Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The Best Natural/Organic Lines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ninae

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Would be interested in hearing everyone's opinion's here.

Personally, I suspect there might not be anything better on offer, as far as quality goes, than Dr. Hauschka and Primavera. These are, after all, developed by serious practitioners of herbal and aromatherapy based cosmetics, based on what has proven the best results, and not about creating the most exclusive, commercial brand. At least, if there are any as good I would like to hear it.

I do think there are ones that come very close, like Jurlique, Trilogy, Suki, Osea, and Living Nature, as well as some that are maybe a little bit lower, and many of which I love as well, but as far as how much value for your skin, I wonder.

And when it comes to The Organic Pharmacy, this is of course irresistably luxurious and a dream to use, with its beautiful packaging, colours, scents, and texture, but I feel this is more the Lancome of the organic skin care, or more about luxury than value for your skin. Though it's certainly one of the best out there and I would place it in the mid-range as far as these lines go.

Then there are also those cheaper, natural lines that aren't supposed to do much to improve, like Burt's Bees, but at least they don't do much to harm and would be suitable for a young teenager who doesn't need much help yet.

So what are your opinions or experiences with these brands yourselves? Would you agree with my assessment that there are maybe 5 levels and that they don't always correspond with price, but can have more to do with packaging, etc.

The Organic Pharmacy, for instance, I think was a deliberate attempt to create a natural/organic line that could appeal to those who like their brands to be expensive and luxurious, and I think that's a good thing, as even if it's not the highest quality at least it's getting it out there and miles better than the rest of you will find in the bathrooms of that crowd.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I'm really passionate about the organic/natural angle of skincare. I've pretty much used them all, especially since I used to be a skincare buyer/salesperson, and then an agent for makeup artists back in the glory days when everyone, even Organic Pharmacy, would send us tons of products, all unsolicited, for free. Of course most of the products would go to the artists, but if there was anything I fancied, I would definitely take it.

I've tried a lot of OP products, and I think you are right on when you analogize the line to Lancome. I really liked their tinted moisturizer, for instance, but then I realized that there is LATEX in the formulation? How is that organic?!?!

Any way, it comes down to your preferences, in terms of scents and sensibility (pun intended!). I never had any luck with Hauschka, but have used Osea, Living Nature, Evan Healy, and Tata Harper all with lots of success and happiness.

My most enduring brand loyalty has got to be with Osea, though. I feel like a broken record here on EDS, but for the price, the quality of ingredients and level of effectiveness is just supreme. I just bought more Advanced Protection Cream, which is their five-star product in my opinion, and am so excited to begin using it more frequently (I have been rationing it in recent months!). I also bought their red algae mask because of some new combo-skin issues I've been experiencing, and will report back.

Second to Osea would be Tata Harper. But while I adore so many of Osea's products, the only one of TH's I have repurchased would be the Rejuvenating Serum. This serum and APC, though, kind of achieve the same effect--satiny, illuminated, fresh, and firmed skin--so I'm just going with the APC for now.

I filled out a survey a while back for TH and they promised me a voucher for 15% off my next order, but the voucher rang up as invalid when I tried to use it.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Ninae

Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, The Organic Pharmacy is definitely the Lancome or Vogue version of an organic brand. But coming to think of it, it's not such a bad thing we have one of those too, for those who would never touch anything less glamorous.

And at least it's still a lot better to wear, even if it might not be the best to put on your skin. Loved the feel of their Carrot cream though.

When it comes to Dr.Hauscha I wouldn't use their whole line, but I have some favourite products I absolutely LOVE that nothing else compares to. Their Almond and Rose cleansing cream is absolutely divine and like nothing else I have tried. You can tell how healthy it is for your skin. I have also made my own version, you can actually make it quite cheap if you don't mind making up a small batch once a weak or so. Just grind up some almonds to make a fine textured meal, add some fresh lemon juice, some drops of rose essential oil, some Witch Hazel water, and some Glycerine or Hyaluronic Acid for moisture. I love how moisturising it is and how soft it makes your skin feel despite of cleaning so well.

T also love the Melissa cream which is my favourite moisturiser, the Rose cream being a bit too rich, and the light version a bit too dry. While I'd rather just use a Hydrosol or Floral Water as a tonger, maybe with some glycerine or Witch Hazel added for astringent effect.

What I find really divine, though, are the shower creams. Both the Rose and Lemon body wash, mmm, and probably the body lotions too.

I'm also sure the clay is of really good wuality, even though it's not my favourite to use, but most clays aren't actually that healthy and it's rare to find those which both contain precious minerals and are without toxins.

So I guess that's my thing about this brand, that it seems to be so healthy and good for your body even if you're not impressed with all the products. It's just that what feels the best and what actually is the best for your skin and will do it the most good are not always the same thing.

Think Primavera is pretty much the same or very similar and know they used to have some wonderful face creams at least.
vienna_h
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried "Derma E', "Earth Science", "Weleda" or "Logona"?

I'm pretty new to this natural stuff, I don't know where to start!
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I never had much luck with Dr. Hauschka. I like Weleda's body care but I don't think there's anything remarkable about their skin care.

I really love Red Flower's Omega Fresh Berry Oil and Lymphatic Phytopower Sea Cleanser. Those are my HG winter products, as they keep my skin from being dehydrated (I'm combo, but very dehydration prone due to low hormones). They really bring some life to my skin and keep it healthy.
They come in large bottles and are a good price/ounce.

Another organic brand with some great products is Blissoma. Their exfoliating cleanser is really nice and I like their A+ Serum, which is more like a light moisturizer. It's great for skin that's prone to inflammation. They're super reasonably priced for the quality. I like to use them in the summer.

Evanhealy's green tea clay mask is great and very anti-inflammatory but I now make my own, as it's just 50/50 matcha powder and sea clay. Their cleansing milks are wonderful if you have dry, sensitive skin.
missasoen

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest, i've just recently interested to switch to natural/organic product, right after i had my baby boy. My first initiative is to find out the safest skin care out there for my bub, this was exactly the starting point when i finally realized that i need to exclude those skincare that filled with lotsa dangerous ingredients.

So far, the natural product that i've tried and still use are the skincare line from burt's bees. It's affordable without a hefty price tag, yet it's quite effective and works well for my skin.

But i still eyeing another brand as well like weleda. I've seen quite a good review regarding their body care range.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:35 am      Reply with quote
These are three that I love. I also feel GREAT about supporting small business:

Glorybeherbals: great moisturizers, hydrosols, vegan eye balm and hair pomades. GREAT quality

Gratefulbody: love the toners - use before AALS treatment. I want to try more of this product line in the future, but I am very impressed so far.

Rainwaterbotanicals: great moisturizers, love the frankincense toner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
After trying most of what is available I am switching between Body Deli and Living Libations (which my skin seems to prefer).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Body Del does look interesting!

I have been into (and out of) natural skin care since I was a teen and pretty much all that was available was Alba, Tom's, and Nature's Gate.

I recently switched to Juice Beauty for their sunscreens, but now use all of their products and use the Juice Organics Pom hair products and moisturizer and my hair and skin really love it! In the scheme of things I don't know how organic or natural these products are, but they work well for me.
projectbeauty
5% products discount

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever looking into Pai Skincare? I use some of their products and they're just about an organic as you can get.
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
In terms of makeup - I like Tarte. It's not really as 'natural/organic' as, say, Dr. Haushka, but it's good enough for me.

I love the Marajuca creaseless concealer, the cheekstains, and the lipbalms. The lights, camera, lashes mascara is good too.
Cynthiabb
5% products discount

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried the brand Reviva Lab? It is effective but cheap, worth a try..
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:34 am      Reply with quote
The Organic Pharmacy is too bad.A huge number of additives, eye cream is too greasy.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I agree that theres a lot of greenwashing out there, so you really have to know your ingredients. Suzanne Sommers has a toxic free skin care line on her website which according to her ingredient listings looks pretty toxic free without all the bad "10".

And Helena Lane has an all shea butter lineup on her website. I have used her trial kits and really liked.
projectbeauty
5% products discount

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
And Helena Lane has an all shea butter lineup on her website. I have used her trial kits and really liked.

Same here. I found the quality of her Shea butter is one of the best.
ochorios

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
There are labels that absolutely must be on skin care products that are truly organic. Products made in the USA that are really organic must have the"USDA Certified Organic" label on it. This is considered the gold standard in organic skin care products. Products without it that just say "100% organic" or "natural" are actually telling you nothing at all.
They can contain essential oils and waxes that are solvent-extracted, synthetic emollients, oleochemicals and petrochemicals. Canadian skin care products are not even covered by Canadian Organic Standards. International products that are considered organic have an Ecocert label but even their standards are pretty lame and apply ONLY to cosmetics.
One brand that I like is Terressentials. It's a really tiny company in the U.S. that grows its own wildcrafted ingredients which is cold pressed.They also bottle their facial products in glass to preserve the essential oils. It can only be purchased directly from them online. Unfortunately they can't ship to Canada because their labels are only printed in English which apparently violates Canadian protocol.
lindsay123
5% products discount

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Any good natural cleansers for sensitive skin out there? I'm finding it impossible to find something that is sulphate, soap and paraben free..., but that is also not loaded with a bunch of irritating oils and extracts etc Sad!

I'm thinking about trying a cleanser from the Boots sensitive skin range, although it does have methylparaben near the end of the ingredient list so i'm not sure.
magsiemags
5% products discount

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Really enjoy reading this thread, and as i have finally realised many the products i use are full of nasty chemicals, i am now changing over to more skin friendly products,
i have been using the Organic Surge shower gels and hair products for a while now, and i like a lot of the products from this company,
http://www.sr-skincare.co.uk/

the Vit C serum seems good value and i like it a lot, i would be interested to hear if any one else has used any products from them ?

i am still very new to better/kinder/ products,
has anyone used the Beauty Without cruelty stuff ?
lindsay123
5% products discount

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used anything from the Active Formulas range - http://www.activeformulas.com ? I know they sell actives on their own but they also do a range of products themselves.

Cleanser:

Castor (Ricinus communis) Seed Oil, Squalane (Olive), Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Seed Oil, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Wheat Germ Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Rosehip (Rosa affinis rubiginosa) Seed Oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Alpha-D-Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene.

They also have a base cream to use on its own or with other actives:

Distilled Water (Aqua), Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, C14-22 Alcohols, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesame (Sesamum indicum) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) Seed Oil, Avocado (Persea gratissima) Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

What do people think? They have a few serums i'm interested in as well. I'm quite tempted by the cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |