Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Pore & Scar "filler" / Concealer Recommendatio
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi gals,

I purchased Epidermx and cemelia oil about 3 weeks ago and I am hoping that it will help reduce my pores and acne scars. They say it will take many months to a year to notice a significant difference.

Well, I'm impatient and want to look good now, so, while I am doing this treatment with Epidermx, I want to temporarily hide them until there is not need to anymore.

One thing I never wear is foundation of any sort, so I am wondering if someone could recommend a product that fills in the pores (like a foundation) but actually isn't make-up, but just a filler for the pores in the skin? Is there such thing? I thought I read in one of the threads that there is, but I am unsure.

Anyways, like I said, I don't want anyone knowing I am wearing this "filler" on my face so I am not wanting a colored foundation to fill in the pores. I want something that looks more natural where people will not notice, yet they will notice that they cannot see my pores.

Any recommendations anyone?

Thanks so much for all your help Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Please wait for other advice but I have heard that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is very nice. It is clear in color and helps fill in lines and large pores. You can wear without makeup for a soft matt finish and also before foundation. There are other foundation primers out there. My daughter uses a product called Dr. Feelgood (forget brand). She likes it very much. Either you love or hate Dr. Feelgood from what I have heard.

You might also like Bare Essentials or Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup. If applied lightly it is hard to tell you have makeup on and hides large pores nicely. The two above products would not only help pore size but would hide acne scaring. Mineral Makeup is actually good for your skin and has a nice sun protection.I found that ladies (where I worked) preferred Jane Iredale. The pressed base is nice because it's not messy. You can put it on with the applicator or brush.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that JI Disappear works good for scar and blemish coverage. Havent tried it yet myself tho Wink

Aga
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
My daughter uses a product called Dr. Feelgood (forget brand). She likes it very much. Either you love or hate Dr. Feelgood from what I have heard.

Dr. Feelgood is made by Benefit Cosmetics (based in San Francisco). I tried this and it has kind of a weird texture (like a solid lip balm) for me so it was hard for me to continue to use because I have an oily t-zone. On their website it does state that it's a light balm with Vitamin C in it.

HTH
gaffer
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
in canada we have microdermabrasion kits that you can do at home. they are safe to use and there are different types for different problems. there are ones for uneven skin tones, acne scars etc. go to your cosmetics counter and ask them. for example check outwww.canderm.ca look under neostrata and then under what's new. down near the bottom there will be a section on advanced dermo systems. go into the link and check it out.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Please wait for other advice but I have heard that Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer is very nice. It is clear in color and helps fill in lines and large pores. You can wear without makeup for a soft matt finish and also before foundation. There are other foundation primers out there. My daughter uses a product called Dr. Feelgood (forget brand). She likes it very much. Either you love or hate Dr. Feelgood from what I have heard.

The Dr. Feelgood that u mention is from the brand called "BENEFIT"
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
I heard that JI Disappear works good for scar and blemish coverage. Havent tried it yet myself tho Wink

Aga

Winnie, can you name some website I can go to to review and maybe purchase some of these products? Thank you. Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
cutevalleygirl wrote:
Aga wrote:

Aga

Winnie, can you name some website I can go to to review and maybe purchase some of these products? Thank you. Wink

EDS carries all the Jane Iredale products. Smashbox can be purchased on QVC. Dr. Feelgood on Sephora.com or benefits.com. I really think the Jane Iredale is the way to go. You will look beautiful while you are patiently waiting for your skin care products to do their thing. With a little JI practice you will look like you have no makeup on. Very Happy

Now, I don't wear JI. I just saw so many happy customers when I worked in salon. EDS also gets rave reviews on the product. You can also go to makeupalley.com and read what others have to say.
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,
I reviewed them all and I like the Jane Iredale the best. Is it a liquid? I looked it up here on EDS. Is it called
"Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals"?
If this is it, how long will it last normally for a $45 doller bottle?
I have a tan complextion. I'm worried that it may be too light if there is only one color. But then you said if we apply it lighly people cannot see it, correct? Is this true for tanned skin as well, or for just pale (lighter) skin?

thank you
Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
there's many colours for he liquid minerals foundation. It's a light foundation and you'll hardly notice you're wearing it. Your skin doesn't feel madeup at all. I wear MAC NC25 and use the Warm silk colour.
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
One other question regarding Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals. Can we get a sampler package? There are so many colors that I do not know which color would work for me.

How long does a bottle seem to last? Is it worth $45?

Should I go with a lighter tint? (since all I want to do is fill in my pores and acne scars). I don't ever wear foundation and I don't want people to notice that I am. I just want to conceal/fill-in my pores and blemishes, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again
Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
JI doesn't have samples in the Liquid Minerals. Check out janeiredale.com to find a retailer near you and try the products in person. I picked my colour after asking a lot of people what shades they wear and comparing. I also tried a sample of their powder from skin-etc.com, but a word of caution. The powders and liquid are slightly different tones and one may work for you in powder but not liquid.

I use the bottle daily and after 2 months I still have over half left! For me it's worth the price because it looks nice, feels nice on and doesn't give me zits.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Just seen this thread - Michael Marons Mojave Magic do a wrinkle filler stick (it's like concealer in a sort of self sharpening pencil like some eye pencils are). That is FAB for concealing any sort of indentation, be it a pore/scar or line (if you draw it in on the lines on your palm and then run a finger over it even they are lessened!). I use it on a couple of scars I have from childhood chickenpox.
You can get it in the UK on QVC so I guess the other QVC channels elesewhere should have it too. You can where this and definitely look 'not made - up'!

5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia,
Does this stick have a tint to it? If so, what color? I have pores all over both cheeks I want to conceal. Will it work for large areas? Or just small areas?

Thanks!
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Also, how is Ji liquid minerals different from a regular foundation? How does it fill in pores and scars any better then any other foundation that is applied to the face?

Thank you. Smile
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
It has a fair tint but I've used it on lots of differnt skin tones (I was a Beauty Therpapist and still keep my hand in a bit!:O). It is hard to describe, althoug it looks really pale it doesn't look like that on the skin, remember that the indentations will be darker so to birng them 'up' you need a ligher color to correct. I would say its best for smaller areas and it is designed for that but its so easy to apply you could probably cover an area if you needed too. Its not expensive either (even here in the UK!)
The blurb on QVCUK says:
" This magic stick from Mojave helps to soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - the universal shade works with most skin tones and won't rub off, and its anti-oxidant formula contains vitamins A,C and E. The filler stick contains 0.24g. " Its £12.50.

Like I say it works on scars too.

PS - Just found it on QVC.com for $15.00 Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:40 am      Reply with quote
cutevalleygirl wrote:
Also, how is Ji liquid minerals different from a regular foundation? How does it fill in pores and scars any better then any other foundation that is applied to the face?

Thank you. Smile

I don't know that much about liquid minerals. I have seen results from the JI pressed powder in the compact. I think you might like the pressed base rather than the liquid. You use a brush and can control the coverage very nicely. Start asking around your area and see if there is a salon that carries JI. If you could try them on before purchase that would be great.
cutevalleygirl
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi again Lucia,
Can you post a link to the $15 magic stick on QVC? I cannot seem to find it. I did see other products from the same line but not the pore/scar concealer. Thanksd a bunch Wink

Winnie,
Is the powder a good filler too? Does it basically act the same way as a liquid would by filling in the pores and blemishes? I wonder if it is more or less noticable when being worn. My main goal is to hide the pores, but not wanting anyone to know I am wearing a concealer.
Thanks Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I saw nicer results from the pressed powder. It is all in the application. You would need a very nice brush. The idea is to go light handed. I would strongly suggest that you try a mineral makeup (even if it's not JI) before you buy. Sometimes QVC has a whole show on Bare Essential. It would be good for you to watch it and see the results the ladies get. Makeupalley.com also has a lot of reviews on mineral makeup. Would hate to see you go out and spend the money and get the wrong color or hate it.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again!
Its listed as a wrinkle and line filler stick - http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=6285&cont=mhhb

If the link doesn't work do a search with mojave wrinkle filler!! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
qvc no longer has the wrinkle filler stick...

any other products you can recommend?
i'm bothered with the same problem too... Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Mojave Magic has a new anti-aging line called Redpoint. I have never tried this product, but it sounds like it might be what you are looking for. I can't post a link to it on QVC (USA), but here is the description:

"Instantly retexturize your skin, and help soften the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and pores by filling them in before your makeup. Redpoint's Age Minimizer Facial Line Filler is a colorless gel cream that fills in imperfections and disperse light. It also works to reduce the look of redness and unbalanced skin undertones while helping to keep your skin moisturized. This unique product works on all skin types."

QVC has a great return policy (up to 30 days), so you could always give it a try and if it doesn't work, return it.
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique has an instant pore minimizer that works very well for me. It has a slight tint(available in different shades) that has a matte finish. You can try it in the store before you buy.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cliniques pore minimizer use it in the T zone then I use the Supernatural poreless flawless tinted spf15 all over face, creates a natural matte effect takes all the shine out.I never use foundation either this combo gives me a very natural look and makes my pores and face look great, as you get older less is more.Both products can be sampled ahead.Philosophy is carried by Nordstrums and sephora.
kkleelee

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I have to very large pore sites on an otherwise smooth skin surface that are visibly distracting and no products worked to conceal them but a new product called Concealapore. It is a translucent pore spot concealer and when applied over the large pore site makes them invisible to the eye. The coverage seems to stay in place and works better than clinique to completely hide these holes from sight. I use it every day and it is improved my confidence knowing that everyone is no longer staring at my large pores.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |