Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
jan marini
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mollmarie
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I recently starting using this line. At first I had a bit of a problem with my rosacea flaring up etc.. I was advised to stop all products and start with one at a time. I am currently using :
C-esta cleansing gel
Bioclear cream
What a difference! My redness has calmed down better then it has in years and my skin seems to be smoothing out. I still use clinique moisture surge extra gel, but I am sure I will be trying out the jan marini moisturizers as well. I am very excited and pleased with the result so far!
lucy2
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried my Bioclear lotion for the first time last night. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be the solution to my clogged pores. Glad you've found something that works.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have the bioglycolic cleanser and love it! Makes shaving a lot easier. (If your husband/son/boyfriend has shaving trouble, like razor bumps, I highly rec this cleanser pre-shave)

I wish EDS stocked the Factor A Plus Mask. I've been wanting to buy that since I heard of it. (You can look at it here: http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=3061&prodID=3405 )

I want to try more of her products, but samples aren't available so I've been thinking about trying Skinceuticals instead. They're very expensive so I hope samples are available LOL!

Anyway, I really like Jan Marini's line. It's got some very good, no nonsense products. Great quality.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Stay away from her lip contour product, though – it’s complete and unadulterated crap!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:08 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Stay away from her lip contour product, though – it’s complete and unadulterated crap!!

Jeez!!!I love this, lip area lines are minimized and my lipstick stays on all day.
mollmarie
5% products discount

Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently added the papaya exfoliating mask to my regime. It makes my face so smooth and soft. I have not tried any of the moisturizers as of yet, but intend to try one in a few weeks.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes yet another item of interest. Will it ever end?
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been really pleased with the Jan Marini product line. I have oily skin and I find the Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 a fantastic sunscreen. It leaves a nice, smooth, matte surface. Foundation applies smoothly and it does not cause that mid-day shine that most sunscreens (even the matte and oil-free ones) cause. It is one of the few products that I actually purchase on a reqular basis, which for me, is reallly something.
Also the Clean Zyme Papaya Cleanser and Skin Zyme Papaya Mask are terrific. They feel like they are working but are gentle enough to not give you that red, angry face that some exfoliation products cause. Hope this helps.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
I have been really pleased with the Jan Marini product line. I have oily skin and I find the Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 30 a fantastic sunscreen. It leaves a nice, smooth, matte surface. Foundation applies smoothly and it does not cause that mid-day shine that most sunscreens (even the matte and oil-free ones) cause. It is one of the few products that I actually purchase on a reqular basis, which for me, is reallly something.
Also the Clean Zyme Papaya Cleanser and Skin Zyme Papaya Mask are terrific. They feel like they are working but are gentle enough to not give you that red, angry face that some exfoliation products cause. Hope this helps.

Could you please tell me the sunscreen ingredients in the JM ? I've always wanted to try it but wasn't sure it was broad spectrum. Thank you Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:48 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
joani.sp wrote:

Could you please tell me the sunscreen ingredients in the JM ? I've always wanted to try it but wasn't sure it was broad spectrum. Thank you Smile

I don't have JM 30 in right now as it is winter here and I only use a 15. Unfortunately, I can't read ingredients off the bottle. Here is all the info. I have:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jan-marini-antioxidant-da-p_1771.htm
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
marina
I sent you a post but it seems it did not get through.
Here is a list of the active sunscreen ingredients on Jan Marini Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant:
Octinoxate (7.5%)
Octisalate (5%)
Benzophenone-3 (6%)
Avobenzone (1%)

As I mentioned, I use this product every day; sunny, cloudy, rain, hurricanes...as I live in Florida and the sun is intense even when it is not shinning!
I love how this product feels on my skin, unlike most sun care products. I have found, as I believe most women have, that if a product does not feel good, then no matter how good we know it is for us, we are just not going to use it. This is a product that I enjoy putting on my face. I think I would use it even if it were not such a great sunscreen!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
joani, have you tried the tinted version? EDS is giving a free tube for any order over over $150. Believe it or not , for JM , that's not easy to do-her products are actually reasonably priced compared to cellex-c et al.I'm wondering whether it provides any coverage.Thanks
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi marina,
I haven't tried the tinted version yet, but I'm waiting for an order I just placed which was enough $ to get the free tinted version. I can't wait to try it! I have a feeling the coverage is going to be pretty light, but I'll take any help! I ordered items I have not ordered before, so I can't wait to receive my package to see how these new products work. I'll let you know. joani
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Great! Please let us know. The products I liked from her line so far is the transformation serum (good for oily skin) the c-esta lip thing , bioclear and c-esta cleanser. The factor-A lotion was a bit heavy/creamy for me.Acutally, that' s all I've tried. But, I bought the transformation serum twice-very rare for me. Smile
mollmarie
5% products discount

Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just a little update. Almost 7 weeks into using Jan Marini, I had a reaction. My rosacea flared up, with redness, bumps, and excessive dryness.
After some advice from another aesthetician, she recommended stopping, again, and using cetaphil cleansing lotion. It took care of the problem with about 5 days.
I am not sure if the reaction was to product or windy, cold weather, but I am quit afraid to use it again.
Recommendations were to use thicker, milk based or lotion products.
Dr. H here I come! To many great reviews to pass it up.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |