unfortunately the needle lengths are fixed at 0.3mm and 0.5mm the ad says. Sad

I believe we will use this model but we will offer some longer lengths for it... but in lieu of everything else that has been written we want to make sure we offer those with all of the disclaimers and test we have spoken about... So ostensibly you could purchase this one now and the longer needles when they are ready.
How often are people using their current devices they have purchased?

fawnie and JamesM, thanks! That price is doable, for sure.

I can't speak for everyone, but the typical usage pattern seems to be in line with Setterfield's recommendations in his 2010 book: longer (1.0 - 1.5mm) needle sessions followed by a 6-week break. Do a series of those (can't remember how many in the book, around here the number in the series may vary according to person) and then stop needling altogether for a longer break (a few months). Some may experiment with different usage patterns (I will be) but that's been my observation from my readings. I hope others with more experience will chime in.
JamesM
5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi James,

For me, approx. every 5-7 weeks.

The one I use now "dials" up from short to long.

I've never seen a Dermapen up close - so the individual needles of different lengths "swap" out of it?

Also, if you wouldn't mind educating us - would love to know more about the uses for the other devices mentioned on the page, the DP3, RF, etc. - just for our general education about Dermapen's offerings?

We here are the ambassadors of needling, lol.

Thanks! BFG

Hi BFG!

I believe there are different thoughts for length of period in between treatments, but generally we recommend 4-6 weeks in between for lighter treatments and 6-8 weeks for more intense acne scar, scar, stretch marks etc. treatments. It doesn't hurt leaving it 6 weeks for all treatments but that is our general recommendations.

Yes the needles will swap out, I forget who it was that said it but they mentioned us choosing who we should focus on either the professional market or the Home. We have traditionally focused on the professional market as you know, but we would like to cater to the home market as well. So we needed to come up with some differentiation between the models and essentially the professional models are adjustable where as the Personal you will need different length tips. But you will still have the benefit if the very thin 33gauge needles which are on the professional models. These make it more comfortable and less likely to bruise. You will also have access to the Dermapen owner section of the website, which will be available soon and updated with training videos and other goodies.

The Dermapen RF isn't ready yet and has been delayed however the Dermapen 3 range is the latest versions of the Dermapen. We wanted to make the current Dermapen even stronger and better for clinic use so it has a number of improvements to the current model... Probably not necessary for home use as the Dermapen Personal device isn't being operated 8 hours a day.

Dermapen Cryo is a handheld device for freezing off warts, skin tags, solar keratosis and other little skin lesions...

We are working on more devices for the future as well...

Any other ideas for devices you would like created?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
James,

Thanks for the quick update. It looks like Dermapen is or is becoming the market leader in hand held devices for all sorts of dermatological applications. That's kind of cool...as opposed to the old dental chair type appliances we are used to seeing in derm offices and med spas.

I also now have a better understanding of the needle attachments, thanks. It makes sense that thinner needles would create less pain and bruising.

Thanks again, BFG
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Sounds good James!

I dont mind switching out a needle cartridge if its on a superior device. ?What makes your Dermapen superior to the Chinese and Korean models? <<< not trying to be a troll or argumentative, but Im just curious how the price of yours is justified. Thanks in advance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:43 am      Reply with quote
yes, fawnie good question - also, I guess we can assume the product warranty and return/replacement policies will be on the website updates?

Thanks again...BFG
JamesM
5% products discount

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:58 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Sounds good James!

I dont mind switching out a needle cartridge if its on a superior device. ?What makes your Dermapen superior to the Chinese and Korean models? <<< not trying to be a troll or argumentative, but Im just curious how the price of yours is justified. Thanks in advance.

Thats fine it's a very reasonable question...Smile The Dermapens quality is much better than many of those devices first of all, which is why it is the world leader for Professional automatic needling. The revolutions it can achieve are generally more than other devices which will give you a better result.
The design of the needle tips and size of needles we think is one of the most important aspects as I have already mentioned. It also makes it much easier to glide across the face with thinner needles. We know everyone likes less pain, this is also an advantage of thinner needles.
Much more back up and support, more resources for training so people can be more competent users. Also if something does go wrong a guaranteed 1 year warranty that you can trust...

I hope that they are a few good points of difference Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you again James!

1. What about return shipping if it malfunctions? Some of us live in USA and return shipping would be expensive. Would you cover that?

2. What length needles are included with the device? I would be using 0.3mm and 1mm.

3. Also, I think some of us are wondering about an EDS discount <?>

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 am      Reply with quote
James, I would suggest you should get some feedback on pricing of your needle cartridges. If home users are going to have to change out the needles during a treatment I would think most of us here use 2 different lengths during a roll. One size for around eyes and forehead. (I use .05mm for this) Then one size for the rest of the face. (I use 1.5mm) Others use 1.0mm.

I would suggest each cartridge be no more then $10. That way if you discard them after each use it would be no more then $20 after the initial cost of the Dermapen. I don't want to reuse my needles. Others here may have a different price point in mind or different views.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Good point Cookie!

@$75/5 those cartridges are going to get mighty pricy since most of us use a new cartridge for each use (and wisely so).

James: can you tell us the prices of the Professional and Medical models since those are adjustable in needle length and might in the long run be more economical use-for-use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:02 am      Reply with quote
When I mentioned 5-7 weeks, I was forgetting that some would use the device with shorter needles for more frequent use.

Good point,

BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 am      Reply with quote
If I use anything over 1.0mm I wait 4 to 6 weeks between rolls. I try to do 6 rolls a year.

I use to do product penetration rolls with a .25mm once or twice a week but now use other devices for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
If I use anything over 1.0mm I wait 4 to 6 weeks between rolls. I try to do 6 rolls a year.

I use to do product penetration rolls with a .25mm once or twice a week but now use other devices for that.

What other devices do you use for that? (Sorry-off topic)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
CookieD wrote:

What other devices do you use for that? (Sorry-off topic)

Merbe or Skin spatula

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
James I am very interested in the Dermapen Cryo. Would you be considering selling these devices for home use?
I do DIY for skin tags and keratosis at present, but I have had cryotherapy treatments and find that this is a much quicker and far easier treatment.
JamesM
5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:23 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Thank you again James!

1. What about return shipping if it malfunctions? Some of us live in USA and return shipping would be expensive. Would you cover that?

2. What length needles are included with the device? I would be using 0.3mm and 1mm.

3. Also, I think some of us are wondering about an EDS discount <?>

Hi Fawnie,

I don't think any company covers return shipping for warranty claims, but I am sure we can provide a US address to send a device to if there is a problem.

We haven't finalised the sizes, but I think we should be able to keep most customers happy.

EDS discount? Can't make any promises but I will see what I can do.

We will take into consideration the pricing suggestions, however there are a lot of things we have to factor in to make sure we get it right.. but thank you for the feedback CooKie.

Mishey, where are you based? It may be possible but the Dermapen Cryo isn't the cheapest device in the world. It isn't really meant for the Home user.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:23 am      Reply with quote
James I'm in Western Australia. I appreciate that it isn't designed as a home use device but it does seem to be just what I need. Can you give me the price on this please?
JamesM
5% products discount

Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
James I'm in Western Australia. I appreciate that it isn't designed as a home use device but it does seem to be just what I need. Can you give me the price on this please?

It's best if you contact head office in Australia directly, I look after the international side, so they will be able to help you better with local pricing.
You can contact them on these Numbers:
Free: 1300 668 755 (Australia only)
ph: +61 (0) 2 9889 3636

Ask for Stene and tell him you were talking to James on the EDS forum... I will let him know to expect a call next week. But we are talking about a couple of thousand dollars not hundreds... Let me know if you are still going to call and I will give him a heads up.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you James. Yes please let him know to expect a call.
JamesM
5% products discount

Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:42 am      Reply with quote
no problems Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:27 am      Reply with quote
James - I'm disappointed that you're not designing a variable length needle cartridge for the home-use pen - they are so much more user friendly - and cost effective. Do you think you can reconsider this aspect?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this anaesthetic cream - LMX4 Topical Anaesthetic Cream 5g? Note that it's recommended for medical needle procedures. It's much cheaper than Emla and is priced around AUD$13.95. Oh and it's supposed to numb in 30 mins.
http://www.terrywhitechemists.com.au/lmx4-topical-anaesthetic-cream-5g.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
James - I'm disappointed that you're not designing a variable length needle cartridge for the home-use pen - they are so much more user friendly - and cost effective. Do you think you can reconsider this aspect?

Thats my concern too since I use different lengths during the same treatment and the cartridges are so pricy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I feel the same way - although a genuine Dermapen is way out of my budget, and I probably would never buy one - if I could afford it, I would not get it if it did not have the variable lengths.

I will say that I have great admiration for Dermapen because of this thread. A company that listens to consumers is my favorite kind of company! Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |