Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I’m a 32-year-old woman who is so hard to get in shape.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
coolvicks16

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 am      Reply with quote
I’m confused what should I exactly do? Can someone help me with some tips on how to get rid of the extra fat on my body?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Are you doing both aerobics and strength training?

Strength training is extremely important because it helps you build muscle, and more muscle means higher metabolism.

Also, incorporate some flexibility into your exercise program by doing yoga, tai chi, or general stretching exercises.
fairytea

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Besides having a healthy diet, exercise is important.

But if you are like me and hate working out for hours, I highly suggest you BodyRock.

Visit their website (bodyrock dot tv) and take a look at their workout which usually last for 12 minutes. If you think that 12 minutes isn't enough, think again! HIIT (high intensity interval training) is the best to boost your metabolism (up to by 1.5!) which last hours after your workout (meaning that you burn calories faster).

Take a look at their Facebook page where you can read lots of testimonials. They are also super positive and cheer everybody up all the time.

And you know the best of all of this? It's 100% free!

Female, 30-something, dark hair with fair skin normal to dry with oily T-zone, tendency towards clogged pores. Dermarolling, retin-A, vitamin C serum, sunblock. Want to learn more so that's why I'm here Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I love bodyrock.tv, they are amazing and so quick (for those of us with short attention spans especailly, haha).
I have to excercise when I can, short bursts here and there so it works.
It's a great place to start.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
What helps me is doing cardio workouts and either weights or body weight exercises. Or you can buy a DVD workout and exercise at home. I like to do these when I don't feel like going to the gym. I prefer to vary my workouts because I get bored with doing the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Diet is more important to weight loss than exercise although you need both. Track your calories to see exactly what you are eating. If you cook that means weighing and measuring your portions. If you don't, write down the calories from the package label. Then eat 500 less per week for a one pound weight loss if you don't exercise. If you exercise you should lose a bit more. If you are eating more than 2500 calories per day, then drop 1000 per day.

There is no easy way. Even the stars do the exact same thing.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 10 pounds in 2 months using the "my fitness pal" app. It's a calorie counter so it helps you stay on track. Try to decrease the amount of calories per day and you will lose weight. Maintain that, and you will keep it off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Depending on what your weight goal is....First be enthusiastic to make an effort to try to lose those extra fat. Start with baby steps i.e. try to walk for 10mins, then next time, walk for 15mins, until you are comfortable to make it to 30mins. Do this when you have time and on a regular basis... I would suggest lose the extra pounds slowly so that your skin can adapt with less impact to your skin. This is one suggestion.
wanling

Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Gym and diet control. It is hard to insist.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
You don't have to go to a gym. You can use DVDs from the library for free or look at the hundreds of videos on youtube featuring many professional fitness instructors.

Use google maps to see how far certain places are from your home and walk there and back when you do errands, like going to the bank, for example, or to RiteAid.
miss_taken

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I lost 10 pounds in 2 months using the "my fitness pal" app. It's a calorie counter so it helps you stay on track. Try to decrease the amount of calories per day and you will lose weight. Maintain that, and you will keep it off.

Also an avid user of MFP. I would highly recommend this site Smile You can keep track of your daily calories, your exercise as well as browse the forum for motivation, great recipes and support!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

I use my fitness pal too.. a most wonderful website. the calorie counting is great and the database is the best i've seen.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
If this woman can do it, no one has any excuses!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2253785/How-grandmother-72-stand-chair-lost-115lbs-set-world-record-longest-abdominal-plank.html
laced

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
The hardest thing to do when trying to lose weight isn't the dieting or exercising...it's STICKING TO THE PROGRAM.

You should aim to make a gradual lifestyle change. 1) Change your eating patterns. Opt for fresh and whole foods instead of fatty/fried foods, don't eat after 7pm, avoid carbs, drink water instead of soda or juices etc.
2)Start an exercise routine. Even if this is just walking outside or on the treadmill for 45minutes a day, or going for a hike/bike ride daily, make this a part of your day no matter what! Once you start to get more into shape then start to structure your workouts around areas you want to tone (such as legs, arms, stomach etc), and up the level of intensity. Remember that it's called a WORKout for a reason! It's not going to be easy, but if you set your mind on sweating your butt off for just 30minutes a day, you can do it!
3) STICK WITH IT! It's not going to happen overnight. It takes TIME. Many people get frustrated after about a week because they don't see an improvement or weightloss. But getting into shape is a gradual process, so don't give up!
4) Set out a diet plan (and by this I don't mean starving yourself, I mean swapping fatty foods for fresh foods...and there are TONS of recipes out there, so just google some and you'll be fine) and exercise regime (say, 4 GOOD 1-hour workouts a week, whether this is swimming, running, playing squash, etc....ideally be active every day). Stick to this faithfully and after THREE MONTHS, judge your progress.
5) Don't be so hard on yourself. If you lapse one day and don't exercise, don't beat yourself up, just make sure you make it to the gym the next day. If you eat a donught at work, don't think "oh well, today's shot anyway now!" and eat 2 more...just remember to work out a little bit harder next time.

**Exercise is REALLY important to weight loss, because it helps build muscle, which burns fat, and it boosts your metabolism. And because metabolism naturally slows down as we age, the older we get the more we need to keep our metabolisms up! And personally i'm not a gym-membership type of person, and if you don't have at-home equipment either don't worry about it. There are exercises you can do at home. My favourite is Billy Blanks Cardio Tae-BO Workout. Just YouTube it...there's tons of videos, and boy, will he get you working! You can do these at home in your living room and at your own pace. Also speed-walking, biking, and playing sports like tennis and squash are also great ways to get your heart rate up and that sweat pouring!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I'd suggest getting a good trainer.

34, dry thin skin with sun damage and pigmentation, dark circles, texture issues, a few fine lines, despised NLs, and lots of potential! Using 20% C serum, Osmosis Enlighten with vitamin A, Sunscreen, Lightstim, lots of supplements, green smoothies and juices, searching for the fountain of youth and looking into facial exercise and massage as well.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with Laced. It is about sticking to your new regime. Losing weight is all about a total lifestyle change. Ditch your current routine if it ain't working. The problem is that many ppl think that they are eating healthy, but they really arent. At around age 30, that is when you will gradually notice a decrease in metabolism. What you were able to eat when you were a teen and 20's, unfortunately you can't do that anymore. I remember when i was a teen, cheeseburgers at McDonalds were like 59 cents each and i used to eat like 8 of those things in one sitting and never gain a pound. Now as i near 30 yrs old, although my metabolism is still quite good i couldn't do that anymore.
If you are excercising and eating healthy and keeping on track with your calorie intake per day and still not able to lose weight...then i would seek out a Doctor to make sure your hormones/thyroid is normal.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
^^ agreed.

If you want real results, you gotta change your lifestyle. Especially if you're over 30 and are starting from a less than ideal weight, it's going to take time and a lot of hard work to get to where you want to be.

But it can be done! Try and get a workout buddy who you can exercise with a few times a week, I always find that having someone else to motive me to just START exercising is enough. When I don't have anyone to meet up with or "make me go", I usually won't. So ask your friends to do different activities during the week (going on hour walks with a girlfriend is also a great way to catch up, and burn calories at the same time!) or play tennis one night during the week or something. Anything to get you moving!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Diet IS king but to ensure you maintain muscle tone & to spend up fat loss exercise will help.

I'm currently using fitnessblender workouts -they're on facebook and have a channel on youtube. Workouts are free.

I took a look at bodyrock. She is fit to carry out those workouts but I don't think she has a good asthetic, it's a personal issue but if you get your bodyfat SO low you can see a 6-pack on a woman, you lose your butt and you have fake boobs. It looks odd - to me. Also doing daily HIT workouts if you are unfit/very overweight it will be too much too soon.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I am like you. What helped me was to get a personal trainer and use a core belt. I use a Contour belt on my midsection and back. I understand there are other belts even more effective. I think the Slendertone belt and the Flex belt are both supposed to be good. Read the reviews on Amazon. Hypnosis CDs are also good. My body was so out of control, I could not use traditional methods that work for most people. I had to use hard core techniques.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
For some people, exercise slows the metabolism:
http://www.drbriffa.com/2012/06/15/exercise-boosts-the-metabolism-it-seems-the-reverse-might-be-true/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |