Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Temples- how to tighten them...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sally565
5% products discount

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi

You know that thing we do when you pull the skin on your temples up and it makes your eyes go in to that gorgeosu cat shape?

Well is there anyway to make the temples or the muscles at the side of the eyes so tight that it does this? What do you think? I would love for my eyes to lift this way- it would give me lovely almond shaped eyes. I have kind of sad, drooping eyes naturally.

I have read a lot of people who do ageless have said thier eyes kinda shape- they went up at the sides.

Also in Happy Face Yoga there is actually 2 exercises called the temple lifter and the advanced temple lifter.

Thoughts anyone....?
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
Hi

You know that thing we do when you pull the skin on your temples up and it makes your eyes go in to that gorgeosu cat shape?

Well is there anyway to make the temples or the muscles at the side of the eyes so tight that it does this? What do you think? I would love for my eyes to lift this way- it would give me lovely almond shaped eyes. I have kind of sad, drooping eyes naturally.

I have read a lot of people who do ageless have said thier eyes kinda shape- they went up at the sides.

Also in Happy Face Yoga there is actually 2 exercises called the temple lifter and the advanced temple lifter.

Thoughts anyone....?

Sally565 I believe Tom Hagerty's scalp exercise is what you need. He's been doing it for years and not only has it kept his forehead smooth, it also appears to have lifted his eyes as you say, and it is supposed to be good for your hair too. Below is a photo of Tom in his seventies!

Many on his hair site forum (www.hairloss-reversible.com) have reported hair loss reversal from doing that exercise. It is exercise 5 on his website: www.shapeyourface.com

I suggest doing the whole workout which is only 5 exercises so you get a nicely balanced face. I also suggest you read his entire website before you start as he does give tips, IIRC.

Finally, if you find the scalp exercise hard to do, don't despair. Take a peek at the forum for tips others have shared (don't skip the archives). You'll find them not only helpful but it's also inspiring to see others who couldn't do it at first but eventually mastered it. And they were kind enough to share how the accomplished it.

The cool thing about the scalp exercise is you can do it anywhere. If you can move your ears, then you can already do it.
sally565
5% products discount

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Aww bless you nonie- thanks for your reply

I see what you mean about Toms eye shape- I would love eyes like that. But I reckon is are naturally like that.

You see I have been doing this scalp exercise for a long time and although I like it, it hasn't changed my eyeshape and I dont think it will....hmmm anymore suggestions Smile I know Carolyn form cff says her undereye exercise lifts the corners of the eyes, I do a similar exercise and haven't really seen any change though.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am      Reply with quote
sally565 wrote:
Aww bless you nonie- thanks for your reply

I see what you mean about Toms eye shape- I would love eyes like that. But I reckon is are naturally like that.

You see I have been doing this scalp exercise for a long time and although I like it, it hasn't changed my eyeshape and I dont think it will....hmmm anymore suggestions Smile I know Carolyn form cff says her undereye exercise lifts the corners of the eyes, I do a similar exercise and haven't really seen any change though.

sally565 I don't know if Tom's eyes were always like that. Although his photos when he was younger are taken from afar, his eyes seem different to me: http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_story.htm

You say Carolyn says her undereye exercise lifts the corners of the eyes and you do a similar one but haven't seen any change. Perhaps it's a combo of exercises that does this and not one particular exercise? See, my first question if I were in your shoes would be to wonder if there's any evidence of this. And yes, there is evidence Carolyn's program does seem to do that:

Diane's eye corners seem lifted so that her crows' feet are slightly ironed out and corner of the upper eyelid to our right is less hooded:
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/dianes-eyes
It is very clear her upper face has lifted up--and that happened in just a little over 4 months.

In Marilyn's photos, I see the change in the eyes between the first two images. In the first one, the outer corners of her eyes seem to go downward, but they seem not to do so in the second image as if lifted a bit
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/marilyn

Carolyn always talks about a combination of exercises, so it's very unlike her to give credit for the lifting of the eye corners to the under eye exercise. Even her response to the FAQ w/r/t eyes refers to how muscles are intertwined, so maybe you misunderstood her? Here's that FAQ I'm talking about: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/how-do-the-eyes-firm-up-giving-the-appearance-of-youth
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |